Visa Run To Penang

Hi all I have a friend who I told I would travel with to get her Visa Stamp for her second entry. I'll be on a 60 day single, but will have only been in the kingdom for about 3 weeks when we go.

If I go into Malaysia will I lose the 5 weeks that's left on my Visa? Sounds like yes.

How long will it take her to cross and cross back? I've read different things.

I'm thinking that I should stay in LOS, let her cross and just wait for her to get back over.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

She should not have to go to Penang for a second entry stamp so assume you are just talking about a border crossing, right?

If you take taxi the crossing/return should be done in about 5 minutes at Sadao but would take another 5-10 minutes if she has to walk between border posts (there is a covered sidewalk between posts). Not long in any case. Never done at Padang so can't answer if you use that crossing.

if you have a multiple entry visa with several tourist visas registered on it, then, all you need to do to activate the next tourist visa is to do a border run. you don't need to go to penang again.

the shortest border run from bangkok is to aranjapratet. about 9 hours roundtrip by bus. the bus ticket costs about 298 baht.

I'm going to penang in a few days to get another multiple entry visa with 3 tourist visas registered on it. to get a multiple entry visa, you need to go to a thai embassy/consulate outside thailand.

if you leave thailand before the expiration date of the tourist visa, you lose the remaining time left on it.

be warned that the expiration date of a multiple entry visa is separate from the expiration date of any of the tourist visas registered on that multiple entry visa. if you don't use up all the tourist visas registered on the multiple entry visa before the expiration date of the multiple entry visa, all the remaining tourist visas registered on the ME visa become invalid.

the ME visa (multiple entry visa) is only valid for 6 months.

if you have a multiple entry visa on you, review it, and you will understand what I am talking about. otherwise, it will be confusing to understand.

I'll be on a 60 day single, but will have only been in the kingdom for about 3 weeks when we go.
if you have a single entry visa then you will need to get a re entry permit <1000 baht, single entry> to leave Thailand and come back in on the same visa.
If I go into Malaysia will I lose the 5 weeks that's left on my Visa? Sounds like yes.

yes, if you leave and then re enter Thailand without a re entry stamp you will lose your current visa and be stamped with a 30 day entry only.

stay on the Thailand border and just wait for her