No Radiation Contamination, Chemical Leak From Flooded Installations: Thailand

webfact

Do you have milk on your cornflakes in the morning ?.....if yes then you are ingested cesium 137 along with Potassium 40 and a few other radioactive isotopes...this morning...:whistling:

Perhaps you live in Vermont?

Cesium-137 has been found in American milkin Montpelier, Vermontfor the first time since the Japan nuclear disaster began…

The cesium-137 found in milk in Vermont is the first cesium detected in milk since the Fukushima-Daichi nuclear accident occurred last month. The sample contained 1.9 picoCuries per liter of cesium-137.

Please stop posting random sources from your google search....Cesium 137 has been detectable in milk all over the world since the 1950's...due to atomic testing, the key to this is not that Cesium 137 that has been detected but the amount detected.

anyway not going to debate someone whose only contribution to a dicussions is to post text from google searches

Edited by Soutpeel

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The finding was particularly surprising since there is no established biological mechanism that would explain how radiation exposure might cause heart disease. However, the research team stressed that its analysis could not rule out other factors that could explain the link, such as work-related stress or irregular shift patterns.

That was 2008, now its know that its due to the fact that heart cells replace themselves very slowly and are susceptible to radiation. "Stress" please ???

the most prevalant radiation related diease occuring in radiation worker is luekemia and that is scientifically proven.

It seems to be you post some random link or comment and when some proves you wrong, you do not debate but just post another random link.

Radiation can cause cancer AND now discovered, can cause heart disease. Not good then is it??

Radiation DOESs cause cancer and there is no scientific basis or definitive link that it causes heart disease....nothing has been discovered..

"The finding was particularly surprising since there is no established biological mechanism that would explain how radiation exposure might cause heart disease. However, the research team stressed that its analysis could not rule out other factors that could explain the link, such as work-related stress or irregular shift patterns.

That was 2008, now its know that its due to the fact that heart cells replace themselves very slowly and are susceptible to radiation. "Stress" please ???

the most prevalant radiation related diease occuring in radiation worker is luekemia and that is scientifically proven.

It seems to be you post some random link or comment and when some proves you wrong, you do not debate but just post another random link.

Radiation can cause cancer AND now discovered, can cause heart disease. Not good then is it??

But again, it's all about the doses. The amount you are exposed to. Other tigns that can cause heart 'disease' Stress, Eating, Genetics...

A car accident is also very bad for your heart, and you only need 1 for it to be fatal.

Excercise, can do it too.

If you are vague about exposures and just say it can kill you, I can write a list with "Everything" On it and it will be correct.

Killer zombie frogs from Andromeda...

The problem now is can any one believe anything that any of the so called experts say? Today safe, tomorrow frogs take over the world!

Radioactive killer zombie frogs from Andromeda on jet-ski's.

Wait!

The Phuket jetski operators have surrounded the killer zombie frogs from Andromeda

and are in the progress of beating them up.

Local police deny reports that local tuk-tuk operators were also involved ... :whistling:

Prof Yuri Bandashevsky carried out a great deal of research on the effects of the contamination of children in the territories of Belarus contaminated by the Chernobyl accident. He established that children with mean body burdens of upwards of 40Bq/kg Cs-137 suffered life-threatening cardiac problems including arrythmias, cardiac insufficiency (angina) and heart attacks (infarctions) which could result in death.

Bandashevsky’s contribution to the conference of the European Committee on Radiation risk in Lesvos, 2009, where he received the Edward Radford Memorial Prize for his important researches. Shows that cardiac arrhythmia anomalies measured by ECG appear in children at contamination levels above about 20Bq/kg.

Prof Yuri Bandashevsky carried out a great deal of research on the effects of the contamination of children in the territories of Belarus contaminated by the Chernobyl accident. He established that children with mean body burdens of upwards of 40Bq/kg Cs-137 suffered life-threatening cardiac problems including arrythmias, cardiac insufficiency (angina) and heart attacks (infarctions) which could result in death.

Bandashevsky's contribution to the conference of the European Committee on Radiation risk in Lesvos, 2009, where he received the Edward Radford Memorial Prize for his important researches. Shows that cardiac arrhythmia anomalies measured by ECG appear in children at contamination levels above about 20Bq/kg.

In your own word,s please explain what all this means.....your posting from google again....:whistling:

And this doesnt prove your assertion that radiation workers are more prone to heart disease because of radiation exposure....unless of course said radiation worker are children....:rolleyes:

And this doesnt prove your assertion that radiation workers are more prone to heart disease because of radiation exposure....unless of course said radiation worker are children....:rolleyes:

The Westlake Study showed that there is an apparent association between circulatory or heart disease and occupational radiation levels. The study found that the rate of the heart attacks and other conditions increased in line with the levels of radiation exposure. The nuclear workers who were exposed to higher levels of radiation were at greater risk.

