Thai Language School

martijn12345

I know there is a language section with good schools, but the topic is 23 km long. Also I am looking for something specific in Chiang Mai, so I hope somebody here can help me out.

Because of work I will be home, here in Chiang Mai roughly 2 weeks per month. But some months maybe not at all, some months the whole month. Hard to predict on four hand when I have to leave again. I know there are many schools that teach 2 times per week, or every day or every weekend. But all that wouldn't work for me.

I know it's possible to get a private teacher, but I would prefer studying in a small group.

I've once taken a 3 week language course in Barcelona, where you basically could join per week and extend per week. Some people would stay a week, other a month, others a half year. It was all possible. Is there any school with such a flexibility in Chiang Mai?

Any recommendations or advise?

Edited by martijn12345

I'm a lazy student by nature. But I'm too competitive to be the fool of the class. I'm certain I will work more hard if there are other people. It's kind of hard to push myself to go and do this, I've been here for a few years and like so many, I kind of get by with my Thai. But it's a goal I've set for next year to finally get off my lazy ass and actually learn the language in a proper way... But in a way I lack motivation. So private lessons are not going to work as well, I fear.

I'm a lazy student by nature. But I'm too competitive to be the fool of the class. I'm certain I will work more hard if there are other people. It's kind of hard to push myself to go and do this, I've been here for a few years and like so many, I kind of get by with my Thai. But it's a goal I've set for next year to finally get off my lazy ass and actually learn the language in a proper way... But in a way I lack motivation. So private lessons are not going to work as well, I fear.

I too am lazy, so I think you should try my 'school'

Thai Language Centre, 131 Ratchadamnern Road, just past the Chedi Luang cross roads 053 277 810

They do individual classes, small group classes etc. Very friendly and will adapt to your schedule

Best of luck ( Chock dii!!)

I highly recommend Bret from Learn Thai from a White Guy (just google it)

Seriously.

He is farang, so he can cater lessons to each individual very well. I have had friends who speak much better Thai than people I know who have lived here for years....after just 4-5 lessons. And, he'll Skype the lesson if you're unable to be around Chiang Mai for a while.

The best part is that he really teaches you to read the language.

Hi. I think i might be able to help you with your situation.

I can recommend a language school in Chiang Mai called Pro Language.

I have been studying there myself for over 2 years and found it very good. I did try a few other schools and also private teachers. I really don't recommend a private teacher, as its so difficult to find a good reliable one.

Pro language has very good quality teaching materials and structured lessons. They also have many small groups, all at different levels. I think you will be more motivated in a group, rather than private. Although they also do private lessons too!

I have found them to be very flexible with the days and times for study and they will do their best to fit the lessons around you needs,.

They do a free trial lesson too, so i think its a good idea for you to go along and try it out and also discuss your situation with them.

I can say i am very very pleased with this school and my Thai speaking and reading are very good now. The lessons are enjoyable, which motivates me, as i am quite a lazy person lol.

Ok hope i have been some help to you. Good luck.