2012 Chevy Trailblazer

The monster ECU is set whilst driving via a computer, to suit individuals driving.

Not sure of the torque or power output as i've never had it on a rolling road, but what i can say is, it made a big diffrence to acceleration.

I timed the 0-100 kph to just under 8 seconds, which for a 1 ton tank is pretty good, as least i think so!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Any clue about the price?

Pricing and packaging is still under wraps.. It's not even certain we'll get pricing info during the official launch either...

Should the vehicle be available for booking at the Motor Show, and prices available? Might check it out...

Hi All.

Who is making /supplying the engines fo the new Trailblazer.?

phupaman

GM

Yep, they're VM Motori designs, made by GM in Thailand.

Yes, they are Italian diesels, 2.8 liter, made in the Rayong plant. Same engine as the Colorado. The final production version is very similar to what is in those photos, but not quite so aggressive looking, obviously, without those tires and wheels. The trim is a little less "flashy" also. The interior is identical to the Colorado. Actually, the whole truck looks identical in the front. The design is locked in now. Size wise, similar to the Fortuner. Enough engine power to smoke the tires on the testing track between the assembly plant and the engine plant.

They have been building the engines for a little over a year now. State of the art facility there, but a little too dam_n cold for me. Cleanest factory I have ever been in in Thailand, including health care manufacturers. In the last 3 weeks they have really increased production, running 24 hours a day, and adding a third shift next month to ramp up for new equipment being installed now that will increase production capacity by about 100% near September/October. Thailand will begin supplying about 90% of the engines in India and Australia. They are hiring production staff by the truck load right now, with new workers daily.

Hopefully the release of the trailblazer will encourage ford to spill some beans on the everest, especially if the designs and everything is done. would love to know what design cues from the explorer carried over or if it retains its ranger esk looks....the explorer had quite nice front lights id like to see a ppv that diverges aesthetically from its truck base up front as well as back if only slightly

Edited by caphant

Yesterday I've visited the Chevrolet showroom in Suratthani, asking about the date of exit of the Trailblazer and some more info. 3/4 salespeople around us start to say, shaking both the hands maimeee maineee!

I try politely to explain that I know already and just to try to get some more info, estimated price, if I leave my business card because I am really interested to buy the SUV: mai meeeeee mai meeeeee!

Only one girl was on the side of this show. I saw her and I try to have a chat with her. She was more clever and answer to all the questions I had. They officially present the car at the next Auto Show (in April?) and the price will start from 1.1 million (?!). Left a card and I'll get mor info ASAP.

• Like 1

Yesterday I've visited the Chevrolet showroom in Suratthani, asking about the date of exit of the Trailblazer and some more info. 3/4 salespeople around us start to say, shaking both the hands maimeee maineee!

I try politely to explain that I know already and just to try to get some more info, estimated price, if I leave my business card because I am really interested to buy the SUV: mai meeeeee mai meeeeee!

Only one girl was on the side of this show. I saw her and I try to have a chat with her. She was more clever and answer to all the questions I had. They officially present the car at the next Auto Show (in April?) and the price will start from 1.1 million (?!). Left a card and I'll get mor info ASAP.

Nice going Angiud!! clap2.gif

If the 1.1 million price is an 'in-the-ballpark' starting price, then it's looking to be good! But I am wondering how the pricing relationship between the Trailblazer and the Captiva will go head-to-head.

Much more likely a price range around 1 and half million up sad.png

But at my question why so cheap the dealer said: It's the launch price.

That would be brillant marketing strategy and an, as-of-now, good-looking consumers buy!

Now to wait and see how long it will be before the first buyers can take delivery!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the chevrolet website and there you can see more info now from the new trailblazer.

Now they offer some promotions on the bkk motorshow they say. Can anybody who goes to the motorshow this week ask for me what are these promotions? Im planning to buy one, but need to know if its worth to go to the bkk motorshow for it otherwise i will order one at my dealer!