Nuclear Workers Have More Heart Disease, Probably Caused by Low Dose Radiation

by Heidi Stevenson

21 November 2009

The BBC reports that workers in nuclear plants have increased levels of heart disease related to long term low dosage radiation, according to epidemiological studies.

A research team from Imperial College reported findings suggesting a possible reason. They suspect that monocytes are killed by radiation. These monocytes eliminate excess MCP-1 protein, which is believed to cause inflammation, which leads to cardiovascular disease.

Edited by Chopperboy

Do check out the Fukushima ThaiVisa website because its ALL there.

Thanks but I gather my information from credited scientists rather than forum posters.

I would suggest you would do the same. The closer you are to the source of information, the less it's colored by opinions.

maybe you ask your lobby buddies to come forward with plutonium figures. This substance can't be measured with Geiger counters.

I suggest some of the people running about in panic ask themselves 2 question; How is medical and industrial waste, particularly the byproducts of nuclear medicine and radioactive industrial material disposed of in Thailand? I suggest, you have more to worry about from the latter than you do from a research facility.

Anyone remember the saga of the hospital cobalt bomb irradiation unit that ended up in a scrap metal yard?

OP News "Located on the third floor of the Institute, 8.70 metres above the ground, the nuclear reactor is surrounded by a one-metre thick concrete wall in a 240 cubic metre pool which could resist water pressure as great as one to two tonnes, Ms Sirinat said."

Well lets see a 240 Cubic Meter Pool that can "resist" " 1 or 2 tons" of water pressure.. Kinda a wide reange there huh? a 100 % variance in tolerance?

And let me see here ... a 1mt X 1mt X 1mt or 1 cubic meter of water weighs in pretty doggone near one Metric ton..

OK, that's fine plenty of well documented safety margins and "Confidence building data" contained in That bit of news! I feel Sooooo much beter and am soooo much more informed now.

:rolleyes:

Nuclear Workers Have More Heart Disease, Probably Caused by Low Dose Radiation

by Heidi Stevenson

I just wonder if this is the same person. http://www.facebook.com/Heidi.Stevenson1

Work: Homeopath of Gaia Therapy at Self

That would explain why the small doses of radiation is so dangerous according to her. I suppose it's also needed to mix the radiation sources with water and shake the dish..

On more seriously side. Check the facts, check the people who are behind these statements and what are the driving forces behind these people.

There are plenty of manipulative people in the world. Every now and then these people can get their 15 minutes of fame.

I suggest some of the people running about in panic ask themselves 2 question; How is medical and industrial waste, particularly the byproducts of nuclear medicine and radioactive industrial material disposed of in Thailand? I suggest, you have more to worry about from the latter than you do from a research facility.

Anyone remember the saga of the hospital cobalt bomb irradiation unit that ended up in a scrap metal yard?

Sure do - Komol Sukosol still thriving afaik.

On more seriously side. Check the facts, check the people who are behind these statements and what are the driving forces behind these people.

There are plenty of manipulative people in the world. Every now and then these people can get their 15 minutes of fame.

Here's the BBC version if you prefer that. Either way its from research by Imperial College, London.

Low doses of radiation can cause cardiovascular disease, according to work carried out by mathematicians at Imperial College.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_8320000/newsid_8321200/8321286.stm

Edited by Chopperboy

Here's the BBC version if you prefer that. Either way its from research by Imperial College, London.

Low doses of radiation can cause cardiovascular disease, according to work carried out by mathematicians at Imperial College.

http://news.bbc.co.u...200/8321286.stm

That is definitely better source with names and also some methods.

As you could read. That was an mathematical theory, which still needs an validation done at the lab. After that these findings need to be validated by other, independent scientists. That's how the science is done.

So are there reliable information of follow up validations? I'm not interested enough of this specific matter to search it by myself. That's your work.

----------------------------------------------

Mechanism testableProfessor Steve Jones, of Westlakes Research Institute who formerly worked for British Nuclear Fuels (BNF) and who has published his own research on the links between radiation and circulatory disease in nuclear workers, said the results of the mathematical model were interesting: "As it is based very largely on mathematical modelling, its findings cannot be taken as definitive.

"However it does propose a plausible biological mechanism and, most importantly, a mechanism that is testable by experiment."

----------------------------------------------

Do check out the Fukushima ThaiVisa website because its ALL there.

Thanks but I gather my information from credited scientists rather than forum posters.

I would suggest you would do the same. The closer you are to the source of information, the less it's colored by opinions.

maybe you ask your lobby buddies to come forward with plutonium figures. This substance can't be measured with Geiger counters.

Are you trolling or just ventilating the steam out?

I am scientifically interested of the matter, not politically. The facts matter, nothing else. Science can also be wrong but it's the nature of science that it will be open to correct it's own thesis. This is happening all the time.

If you have knowledge of new kind of nuclear radiation, I do wish to hear more about that.

There is, of course, neutrinos which are extremely difficult to detect coming from the space but that also means that neutrinos do not interact so much with anything. Most of neutrinos just flow trough us and actually the whole globe as well.

