webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been discussion of the effect of coming tides, so I'll re-post a spreadsheet that was posted on the old thread. This spreadsheet was downloaded from the Royal Thai Navy site and is for the river at their headquarters in Bangkok. The levels are above minimum water level, and if you subtract 1.1 M from these levels, you seem to get the above MSL number. What's interesting in this table is that there are some more high tides coming around the middle (13th) of the month that aren't quite as high as the last peak, but if this thing goes on there are some bigger tides toward the end of the month.

Downloaded from www.navy.mi.th/hydro/tide2011/HD2011H.xls

HD2011H.xls

I'm very pleased to report that the water levels on Klong 4, Nakhon Nayok have dropped considerably. You can actually see dry areas and small cars are passing through. Looking east and west from the area, it's looking better as well.

http://www.pantip.co...NE11312523.html

wow what great news. nice picture ,

Yes, it is. One thing I forgot to add from the link. It's in Thai but roughly translated it reads: "The Eastern-Outer Ring Road can be used, ordinary passenger cars can keep right to get down at Thunyaburi Toll Pay."

Krungthep Kreetha is now impassable for small cars. Went there in my Jazz, and it started to cough around Unico Golf Course, so I had to U-turn and go back towards Moo Baan Nakkila. After the small bridge around Unico Golf Course, towards Srinakarind, some pick-ups were even choking.

Some pics from this morning:

post-69761-0-90336200-1320895057_thumb.j

post-69761-0-40948200-1320895088_thumb.j

post-69761-0-92381200-1320895121_thumb.j

i have posted already this morning in the 9th nov threat as the 10th was not open till after posting. but some of this is very important , so i am posting again in the 10th nov thread

this morning on the way to work , number 9 going north closed at lam luk ka

post-37066-0-01436200-1320894639_thumb.j

khu bon closed ,water up to 1 meter

post-37066-0-66305100-1320894804_thumb.j

outside my school , somapa , 1 km north of fashion. fashion ok.

post-37066-0-76961200-1320894961_thumb.j

I'm very pleased to report that the water levels on Klong 4, Nakhon Nayok have dropped considerably. You can actually see dry areas and small cars are passing through. Looking east and west from the area, it's looking better as well.

Yes, it is. One thing I forgot to add from the link. It's in Thai but roughly translated it reads: "The Eastern-Outer Ring Road can be used, ordinary passenger cars can keep right to get down at Thunyaburi Toll Pay."

And it also raises a question; where did that water go or is it still going.....

Correct, same conclusion, Bangkok

I travel between Ayutthaya and Lat Krabang Industrial Estate.

Along highway #32 and #9 for a stretch of 35-40 km left and right of the highway

water as far as the eye can see (with and without glasses)

Not sure about the depth but usually highways are built somewhat 'higher' than surrounding farmland.... My guess is that it is minimally 25 cm deep and more at some points for sure....

As a sign of this people still LIVE on these mentioned highways with all their belongings including dogs and other problems that make travel dangerous.

It is not over yet.. for Bangkok :unsure:

Edited by jumbo

And it also raises a question; where did that water go or is it still going.....

Correct, same conclusion, Bangkok

I travel between Ayutthaya and Lat Krabang Industrial Estate.

Along highway #32 and #9 for a stretch of 35-40 km left and right of the highway

water as far as the eye can see (with and without glasses)

Not sure about the depth but usually highways are built somewhat 'higher' than surrounding farmland.... My guess is that it is minimally 25 cm deep and more at some points for sure....

As a sign of this people still LIVE on these mentioned highways with all their belongings including dogs and other problems that make travel dangerous.

It is not over yet.. for Bangkok :unsure:

A blogger has posted exactly what you are saying as well. Again, it is in Thai, but using Google translate a person should be able to get the gist of it. If I'm not mistaken this is the #9.

post-6428-0-14521200-1320895900_thumb.jp

Blog: http://www.oknation....1/11/09/entry-3

Good news indeed. However, water here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 is receding slowly 1 centimetre a day, still over metre deep in the soi (see attached snap taken outside our house 09.11.11.).

post-47903-0-27635600-1320896541_thumb.j

Does anyone have any idea if roads #340 from Bangkok to Bang Plaza Ma, then #329 to

Highway #32 are clear for driving with a pick up/SUV??

want to find an alternate route to Ayutthaya and bypassing the traffic jam on Highway #1 :jap:

Can we get some constant updates on the status or Rama 2 ? The published news is giving conflicting information. Anyone travelling along this road please post here:) I really have no confidence that they will open up any other suitable road. I'm in Ratchaburi and will need to travel back; was planning tomorrow but might need to be this evening. I have a sedan too so can't take too much flooding.

GM Link

post-120659-0-90163200-1320897441_thumb.

I looked through the earlier post and saw some mentions that Sunhumvit isn't flooded yet.

Can someone confirm that?

Is Sukhumvit still dry between Soi 4 and Soi Cowboi? (No, it's not about going to the bars)

Is the road from Swampi to Sukhumvit still passable by car?

