Inner Tubes

marstons

had a few blow outs latley, the inner tubes i get are about 150 baht hence poor quality, so 1 is it possible to get good quality tubes here as in michelin or dunlop. also i have been looking on the net to import some heavy duty ones but the size on my tire does not match what size the tubes are. so the tire says 70/90 16 but imports have size of 2.25 2.75 which dont equate to tire size. can heavy duty ones be purchased here, and what size tube equates to my tire size if from USA or Australia.

hope makes some sence

thanks for any info in pattaya area

Maybe the original tubes are of better quality? Normally when I have flat and the tube is unrepairable, the local shop charge me 70 Baht including the work. I guess it's not a original Honda tube but I have no complaints. You have to check the air pressure every now and then and not drive into every pothole you see (like my wife does). :)

I used to have this problem too. Every few weeks another puncture.

I bought 2 new standard tyres(1 was from some repair place around the corner and the other was from Honda) and havent had a problem for a year now.

If you're on one of these auto scooters then give it a go, they're very cheap and it's probably worth a try before you start importing stuff.

if your running spokes its a good idea to cut up an old tube and layer it against the spokes. When the tire pressure is low theres also a tendency to damage the air valve since it isnt locked tightly in place.