Chiang Mai Immigration - 3 Things At The Same Time?

Wentworth

I've submitted my extension for my marriage visa. They gave me a stamp to get the 'Golden Stamp' for another year, on 11 Dec 11. That's a Sunday, but the next day is a public holiday, so I guess I have to go on Tuesday 13th. I say this as I'm guessing I can't go on the previous Friday(9th). I'm planning to get a Re-entry permit for 'Justin'. My 90 Day Report is also due on 18th December. I normally do the 90 Day by post, but am I completely barking mad to think I can get all three in one day, especially after a bank holiday? Would I better to go for just the 'Golden Stamp' and Re-entry Permit? I don't fancy waiting all day when there's a likelihood that I won't get seen for all of them on that day and so I wondered if maybe I could drop the 90 Day stuff with the copies etc at reception to be acted on as done by Post?

Much better to go early. It might be a fairly long day, of course, which is the case quite often these days and certainly to be expected in your case, but quite doable. Take some reading material.

Edited by Mapguy

OP has already applied for extension, and being a day or two late to collect the stamp seems less of a problem, given the good-excuse of being a Sunday & a Public-Holiday.

Perhaps try the appointment-booking system, to get a slot early-on for the Tuesday, leaving plenty of time for the re-entry permit & 90-day report afterwards ?

Edited by Ricardo

The OP asked whether he should do his 90 day report on the same day.

Simple answer - if you can, yes. Unless there's a queue of over 30 people infront of you it would seem perfectly sensible to do so. You'd have to do the report after you've extended, but can do before or after the re-entry. Only way to know will be on the day. I was there two weeks ago for annual renewal and people were waiting hours for the 90 day report. Today I did my 90 day report, there were 3 staff doing 90 day reports, the old guy who always smiles had taken a back seat while the other guy put a young girl through some training. In and out in 5 minutes.

And agree with others, go on the Friday before to be safe.