Are the Banks and businesses near above mentioned Sukhumvit Sois still open? In particular Kosikorn bank near BTS Nana?

Would appreciate a quick and simple reply to my questions. I could probably find all the answers myself here, but I am currently offshore and with my internet speed here, it would take me days to finish searching.

Thanks!

Can we get some constant updates on the status or Rama 2 ? The published news is giving conflicting information. Anyone travelling along this road please post here:) I really have no confidence that they will open up any other suitable road. I'm in Ratchaburi and will need to travel back; was planning tomorrow but might need to be this evening. I have a sedan too so can't take too much flooding.

I just talked to a friend a few minutes ago who was coming in on Rama 2 from Mahachai. He was at the Kanchanaphisek intersection turning south to head toward the river when I talked to him and he said Rama 2 was dry all the way.

Good news indeed. However, water here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 is receding slowly 1 centimetre a day, still over metre deep in the soi (see attached snap taken outside our house 09.11.11.).

concidering the evaporation of water is between 2 a 3 cm a day actualy there is more water coming in then going out

I looked through the earlier post and saw some mentions that Sunhumvit isn't flooded yet.

Is Sukhumvit still dry between Soi 4 and Soi Cowboi? (No, it's not about going to the bars)

Are the Banks and businesses near above mentioned Sukhumvit Sois still open? In particular Kosikorn bank near BTS Nana?

Would appreciate a quick and simple reply to my questions. I could probably find all the answers myself here, but I am currently offshore and with my internet speed here, it would take me days to finish searching.

Thanks!

Sukhumvit all dry. Road to airport dry. Some traffic problems at peak times caused by all the cars parked on the elevated roads.

Just heard from one of our neighbours in Ram Inthra soi 69 that the water has gone down slightly today.

Mouth of the soi still mid shins, but further in, ankle depth.

However, Khu Bon Rd(Ram Inthra soi 71), still deep, but the large songtheaws and Army trucks running.

Apparently Khu Bon Soi 27 still has deep water. If scott1999 says 1 meter at Wat Khu Bon, then Khu Bon 27 should be similar.

This is puzzling. If it is going down in RI soi 69, then it should be going down in Khu Bon as well since the khlongs are connected.

Thanks!

sukhumvit is still dry no problem for go by car from swampi kasikorn bts nana is open some business are operating at lower level because many employe are stuck or operating in flooded area.

I just talked to a friend a few minutes ago who was coming in on Rama 2 from Mahachai. He was at the Kanchanaphisek intersection turning south to head toward the river when I talked to him and he said Rama 2 was dry all the way.

Ok thanks, not sure if I should travel tonite or tomorrow morning will still be safe

GM Link A 'Supalai Buri Village, Rangsit Klong 4, Pathumthani' got a lot of Press/YouTube in October. Would that be you (just to the west of my Khlong Si posit)?

post-120659-0-62983600-1320899227_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Just heard from one of our neighbours in Ram Inthra soi 69 that the water has gone down slightly today.

Mouth of the soi still mid shins, but further in, ankle depth.

However, Khu Bon Rd(Ram Inthra soi 71), still deep, but the large songtheaws and Army trucks running.

Apparently Khu Bon Soi 27 still has deep water. If scott1999 says 1 meter at Wat Khu Bon, then Khu Bon 27 should be similar.

This is puzzling. If it is going down in RI soi 69, then it should be going down in Khu Bon as well since the khlongs are connected.

think this is a matter of elevation differents the water in the klongs would be nearly same level but the water in the soi could be different cause the water from the higher soi flood to the lower soi meaning in first 1 get lower and in the last one get same or even higher water levels.

Ok thanks, not sure if I should travel tonite or tomorrow morning will still be safe

That's anybody's guess. I just saw a channel 3 report that showed the main road was dry, but there was some water in the area. Dr. Seri in last night's PBS broadcast advised not to plan past today, but things seem to be progressing pretty slowly in that area.

Rama 2 road is dry ALL the way now.

However, small patches seen not too far from the road like in Tesco Lotus Rama 2. But the elvation is way way below the Rama 2 road.

No worries for today. But not sure if it will survive the weekend when BKK residents goes to Hua Hin for weekend holiday in their 2nd homes.

Saphan Khwai

11:00 10-11-11

Water level north of Klong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd is down 10cm or possibly slightly more on daytime levels from yesterday.

All vehicles are now able to go northbound on Phaholyothin Rd to Kamphaeng Phet junction.

In the southbound lanes small cars can negotiate the U-turn just north of Klong Bang Sue with care.

Phaholyothin Rd south of Klong Bang Sue does not have any water including the Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS areas. There is one manhole still leaking water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

I see there was rain in Ayuttaya earlier - I can confirm that we have rain in Chaenwattana near the Klong Prapa. Not light and not a downpour yet.

We don't need more water to be added to the equation now - I must admit I thought we'd got away lightly over the past 2-3 weeks on that front.