Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Is Kanchanaburi The Best Place For Evacuee?

Sun920

1320346438[/url]' post='4819909']

Why not Chang Mai This is likely to go on for some time. Much more to do in Chang mai.

Get a flight to Chang Mai ASAP If you have not been give it a try.

Have to driving my car all the way. Chiang Mai definitely in my plan. But all the place I mentioned already partly flooded and 3 kids and wife is pregnant cannot sit in the car too long time (traffic jam). I just driving alone to see the road situation until U Thong, Suphanburi. All the way only Bang Pheao's road is going to cover by the water, after that all the way i driving, road condition is dry enough. Even Nakhon Pathom also, because west part of Nakhon Pathom is Flood Free. Need 3 hours driving (time include traffic jam on Bang Pheao) from Rama 2. The government also mentioned that they might block the way for go to North. Because of this, make me thinking is it the Kanchanaburi a shorter distance and safe for evacuate? Thanks for reply. laugh.gif

Why not Chang Mai This is likely to go on for some time. Much more to do in Chang mai.

Get a flight to Chang Mai ASAP If you have not been give it a try.

Have to driving my car all the way. Chiang Mai definitely in my plan. But all the place I mentioned already partly flooded and 3 kids and wife is pregnant cannot sit in the car too long time (traffic jam). I just driving alone to see the road situation until U Thong, Suphanburi. All the way only Bang Pheao's road is going to cover by the water, after that all the way i driving, road condition is dry enough. Even Nakhon Pathom also, because west part of Nakhon Pathom is Flood Free. Need 3 hours driving (time include traffic jam on Bang Pheao) from Rama 2. The government also mentioned that they might block the way for go to North. Because of this, make me thinking is it the Kanchanaburi a shorter distance and safe for evacuate? Thanks for reply. laugh.gif

Mate of mine had to evacuate from west side of Bangkok on wednesday. He made it to Kanchanaburi by car (4wd). All dry here for now!

Kan is a great place to stay. I have a house there and spend most of the cool season riding my bike on the excellent uncrowded tree lined roads. Wonderful scenery. Obviously the centre of Kan is rather crowded with tourists but just a few kilometres out of town and you are in the hills and fields. Best place in all Thailand imho. Sure there there are two big rivers which join together in Kan town but the run off from the north usually passes to the east and Nakon Pathom. All you have to do is get there, as I do. And with Phetkasem flooding that's a bit of a problem. Good luck!