Kasikorn , Air Asia Payment Method .

I am in HK and I would like to use my Kasikorn bank account to pay for Air Asia ,domestic Thailand , air tickets . I have interrnetbanking but they are not a listed vendor . A while back my local branch bank manager told me that the ATM card I have is also a credit card . Could some knowledgable TV members please inform me how to do this if it is possible .

Thanks for reading this

Luke

If you have the online banking there is a link on your account to activate a virtual card, use that number for purchases and then close it again via online banking after use. (for security).

Thanks , I'll have a go at that .

I've used the Kasikorn "Virtual" web card to book AirAsia many times.

At first I was worried about being asked to produce the card at check-in (Its virtual and doesn't really exist in plastic form), but I have never had a problem even when booking flights for other people (Cardholder not flying).

To get the Kasikorn Web Card, you need apply at your branch.

Only problem I can see with this is that the original poster says he's in Hong Kong. Normally use of the virtual card causes an SMS to be sent to my phone with a code to be entered into the website where you are making your purchase. I'm not sure if setup of a virtual card automatically associates it with the phone number on your account (presumably a Thai number) or not? Or if you can enter additional (foreign) numbers? If the OP is in Hong Kong, he probably needs to put his Thai SIM card into his phone and be ready to receive an SMS on that number when he's doing the purchase online.

If you have a Kasikorn debit card you can now register to use online, this is hepful if you are booking airline tickets where the airline wants to see the card used, I suspect you will need a card with your name on it though.

You have to apply for this service using a Kasikorn ATM, so it will not help the OP.

The Shopping Card is the best option for Air Asia, but not for airlines that do not accept virtual card, you don't need to go into a branch, you can apply on-line.

Thanks for all the input .Here is my update . I don't have a Kasikorn Credit Card but I have a Debit Card . So far , I have not been able to register my -Debit Card - online , this is part of the process when applying for a -Shopping Card - this rules out Air Asia until I get back to Thailand and register the card . I can however pay bills with registered vendors and transfer money to other accounts . I have used a travel agent this time arround . 1-2 Call sim cards are roaming and recieve the SMS free so that has been handy . So if it is set up right before you travel the Kasikorn account and debit card can be a cost saver .

Happy travelling .

Luke

Only problem I can see with this is that the original poster says he's in Hong Kong. Normally use of the virtual card causes an SMS to be sent to my phone with a code to be entered into the website where you are making your purchase. I'm not sure if setup of a virtual card automatically associates it with the phone number on your account (presumably a Thai number) or not? Or if you can enter additional (foreign) numbers? If the OP is in Hong Kong, he probably needs to put his Thai SIM card into his phone and be ready to receive an SMS on that number when he's doing the purchase online.

There is no such requirement for the Virtual Web Card, sometime you are directed to "Verified by Visa" page to eneter your password but that's it. There is no SMS involved.

There is no such requirement for the Virtual Web Card, sometime you are directed to "Verified by Visa" page to eneter your password but that's it. There is no SMS involved.

Not true Satcommlee. I just reviewed my SMS messages. I bought a THAI Airways ticket two weeks ago on their website using my Kasikorn K-Web Card. During the purchase process K-Bank sent me an SMS with an OTP (One-Time Password) for secured online payment. I had to enter that code into the website to complete the purchase.

Not true Satcommlee. I just reviewed my SMS messages. I bought a THAI Airways ticket two weeks ago on their website using my Kasikorn K-Web Card. During the purchase process K-Bank sent me an SMS with an OTP (One-Time Password) for secured online payment. I had to enter that code into the website to complete the purchase.

Perhaps your situation is different so I wouldn't jump to conclusions on the truthfulness of others. I myself have a K-bank virtual web card and it always directs me to "Verified by Visa" page to enter another password. I use it from anywhere in the world to buy stuff by using my K-Bank account. I even bought an Air Asia ticket with it yesterday. No mobile phones or sms needed. Only trouble was Air Asia adds about 100THB to the cost of service for using this virtual credit/debit card payment. I hate it when budget airlines keep adding crap on to the price.

Perhaps your situation is different so I wouldn't jump to conclusions on the truthfulness of others . . .

You're out of line Mr. Banana. Agreed, my situation might be different than yours. And I may have jumped to conclusions about SMS's being sent in all cases. Apparently there must be more than one correct answer to this situation. I don't recall if there was some kind of option when originally setting up the K Web card as to getting OTP's or using Verified by Visa? But to claim that I am "jumping to conclusions on the truthfulness of others" is a stretch; that implies I was claiming Satcommlee lies repeatedly. He simply claimed "There is no such requirement for the Virtual Web Card" and "There is no SMS involved." Based on my recent experience, those two statements were false, and I made that point by stating they were not true. Don't try to infer that I was personalizing it about Satcommlee himself.

The banking systems used by "Thai" may differ to "Air Asia", the subject is "Air Asia"..

Do you believe fraud prevention methods are determined by the merchant, and not the bank the card account is with? I suppose it is possible, but seems to me the bank the card account is with would be in the best position to determine if it really is their customer using their card. If the merchant is determining what fraud prevention method to use (such as a One Time Password, Verified by Visa, etc.) it would mean customers would be needing to be set up with every competing method of verification out there to be sure they could use their card anywhere they want to. Not likely. Merchants AND Banks have a vested interest in approving and streamlining all the legitimate transactions they can.

As for the subject being Air Asia, it is also about using a K-Bank card, and as the logic above indicates, completing the transaction should be the same whether it is with THAI or with Thai Air Asia.