Seeking Information: Sukhumvit Apartments

I will be in Bangkok in mid-June to mid-July of 2012. I was wondering if it would be possible to rent a clean, decent apartment in the Sukhumvit area (preferably in the lower sois) during this time?

I have been to Bangkok before, but I am not looking forward to staying in a hotel for that length of time. Is there anybody in this forum that can provide some information to this inquiry?

Thanks.

Okay...so it's been about twenty-four hours since I posted this topic and nobody has replied. Any reasons why?

Is this search criteria unavailable in the Sukhumvit area? If so, where should I look? Ratchada?

Please let me know. I am looking forward to any and all responses.

Thanks.

You should experience no problem in renting a 'serviced apartment' during that time for that period. However, it's unlikely you could rent a privately owned condo unit or apartment for such a short period. By Lower Sukhumvit I guess you mean Nana to Asoke. You should Google "Citadines" and "Grand President" who both have reasonable serviced apartments in Sukhumvit 11, which might suit your purpose.

You should experience no problem in renting a 'serviced apartment' during that time for that period. However, it's unlikely you could rent a privately owned condo unit or apartment for such a short period. By Lower Sukhumvit I guess you mean Nana to Asoke. You should Google "Citadines" and "Grand President" who both have reasonable serviced apartments in Sukhumvit 11, which might suit your purpose.

Very convenient, friend. Soi 11, home to Club Climax and a conveniently located bar-kart that serves ice-cream-bucket-sized vodka drinks for cheap until the sun rises. Thanks for this information. I will make further inquiry tomorrow.

Very convenient, friend. Soi 11, home to Club Climax and a conveniently located bar-kart that serves ice-cream-bucket-sized vodka drinks for cheap until the sun rises. Thanks for this information. I will make further inquiry tomorrow.

Okay, location, location, location--however, I am not up to paying $50/USD per night. I can do that in Waikiki, Hawaii.

I have a decent hotel in a lower soi area in the Sukhumvit area that offers a free continental breakfast, daily maid services, a pool and a spa (whether they are in working order, I know not), for less than $30/USD a day.

With all due respect to your references, I will either take the taxi to Soi 11 and save some cash and stay in my "trusted hotel" until someone with more insight and frugality can supply me with more input.

Thanks again for the reference, but being a cheap-skate, I'd rather take the tuk-tuk under the BTS than pay $50/USD per nite/day. If, in any way, I am out of line or need to be corrected, feel free to make those suggestions.

Trendy condominium is a 4 year old building behind the ambassador hotel next door to club climax :ph34r:

owners rent out monthly. Pm if you need a number

Zorro, how much do they charge per month at your suggested apartment?

To the other person who posted, why would you stay away from the "odd" soi numbers? Please let me know. I'd be curious as to your insight.

Thanks, looking forward to replies from both of you.

Okay, location, location, location--however, I am not up to paying $50/USD per night. I can do that in Waikiki, Hawaii.

Waikiki beachfront hotel for $50 USD per night. :lol::whistling:

Maile Skycourt on Olohana and Kuhio in Waikiki. Two blocks from the beach...Not the best place in the world, but you can find cheap rooms there.

Now back to the point...How much is that condo for rent behind Club Climax (per night in Thai baht or $US)? Also, why avoid the "odd" soi numbers?

Trendy condominium is a 4 year old building behind the ambassador hotel next door to club climax :ph34r:

owners rent out monthly. Pm if you need a number

Zorro, how much do they charge per month at your suggested apartment?

To the other person who posted, why would you stay away from the "odd" soi numbers? Please let me know. I'd be curious as to your insight.

Thanks, looking forward to replies from both of you.

owners charge anything from 16,000bht for a 36m studio to whatever for a 3 bedroom. Anyway I offered a contact number and you declined.... to hard basket for me, have a good trip

Maile Skycourt on Olohana and Kuhio in Waikiki. Two blocks from the beach...Not the best place in the world, but you can find cheap rooms there.

Now back to the point...How much is that condo for rent behind Club Climax (per night in Thai baht or $US)? Also, why avoid the "odd" soi numbers?

As for avoiding the odd soi numbers, going by one of your previous replies,

"Very convenient, friend. Soi 11, home to Club Climax and a conveniently located bar-kart that serves ice-cream-bucket-sized vodka drinks for cheap until the sun rises".

