3Rd Visa Run To Measai - Will There Be A Problem

ok ..

checking it out for someone . since i go my yearly visa i totally forget about ho it work .

-------------------------

i know someone who had done 2 vira run to MAesai already which give him only 14 days each .

his visa is going to expiry in 2 days time - can he run a 3rd time .

he is expected to leave on 11th Nov . so if he can do a 3rd run he will get his flight in time to go back . to his country .

cos a extention only give him 7 days right which is still short of a few days .

-----------------------------------------

i recall some rule about not more then 3 time within 90days or is it not more then 2 time ?

Officially, there is no limit to the number of visas-on-arrival (15 days by land, 30 by air) one can do other than, of course, number of passport pages.

But, some border officials may try to tell you otherwise.

I came through Padang Besar from Malaysia on my third 15-day visa run last week (I'm doing these while waiting for my work permit paperwork -- delayed because of the flooding in Bangkok, but that's another story). The official on the Thai side told me I had too many stamps and hesitated. I explained why I was making these visa runs and he tapped some keys into the computer (this always makes me nervous) but finally gave me the entry stamp.

I believe they will still stamp you in as long as you explain clearly why you are doing back-to-back visas-on-arrival and keep smiling...

I do wonder what would happen should they deny one entry. You couldn't exactly go back to the country you just exited without a Thai entry stamp.

As stated above, should be a non-issue, but if your friend is worried. Tell him to bring a copy of his flight ticket for the 11th.

If he gets any questions from the immigration officers, he can just show the copy and let them know he’s going home in less than two weeks.