PM Yingluck Hopeful But Bangkok Governor Fears A Second Wave

webfact

"May I offer my sympathy to all parts of society, including people in Bangkok's suburbs [and adjacent areas] such as Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan and Ayutthaya," Yingluck said.

....and the band launches into ' Sometimes it's hard to be a woman'.

As a female I have to say at this point any lady soup stall vendor on the street would be better placed to organise a bit of actual help to 'society' than this princess drippy dope.

Really? If you were PM, what would you do? What actions would you take? Would you move people from flooded homes? There's only a few million affected by these floods, so apparently there's an easy solution. Where would you move them? Do you have a plan for making the water go away? How exactly would you keep everyone in the region happy and satisfied, given that some areas must be flooded and others won't be?

I could pose 100 more questions about what you would do or say....what is your master plan that would be any wiser than what YL has given us.

We live in the centre of Don Muang. The sois around us look more like the canals of Venice, than the roads I have come to know quite well, from many years of living here.

Our house is under about 6-8 inches of water and we will have to live upstairs for some time.

Our local member is that quite well known Red Shirt headkicker Karun - who has been amazingly silent.

Floods and other tragedies are not easy for authorities to deal with at any time.

But they all seem so wrapped up in their own grand importance, point scoring and face saving, they have no idea how to "help".

The community around us has been left to fend for themselves.

Thank goodness ordinary Thai people are very capable of doing for themselves.

This is nothing new for them.

The Red Shirts sold the lie, they are/were here to help the "common man" - meaning, for a period, there seemed to be some light for them and their voices might now be listened to.

However, that is another issue - this topic is about the floods.

The kindness and genuine help shown by Thai people is far more useful, than some PR visit by a PM who is totally out of her depth (pun intended).

So that's okay.

But what is not okay is what is happening in the "halls of power".

Yesterday, we heard some vague plans about "hand-outs" and "re-building".

Okay, that's in the future.

Right now we (those of us caught in the flood) need to know what is proposed to help us now, until the water recedes - if at all.

And, as it seems "official" help will be of the usual Thai Government variety - i.e. "we know what's best for you", and "don't you dare question my/our authority to say what is best".

Perhaps it's a godsend these leeches and incompetent "servants of the people" have left us all to fend for ourselves ??