Sure do - Komol Sukosol still thriving afaik.

Anyone not know what we are talking about see here http://www.blacksmithinstitute.org/projects/display/26

I believe a certain flamboyant lady forensic scientist featured in this story. If you look up the Canadian supplier the story get even more incredible.

I wonder why they need a nuclear reactor, is it for cooking mama noodles for the "scientists"? :unsure:

I would think that this is an medical reactor, which creates short lasting isotopes. These isotopes are used for diagnosis of internal tissues as well as treatment of some diseases.

http://en.wikipedia....uclear_medicine

http://www.world-nuc...info/inf55.html

• Nuclear medicine uses radiation to provide diagnostic information about the functioning of a person's specific organs, or to treat them. Diagnostic procedures are now routine.
  • Radiotherapy can be used to treat some medical conditions, especially cancer, using radiation to weaken or destroy particular targeted cells.
  • Tens of millions of nuclear medicine procedures are performed each year, and demand for radioisotopes is increasing rapidly.

Or it could be an study reactor, which is not uncommon and at least some places in the world run by universities.

Thanks for the very interesting facts, ... so its not for the noodles then? :ermm:

He never said it wasn't for the noodles. :-)

It's interesting that something that hasn't happened becomes an attention grabbing headline just by throwing in a few key "fear" words like "Chemical" and "Leak" and "Radiation". Is this how newspapers generate stories? Ask the government a question about an emotive subject even without supporting evidence then report the ensuing denial as a story.

It's interesting that something that hasn't happened becomes an attention grabbing headline just by throwing in a few key "fear" words like "Chemical" and "Leak" and "Radiation". Is this how newspapers generate stories? Ask the government a question about an emotive subject even without supporting evidence then report the ensuing denial as a story.

I saw it on the tele with a Govt official talking about it before it was reported by the newspapers.

1 to 2 tons? Or maybe 1 to 2 kgs? Guess working and they are playing with a miniature nuclear power plant!!! Only possible in Mai Pen Rai countries....That´s why they call it "Amazing Thailand" - the country that never stops surprising me...Better to live elsewhere for the sake of safety.

Edited by Yeppe

1 to 2 tons? Or maybe 1 to 2 kgs? Guess working and they are playing with a miniature nuclear power plant!!! Only possible in Mai Pen Rai countries....That´s why they call it "Amazing Thailand" - the country that never stops surprising me...Better to live elsewhere for the sake of safety.

Well, just hope the pressure limit is 1.5 tons with a tolerance of +/- 0.5 tons and not 1 ton with a tolerance of +/- 1 ton. :rolleyes:

Please share your source for this allegation.

...Located on the third floor of the Institute, 8.70 metres above the ground, the nuclear reactor is surrounded by a one-metre thick concrete wall in a 240 cubic metre pool which could resist water pressure as great as one to two tonnes, Ms Sirinat said....

Was surprised that the reactor is on the 3rd floor and not the ground floor. Usually the weight of the shielding, water for cooling and meter-thick concrete walls means they're placed on the ground floor.

Pic of the reactor from TINT's website:

21axzys.jpg

http://www.tint.or.th/en/trr1.html

...People tend to think that radiation is mystical and dangerous because we can not see it. Still every moment of our lives we get radiation from all kind of sources. From the space, from the ground, heck even from the wlan stations in our homes as well as inside our bodies.

Background radiation from rocks, cosmic rays etc is not comparable to when you ingest a radioactive particle and it comes into intimate contact with human cells in the body. The latter is far more dangerous and likely to lead to cancer.

The nuclear industry often likes to confuse the former with the latter in an attempt of downplay the dangers of what they do.

...People tend to think that radiation is mystical and dangerous because we can not see it. Still every moment of our lives we get radiation from all kind of sources. From the space, from the ground, heck even from the wlan stations in our homes as well as inside our bodies.

And Bananas !!! :( believe me

http://chemistry.about.com/b/2011/07/10/bananas-are-radioactive.htm

Potassium 40 (K-40) is a naturally occurring isotope of potassium that has been around for millions of years, certainly longer than man has been around. Humans are likely to have evolved biochemical pathways and other mechanisms to defend against its ingestion into the body.

These defence mechanisms wouldn't be present for the radioactive isotopes found in nuclear reactors because some of them are new and have never been made before, meaning human cytoplasm has never encountered them before. This makes them much more dangerous and not comparable to K-40.

Its all radiation....if you sit on the beach all day and get sunburned....that is in effect a radiation burn, sunburn can be dangerous as well to certain people.....:D

Sunburn due to UV rays and radioactivity/radiation are not the same.

Its all radiation....if you sit on the beach all day and get sunburned....that is in effect a radiation burn, sunburn can be dangerous as well to certain people.....:D

Sunburn due to UV rays and radioactivity/radiation are not the same.

UV is radiation, electromagnetic radiation....basic high school physic's....the term you should be referring to is ionising radiation, when referrring to "radioactivity"