It seems the odd numbered sois offer everything you seek.

If you wish to spend your time surrounded by, pimps, drug dealers, prostitues, scammers, hawkers, peddlars and other such low life, everything you need is located on soi 13.

Suggest you take up a previous posters kind offer and check into the Trendy, it offers all you need and more, in fact you wont need to leave the premises, all the fun of the fair right on your doorstep.

By the way when you are in the clubs and the girls tell you, 200,300 or 400, they aint talking baht but $.

As for avoiding the odd soi numbers, going by one of your previous replies,

"Very convenient, friend. Soi 11, home to Club Climax and a conveniently located bar-kart that serves ice-cream-bucket-sized vodka drinks for cheap until the sun rises".

It seems the odd numbered sois offer everything you seek.

If you wish to spend your time surrounded by, pimps, drug dealers, prostitues, scammers, hawkers, peddlars and other such low life, everything you need is located on soi 13.

Suggest you take up a previous posters kind offer and check into the Trendy, it offers all you need and more, in fact you wont need to leave the premises, all the fun of the fair right on your doorstep.

By the way when you are in the clubs and the girls tell you, 200,300 or 400, they aint talking baht but $.

I am not interested in working girls of any nature. Yes, I have been to Club Climax. Am I there to have some drinks and have a good time and meet a nice lady? Yes. Will that happen? Hopefully...

I would be more interested in spending my time at any place with non-working girls. I did meet an honest local girl the last time I was there, had fun, paid $0. Any suggestions on where to look for other women of this friendly nature?

Please respond. Thanks.

I am not interested in working girls of any nature. Yes, I have been to Club Climax. Am I there to have some drinks and have a good time and meet a nice lady? Yes. Will that happen? Hopefully...

I would be more interested in spending my time at any place with non-working girls. I did meet an honest local girl the last time I was there, had fun, paid $0. Any suggestions on where to look for other women of this friendly nature?

Please respond. Thanks.

"Am I there to have some drinks and have a good time and meet a nice lady? Yes"

Well that depends on how you define, a good time and what your definition of a nice lady is.

Personally I wouldnt set foot in any of these places, overpriced drinks, full of pretentious people, crap music, good time, I doubt it, but whatever floats your boat.

Do you really believe nice ladies are in these establishments dancing the night away?

Most nice ladies, by the time they come home from work are too exhausted to go clubbing, if they do its always at the weekend accompanied by their friends to places well off the beaten track, and you wont find too many 55 year old 300lb farangs there, unless their BG has brought them along to pay for her and her friends night out.

So back to your, "Am I there to have some drinks and have a good time and meet a nice lady? Yes. Will that happen? Hopefully..."

Will that happen?, doubtful, what you will find are many looking for a "sponsor", and they dont come cheap, you wont be spending your time shopping for cheap clothes at Pratunam market, more like Paragon, still if you have the funds to play the sugar daddy go ahead.

" I did meet an honest local girl the last time I was there, had fun, paid $0. Any suggestions on where to look for other women of this friendly nature?"

I dont know what you mean by, "friendly nature", do you mean free sex or a woman with a friendly nature?

Places such as RCA or Ratchada, all have such women, but these places may have prices beyond your means, thankfully these places are priced in such a way as to keep out the riff raff and farang CC's.

If you really want to try your luck, smarten yourself up and head down to the HSBC at lunchtime when all the office workers are on their break, you will find them dining in the various food outlets on the ground floor.

Cheap (for Waikiki) shoebox sized rooms on the landward side with no room service. With a good set of binoculars you can see Waikiki beach from the oceanside of the hotel.

Edited by InterestedObserver

I have a decent hotel in a lower soi area in the Sukhumvit area that offers a free continental breakfast, daily maid services, a pool and a spa (whether they are in working order, I know not), for less than $30/USD a day.

With all due respect to your references, I will either take the taxi to Soi 11 and save some cash and stay in my "trusted hotel" until someone with more insight and frugality can supply me with more input.

Thanks again for the reference, but being a cheap-skate, I'd rather take the tuk-tuk under the BTS than pay $50/USD per nite/day. If, in any way, I am out of line or need to be corrected, feel free to make those suggestions.

