Govt-Military Divide On Flood Control Denied

Lite Beer

I cannot believe that Sir David Attenborough, the naturalist, who is totally apolitical would make this remark. Perhaps you have a pub mate with the same name that you are quoting ?

--- or are you intentionally altering the man's quote for your own purposes ? I am sure that Forum rules have something to say about false quotes !

You are indeed correct - My friend, an avid animal behaviorist and political analyst, said it. You notice that he does not carry the title "Sir". :whistling:

I'd really like to know more -- how do I Google this man ? How can I access his publications ?

Can you spell F A C E T I O U S ?

Yes I can spell FACETIOUS -- do you understand TONGUE IN CHEEK ?

There are Ministery of Interior, Royal Irrigation, Highway Department, Public Health and other government department personnel deployed. They are not all in marked vehicles or wearing uniforms or prominently posting signs, but they are deployed at 100% The military is the largest group of uniform personnel in Thailand. By its sheer size in numbers, their presence gives the impression that the military is over contributing. That is not the case.

I don't doubt for a minute that some of the usual cadre of middling officers stuck below the grade of general might be grumbling. They always do. The senior officer group isn't complaining as they are smart enough to see this as an opportunity to rehabilitate their public image. What goes unmentioned is that the military brass has been rather supportive in public of the PM and have not embarrassed her publicly or made any worrisome statements. It is not in their long term interest and more specifically, imho believe that the flooding is beyond any one person's control. I think this article is another example of a media group trying to stir up sh*t.

The improved military-government relationship has been noticeable. What some miss is that before the flood there was a lot of speculation the military wanted to "return to barracks", be left alone and stay out of politics beyond defending the Royal institution but there were obvious tensions between government and military. The flood may actually have given a route for this to have been achieved, and even lead to a lessening of some tensions. However, that would never be to the liking of the small but powerful group of anti-Thaksinistas who want coups and things like that.

Lets hope the government-military cooperation on flood measures does indeed show a return to democratic normality in terms of the roles of each

BMA bus services must be the worst in the world.

The army did a much better job at no cost.

Why can't the govt cancel BMA contract and let the Army run the buses instead. It is a win-win. Army got work (instead of just polishing booth), Thai people get better servive for FREE.