Truevisions Asn Network - All Us Sports Fans Please Help!

jsgatse

Thanks, just tuned it, works fine

If it makes anyone feel better to write an email to Truevisions, go ahead. You might as well send a copy to Elvis and Abraham Lincoln while you are at it, for all the good it will do.

True has absolutely no interest in airing NFL football, or American sports in general, they have proven this time and time again. This is the THIRD time that I remember they have dropped the NFL like a hot potato. Good riddance to True, I say, bring on the internet, 1 Sky, and any other competition - adapt or die.

FYI, for those of you tuning in the "Test Run" of ASN, there is a "Test Run" of Euro Sport in English now, all the settings are the same, use "218" and "318" instead of 206, 306.

• 8 months later...

FWIW, ASN is back on TrueVisions, Ch. 113. I have the Platinum package so not sure which level(s) are required. They are showing some playoff games from last year - with interspersed player comments which is pretty cool. They are also showing NFL Total Access with daily reports from training camps around the league. Also replaying Stanley Cup games.

• 2 weeks later...

I was very happy and excited when ASN first appeared on TrueVision. American Baseball and American football on the AllSportsNetwork ..... but that quickly died when it seemed all of the baseball games were Yankee games and all of the football games were Dallas games. Don't get me started on the commercials .... When the channel was taken off, I bought MLB.TV and it played very well on my 12Mbps ADSL True line. Then I bought the NFL Gamepass and by then I had changed to a 30Mbps TrueOnline cable connection. Now I can watch any game at any time and in Hi-Def about 80% of the time .... even at 30Mbps (hoping to get 3Mbps from the USA) still has problems. Don't miss ASN at all and when watching a recorded game (as I do most of the time) No commercials played over and over and over ... MLB.TV has `Commercial Breaks' screen savers that I fast-forward thru. Play MLB.TV from my PC, either of my 2 Roku boxes or my WDTV Hub or even the app on my Galaxy Note .... NFL Gamepass only from my computer w/HDMI running to my main TV downstairs, also have the Android app .... No longer have the True Platinum Package and don't need or miss ASN .... I have noticed that True Sports 3 is playing ASN content, even shows the ASN logo in the upper right of the screen .... I check in on the Yankee games now and then ....

wallyc

MLB games are on ESPN, Ch. 108 for the most part.

I just can't bring myself to watch that much MLB as the average game times have crept ever painfully higher, but I'll watch an inning or two on ESPN occasionally. I get TrueVisions Platinum HD for 800 baht/month - via a 4-way share - so that's reasonable for me.

I would like NFL GamePass, or one of the lesser products (Rewind, Condensed), but even then probably wouldn't watch that much. I'm not certain my True 10/1 DSL line would deliver good quality, but it certainly did for the YouTube/Olympics ( 480 and 720 usually ). The ~ four weekly games on ASN should be OK for me, esp. SNF/MMF and MNF/TMF. It is funny though, I return to the U.S. often, typically at least 3 times during the NFL season, and think nothing of watching ~ 8 hours of NFL on a Sunday! Family/friends have giant TVs, HD (obviously) and RedZone is pretty cool.

I wonder when, if ever, True will add ASN to their on-line schedule?

Edited by lomatopo