We love cheapskates, we have condos for rent, we had a guy stay wiuth us cheap as anything so cheap he had no health insurance, so cheap he didnt call us for help and lay on his condo foor for 5 days until we found him almost dead with food poisoning, leaving him with heart problems brain damage, poor eyesight.12 months in hospital.................but it did teach him a valubale lesson........................................ he saved all that money. and now refuses to pay for the drugs to help him with his problems.

The ones I like best are the ones who ring up and say ive got 20k a month to spend on a room , then as soon as the wife shows em a 20k room they start asking for it at 12k then they want everything in the room perfect.l

Edited by travelmann

Cheap (for Waikiki) shoebox sized rooms on the landward side with no room service. With a good set of binoculars you can see Waikiki beach from the oceanside of the hotel.

"Landward" side? "Oceanside" of the hotel? You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

We love cheapskates, we have condos for rent, we had a guy stay wiuth us cheap as anything so cheap he had no health insurance, so cheap he didnt call us for help and lay on his condo foor for 5 days until we found him almost dead with food poisoning, leaving him with heart problems brain damage, poor eyesight.12 months in hospital.................but it did teach him a valubale lesson........................................ he saved all that money. and now refuses to pay for the drugs to help him with his problems.

The ones I like best are the ones who ring up and say ive got 20k a month to spend on a room , then as soon as the wife shows em a 20k room they start asking for it at 12k then they want everything in the room perfect.l

Sounds like a real moron of a roommate. By considering myself a cheap-skate, I consider myself frugal with money. Frugal, mind you, not dumb. Dumb is paying $50/US per night when there are cheaper places (under $30/US per night) right around the corner. I could even consider Khao San Road, but I don't really feel the need to associate with the itinerant backpackers.

.....Dumb is paying $50/US per night when there are cheaper places (under $30/US per night) right around the corner.

It's not dumb at all. Many folks find that $50 per night is good value for what these serviced apartments provide. In hindsight it would have helped if you had stated your budget range/demographic in your initial post, and then you may have received more suitable responses.

Ooooh!!!! Oh, wait, Marky Mark! Oh, so sorry to ruffle your panties....I should have tried to avoid stepping on your sensitive toes by pre-loading information and describing myself, my religious beliefs, my politcal beliefs, my zodiac sign, my mother's birthday, the number of siblings I have, etc.

Dumb is paying $50/US per night in Thailand. Period. What "folks" you are referring to, keep them in la-la-land.

I am not exactly holding my breath for "more suitable responses." Money (especially Thai baht) is not the issue. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, I appreciate friendly, helpful advice from farangs in the know, not whiny, condescending, pedantic "local farangs" that seem to feel the need to "cry/whine/moan/bitch" about my simple, innocent inquiry.

Have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooooh!!!! Oh, wait, Marky Mark! Oh, so sorry to ruffle your panties....I should have tried to avoid stepping on your sensitive toes by pre-loading information and describing myself, my religious beliefs, my politcal beliefs, my zodiac sign, my mother's birthday, the number of siblings I have, etc.

Dumb is paying $50/US per night in Thailand. Period. What "folks" you are referring to, keep them in la-la-land.

I am not exactly holding my breath for "more suitable responses." Money (especially Thai baht) is not the issue. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, I appreciate friendly, helpful advice from farangs in the know, not whiny, condescending, pedantic "local farangs" that seem to feel the need to "cry/whine/moan/bitch" about my simple, innocent inquiry.

Have a nice day.

First you ask for help ... and then you insult half the members. What an a__.

Have a nice day.

First you ask for help ... and then you insult half the members. What an a__.

The only person I was being sarcastic with was Mark. In what ways did I insult "half the members"? Some have provided some good input, but at the end of the day, it still seems that I am better off at my hotel of approximately $30/US a day. If any one has any suggestions on a short-term, decent apartment (preferably one-bedroom) in the Sukhumvit area, I would appreciate it. My budget is open, but obviously I would like to spend less than the approximately $900/US for the month I will be at the hotel.

Anyone know of anything that fits my criteria between, say, $500/US to $700/US for a month's rent?

Please respond. Thanks, helpful forum members.