The Back Road Into Chaweng {Past Lake Views} Revamp..

I use this road daily,and have recently noticed the thais attempts at repairing it. .All good ,as it was an absolute deathtrap of a road,the surface is lethal even when travelling slowly,rain or shine...The pavement widening is a great safety measure too,as previously it was so dark....meaning that people that were forced to walk in the narrow rd ,stood a likely chance of being hit !.......Problem is, i see that they are only concrete patching some of the bad areas,the whole road really does need a re surface,they have done half of the job {typical}by putting in the new drains and pavement......Come on Surat council, spend some of that stored cash and finish it of properly...or it will end up like that lovely new tarmac road in between Irish times and 9 Karaoke.....collapsed.

Fully agreed. It was this road that mostly led to a complete rebuild of my jeep!

AND while we are at it can someone provide some roundabout lessons? It took the islanders years to understand what traffic lights were for - now the situation at the new roundabout at the end of the Lake Road is worse than it was before, when at least everyone knew who was supposed to stop and give way!

R

post-4665-0-66806500-1320786067_thumb.jp

Edited by robsamui

spend some of that stored cash and finish it of properly

and how will they pay for there bangkok Condo , Mai Nois and Mercs?

Not to mention what is brother / cousin (etc) with a road maintenance company supposed to do for work next year if he has done a proper job this year?

spend some of that stored cash and finish it of properly

and how will they pay for there bangkok Condo , Mai Nois and Mercs?

Not to mention what is brother / cousin (etc) with a road maintenance company supposed to do for work next year if he has done a proper job this year?

and at 400,000 THB a Sqm for repair work , it makes pure logical buiness sense

Oh they have missed a few m2 at the start, middle, the end, the middle of the start, the end of the start....etc

I was walking down the new foot paths they still have the drains open on the paths opposite the ice bar, you could fall down nearly 2m and injure yourself badly.

Well it s the way it goes, would be great if they tarmac'd the road!

well I know that the road from Bophut lights to the airport & big Buddha will have asphalt laid.

I suppose when work is finished on that road , it will be also asphalted.

Come on folks - At least things ARE improving. :D (Albeit slowly)

Agree, the roads are getting better than when I arrived here a few years ago. So thumbs up for that.

We tend not to notice the progress as we all live with it day in day out, and the drama of the works when they are on going. For people that visit here yearly I often hear comments on how things change every year for the better, so from a tourism point of view that has to be positive.

We moan about a lot of things here, it seems to be a Samui sport almost!!! At the end of the day I am still yet to have a speed camera ticket, speeding fine, being busted for being a couple of drinks over the limit and the list could go on...We all know the positives out weigh the negatives, even though a lot of people don't admit it!

Its a mad house here, not a Police state!!!

Enjoy the Sun and the Beer, let's all remember why we came here in the first place.blink.gif

Edited by Maipenrai007

Agree, the roads are getting better than when I arrived here a few years ago. So thumbs up for that.

We tend not to notice the progress as we all live with it day in day out, and the drama of the works when they are on going. For people that visit here yearly I often hear comments on how things change every year for the better, so from a tourism point of view that has to be positive.

We moan about a lot of things here, it seems to be a Samui sport almost!!! At the end of the day I am still yet to have a speed camera ticket, speeding fine, being busted for being a couple of drinks over the limit and the list could go on...We all know the positives out weigh the negatives, even though a lot of people don't admit it!

Enjoy the Sun and the Beer, let's all remember why we came here in the first place.blink.gif

Well said! I reckon if you made a list then there would be loads more negatives than positives - item-wise. (A bit like you can do with your . . .er . . .loved one.)

But then when you come to weigh-up the pros and cons, there are more negatives, but the sheer weight of the good things instantly tips the balance and makes it all well worth while. It's why we're all still here, after all!

R

Well said! I reckon if you made a list then there would be loads more negatives than positives - item-wise. (A bit like you can do with your . . .er . . .loved one.)

But then when you come to weigh-up the pros and cons, there are more negatives, but the sheer weight of the good things instantly tips the balance and makes it all well worth while. It's why we're all still here, after all!

R

I say don't blame it all on the Buffalo!

I am still yet to have a speed camera ticket, speeding fine, being busted for being a couple of drinks over the limit

and this is a posative to you ? , wait untill a friend or a member of your family is hit/killed by a speeding truck/taxi on samui or knocked of his/her bike by a drunk driver swerving all over the road and you might change your tune !

if there is one thing that would make samui better for people who live there and holiday there is better policing of the roads ! , as the island gets busier, the roads become more deadly, and with speeding and drunk drivers everywhere it is a case of not ' if ' but ' when ' you have a crash

Fully agreed. It was this road that mostly led to a complete rebuild of my jeep!

AND while we are at it can someone provide some roundabout lessons? It took the islanders years to understand what traffic lights were for - now the situation at the new roundabout at the end of the Lake Road is worse than it was before, when at least everyone knew who was supposed to stop and give way!

R

Oh yeah....i forgot to mention the amazing new roundabout,that cost about 2000 bht in a local blacksmiths to construct...pmsl, and.i loved the open manhole inside of it for 2 weeks,i... then noticed skid marks and a dented roundabout,leading into the hole....hope the victim was ok..!!!.....maybe they'll put a lollipop man/lady in it soon.!!.....At the end of the day,they are trying to improve things i suppose.