skippybangkok

I have been using Skype for years and my experience is that its lousy. In fact the more they ignore their customers the more people will use alternatives. I hardly use Skype anymore as I just got fedup with the call drops.

I have a subscription with them for unlimited calling to Thailand; costs about £3.39 per month. I see they don't do it this cheap anymore. I was considering cancelling this, but I will never get it this cheap again. So will keep this until they put the price up. Can I say its getting more expensive?

Their Linux support is lousy (an ancient V2 beta), their Andriod versions are awful (I am still using a V1.3 as the later versions are resource hogs). Skype only really works on MS Windows, but as I see, its getting more bloated and buggy?

In many ways Skype is becoming only useful for chat.

Their enviroment is closed since they stopped access from Nimbus, etc.

The most frustrating thing about Skype is they don't care about their customers. Skype has been lousy since they got sold to Ebay; can't imagine it will improve with the MS purchase. Can I guess that Skype will become more Windows centric under MS ownership?

So for me the answer is sip. Long live sip!!!

Edited by MaiChai