What Happened In Lk Last Night?

DavidOxon

Hi

just had a phone call warning from a friend about being extra vigilant in Loi Kroh road (Not that I go there much) after a fight last night between plain clothes Thai cops and green beret US service men in which the Cops pulled guns on the service men, who disarmed then and then beat them up, returning their guns afterwards....

Reprisals against farangs by the police are expected....

Anyone know if there's any truth in this or just someone pulling my leg?

thanks

David

Hi

just had a phone call warning from a friend about being extra vigilant in Loi Kroh road (Not that I go there much) after a fight last night between plain clothes Thai cops and green beret US service men in which the Cops pulled guns on the service men, who disarmed then and then beat them up, returning their guns afterwards....

thanks

David

Awesome!

Great story too, except I just got back from LK and it's business as usual.

Happy Loy Krathong. ;)

WTK.

Good story, but largely or entirely BS. "Green Beret" used to be the unofficial term used to describe U.S. Army Special Forces, but now they are usually called Army Rangers or Army Special Forces. I think that since 1980 the only beret colors allowed in the U.S military are black, maroon, and tan, so if there are actual U.S. Green Berets in Chiang Mai they're getting up there in years. Plus, in spite of the movie stereotypes, Special Forces are expected to be well behaved in public, and can get kicked out of the service for getting in trouble with the law in any country. I also think that if a dust-up like the one described had actually occurred we'd be hearing a lot about it. I could probably think of many other reasons to doubt the story if I put my mind to it.

It's much easier to believe the story is either total fiction, or some minor incident exaggerated to ridiculous proportions.

Hi

thanks

David

Awesome!

Great story too, except I just got back from LK and it's business as usual.

Happy Loy Krathong. ;)

WTK.

Tonight a Thai Bar owner on LK confirmed to me that last nigh there was a fightt between "Falang tua yai" and the Police.. and I think the latter lost..