Hualumphong To Chiang Mai

purushanti

Train:-----Any idea how i can book a ticket (like book one day, go the next?), Bangkok to Chieng Mai (preferably sleeper)?

Also how many suitcases can I take---2 ok? (too much baggage for plane). I am presuming I would have to keep them near me? And book by internet?

Bus:-----Concerned about Mor Chit Bus Terminal possibly changing location.

Someone have a phone number for Nok Air Bus Terminal? I know they drive to Isann, perhaps to the North also?

Concerned also about traveling alone, with some upset people carrying understandable grievances.

Thanks for any help you can give.

As far as the train ticket is concerned, when I was in Bangkok last year and wanted to get back to C.M. by train, there were no seats for 4 days. I had to wait 4 days to travel. It was around the time of a holiday -- just like now. You need to book a few days in advance especially if you want a sleeping compartment as they are in demand.

I never heard of Nok Air buses but they do not operate out of C.M. that I am aware of.

Edited by elektrified

Train: Either go to the station if you are in Bangkok now or pay the fee for one of the travel agents to do it for you. They'll put 150-200 B on top for a night sleeper 2 class air con but it makes it easy.

They'll call then and there and be able to tell you immediately what there is available and send a guy on a bike to collect your ticket.

There's a bit of space per seat for one bag , the other you'll have to take to bed with you . Shove it down by your feet in your bunk.

Booking online is usually fine when the sites up but as per my post it went nuts on me and I've paid for tickets I chose but ended up getting completely wrong ones for print out and THAT is what I'm booked on.

With the current situation clearly some things like electronic systems will screw up. I'd go for the travel agent option if I were you.

As for buses. Check as you go. 'Everything' is changeable for now and certainly a few weeks.

As for travelling alone: Unless you are in some way responsible for the floods I can't see anyone taking their angst out on you unless you do or say something crassly insensitive!

OK, I'll be the one to ask... this train is running?

and to above post also:

all on the BKK and Thailand travel forums- but TV has such an enormous diversity of subfora it gets confusing.

WHY cannot people THINK a little more and knowing about floods simply tell for about when?

For NOW- there are NO sleepertrains at all. ONLY 1 daytime sprinter=bus on rails runs, detour and adding even more to their already long time.

Bus: plenty of choice, not busy, just come up and take your pick, Unless you are the fearful TV parrot who thinks only 1 comp mentioned here too much is good.

IF MOchit is to move it will go to Swampy BUS terminal-which in fact should make it much easier for arrivals-but again thinking seems not an easy thing for panicking people.

I think I read in the BKK or News forum that the CM-BKK route actually starts and ends in Hua Hin for right now. Hualamphong was operating directly only to certain other routes. You're gonna have to search it out and/or speak with a reliable agent to figure it out n then make your purchase.