Materials Prices Going Up?

daveh

Before the flood, I was planning on helping with some drywall repair for my sister-in-law. Now that the flood has reached her house, I suspect I will help with a little more than that.

Does anyone have any idea how the prices for materials will change? Of course, they will go up, but by how much? Has anyone noticed any changes thus far?

Thanks.

Yeah, I sure have. Two weeks ago the local builders store had SCG architects molding (3 mtrs long) for 100 baht. Yesterday it had increased to 250. The lady double-checked the price and it had gone up 250%. She was embarrassed because I've spent a half-million baht at her store building my new house. She started looking for other sources for me.

I don't know if this was a random example but I'm dam_n glad I've got my house 99% finished...

Yeah, I sure have. Two weeks ago the local builders store had SCG architects molding (3 mtrs long) for 100 baht. Yesterday it had increased to 250. The lady double-checked the price and it had gone up 250%. She was embarrassed because I've spent a half-million baht at her store building my new house. She started looking for other sources for me.

I don't know if this was a random example but I'm dam_n glad I've got my house 99% finished...

Ouch! So much for the wife's request for molding in the kitchen. (sigh)

• 2 weeks later...

We just started building a house and most suppliers are telling the wife that prices are rising very rapidly. Not sure if this is a ruse to get a deposit down to fix the price or whether it is the real deal. Guess we will know soon.