Is It Possible To Exchange Coin Currency For Thai Baht?

In Bangkok I have used various places on Soi Charan Sanit Wong. One of the smaller outfits. They bought several hundred dollars worth of my loose US dimes and quarters. Why is this so hard to believe?

let's put this in context with the opening poster who "just arrived, cashed all his chips, wants to change foreign coins to buy groceries and such..."

assuming those "several hundred dollars" were "threehundred" and assuming that half of it was in quarters and half in dimes. that would mean the OP arrived in Thailand with coins weighing 15 (FIFTEEN) pounds (6.8kg) of coins. if somebody wants to change foreign coins in Thailand to buy groceries he does either not have credit cards or that they are maxed out. so it is only fair to assume that he does not fly first or business but economy with a luggage weight limit of 20kg but carries one third of the weight in coins?

oh... i see! you are not the opening poster Sir? and you did not change your coins to buy "groceries and such"? the why does a poor little coin collecting boy like you jump into the discussion with insults such as

printaxa, on 2011-11-10 20:25:17, said:

We've got a bunch of sanctimonious dickwads up in here. Just ignore them. I have changed coins for money in the currency exchange all over SE Asia. These idiots don't know what's up. And don't tell me this place isn't full of ill mannered cretin sexpats.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury... i ask "who is here a big-mouthed crétin?"

In Bangkok I have used various places on Soi Charan Sanit Wong. One of the smaller outfits. They bought several hundred dollars worth of my loose US dimes and quarters. Why is this so hard to believe?

let's put this in context with the opening poster who "just arrived, cashed all his chips, wants to change foreign coins to buy groceries and such..."

assuming those "several hundred dollars" were "threehundred" and assuming that half of it was in quarters and half in dimes. that would mean the OP arrived in Thailand with coins weighing 15 (FIFTEEN) pounds (6.8kg) of coins. if somebody wants to change foreign coins in Thailand to buy groceries he does either not have credit cards or that they are maxed out. so it is only fair to assume that he does not fly first or business but economy with a luggage weight limit of 20kg but carries one third of the weight in coins?

oh... i see! you are not the opening poster Sir? and you did not change your coins to buy "groceries and such"? the why does a poor little coin collecting boy like you jump into the discussion with insults such as

printaxa, on 2011-11-10 20:25:17, said:

We've got a bunch of sanctimonious dickwads up in here. Just ignore them. I have changed coins for money in the currency exchange all over SE Asia. These idiots don't know what's up. And don't tell me this place isn't full of ill mannered cretin sexpats.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury... i ask "who is here a big-mouthed crétin?"

Naam, I think we need to take it easy on Printaxa.. after all he's only got a few posts and his willingness to wade into a topic concerning currency exchange with his tirade of insults and accusations that we all have having paid for oral sex with coins clearly show that he is waiting at the sidelines for posts such as the OP's to come in and clearly add value .

Actually I have to chuckle.. the OP's query was obviously an eyebrow raiser however Printaxa's response such that it was clearly designated him the award of "<deleted> of this thread"

In fact i think Printaxa's strategy here was to take the heat off the OP by making himself the fall guy. Well done Printaxa.. an auspicious start indeed.

with his tirade of insults and accusations that we all have having paid for oral sex with coins clearly show that he is waiting at the sidelines for posts such as the OP's to come in and clearly add value.

i missed that part Monty. but how did he know that i always pay for oral sex with coins? :o

Edited by Naam

with his tirade of insults and accusations that we all have having paid for oral sex with coins clearly show that he is waiting at the sidelines for posts such as the OP's to come in and clearly add value.

i missed that part Monty. but how did he know that i always pay for oral sex with coins? :o

Doesnt everyone ??? According to his post most all of us sex cretins do that so i suppose he just made the assumption . I just hate counting out the 1 Baht coins.. takes so long and you lose the desire... of course better in Thailand.. try this in Indonesia and you will be there all night.

Naam, I think we should set up a little stall at nana right at the entrance, sell bags of pre-counted coins 1000B in total but charge around 1200B ..... should be a winner.

OP drop by and we will donate a bag of coins for the groceries

Printaxa.. you can come in on this too.. seeing your the tree of knowledge re foreign exchange of coinage you can head up the forex desk.