Retired Officer Charged Thaksin With...

frodo

Retired officer charged Thaksin with lese majesty

Published on Nov 17 , 2005

A retired military officer Thursday filed a complaint with police charging that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra might have committed a lese majesty when he chaired a merit-making ceremony at the Temple of Emeral Buddha in April.

The temple is part of the Royal Palace and reserved only for Royally-sanctioned ceremonies, General Kittasak Rathprasert said.

"Thaksin and his deputy Wissanu Kreangam have tried to elevate themselves in a most inappropriate manner when conducting the religious ceremony on the ground reseved for the Royal Family," he said.

He called for a police investigation to determine whether Thaksin had sought and received the Royal approval for the ceremony.

He also named Wissanu as co-suspect.

A number of activists and anti-privatisation protesters showed up at the Ratchawang police station to lend support for Kittisak.

Source: Nation

Interesting that hardcore TRT supporters had earlier charged Sondhi with the same crime. If these allegations are true, I can only wonder if the same laws would apply to the PM as it would for others? Many of my Thai friends, including my s/o were not happy with the fact that someone pictured below didn't have the respect or decency to remove their shoes.

548000019095501.jpg

Edited by frodo

Steady on now, let's not forget where we are and where Toxin started his working life.

He called for a police investigation to determine whether Thaksin had sought and received the Royal approval for the ceremony.

Don't expect any rapid progress on the investigation.

There are more pictures at http://www.manager.co.th/Politics/Politics...n.asp?QAID=5600

Overall a pretty sensitive issue to comment upon. If you look at some of the historical pictures you get a sense of who keeps their shoes on, etc.

A bit more sensitive seems to be the issue of the location of the seating arrangements, directly in front of the E.B. :o

kenk3z

I think Thaksin is trying to elevate himself to royalty's level, in desperate search of even bigger face, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Funny....? I wonder if you aren't closer to the truth than you knew with your statement PhuketSiam?

I have often speculated what will happen when HM the King passes and this is my worst case scenario. I wonder if there will be a power struggle?

This is thin ice so I'll leave it at that.

I don't like him,

but I think this picture is a misunderstanding.

Nobody is "waiing" T, he is waiing in the same direction than the others, he even bend more than everybody else. There must be monks or members of the King's family in front of them.

He isn't acting like Napoleon, who crowned himself...

Patex