Edited by NieTan

I was a few days back at Chevrolet Krabi and a much more informed guy gave me a few papers and more infos about the New Trailblazer. I didn't book because at the moment they don't give any freebie (as insurance, accessories, discount etc). The car will be in the showroom since June and a 2/3 months delivery is expected. No double TV screen (as in Dubai Motor Show), only 2 airbags, no multifunction LCD screen (only with the navigator in the LTZ1) Surprice, the prices are not so crazy as somebody could expect:

Trailblazer 2.5 LT 2WD MT 1,059,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LT 2WD AT 1.249.000

Trailblazer 2.8 LT 4WD AT 1,299,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4WD AT 1,389,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 4WD AT 1,489,000

(note, the LTZ1 has GPS/navigator console and 18" wheels)

All the models have 2 airbags only, 4 discs and independent suspension. 2.9% (!) interest on the finance

I'll wait for the launch promotions, hoping in better offers wai.gif

• Like 1

I was a few days back at Chevrolet Krabi and a much more informed guy gave me a few papers and more infos about the New Trailblazer. I didn't book because at the moment they don't give any freebie (as insurance, accessories, discount etc). The car will be in the showroom since June and a 2/3 months delivery is expected. No double TV screen (as in Dubai Motor Show), only 2 airbags, no multifunction LCD screen (only with the navigator in the LTZ1) Surprice, the prices are not so crazy as somebody could expect:

Trailblazer 2.5 LT 2WD MT 1,059,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LT 2WD AT 1.249.000

Trailblazer 2.8 LT 4WD AT 1,299,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4WD AT 1,389,000

Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 4WD AT 1,489,000

(note, the LTZ1 has GPS/navigator console and 18" wheels)

All the models have 2 airbags only, 4 discs and independent suspension. 2.9% (!) interest on the finance

I'll wait for the launch promotions, hoping in better offers wai.gif

The addition of 4 discs and independent suspension is surely a step forward but by not including a double TV screen, and a multifunction LCD screen only on the Top Model is definitely a TIT step backward.

Maybe its 2014 next-generation to-be-released Isuzu (MU-7) cousin will pickup on the amenities where the Trailblazer seems to have left off......

Edited by luwahn

• 1 month later...

The Rear Disc brakes on the Trailblazer are a welcome advance for Thai PPV's. I have seen references to independent rear suspension here and in the media reports. However a chassis picture in the Chev web site brochure and some of the PR pics from the rear look like a normal live rear axle. It hard to tell from these pics and I don't have a reliable translation of the brochure specs so it will be interesting to see if the trailblazer has a true independent rear suspension or a multi link coil sprung live axle like the PJS and Fortuner. Has any one seen the Trailblazer rear suspension first hand?

• 4 weeks later...

This Sunday I'll go at Chevrolet Krabi to try the Trailblazer and, if satisfied, to book it.

I'll inform you all about my feelings. wink.png

Hey Angiud,

Anxiously awaiting your personal take on the Trailblazer. Will you also make sure to note the comparisons of: (1) The overall 'roominess' of the interior space, (2) The amount of cargo space - the area behind the 3rd seat, with the 3 row seat configuration and (3) The 'quality' of the seats......

I'm feeling conflicted on the possibility of losing a (MU-7) cause-celeb wink.png, with you, being the first outspoken MU-7 backer that I have followed since your earliest postings plus now that I just got my own Mu-7 (after a 4 month wait) and added the brake, shock, wheel and tire upgrades that Unique2 did........but I'm sure you'll at least always be a MU-7 advocate in your heart.....

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling.

Ok, I tried the Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 Sunday at Krabi. I'm not a car nerd or a supertechexpert, just my feeling was good, good braking, sweet drive and fast response, enough power (for my needs). I'm not a fan of the automatic gear but I have to say is smooth and the option to change gears alone via the Driver Shift Control is cool. The driver seat is electric controlled 3 ways, there is a climate control separate front/rear, a navigator unit with a 6" screen and several steering controls. The leather upholstery is of better quality of that on the MU7, interior room look to me almost the same of the MU7 with the further chance to completely put down also the second seats row and get an almost flat luggage van. A small and not so nice style instrumental panel, but a lot of gadgets and controls, as the cruising control etc.

Only 2 airbags, but for discs and 5 links rear suspension system.

I've found this document on the web that could be of interest: 2012 - Trailblazer Full_EN.doc

And after a long bargain (almost no freebies, no discount and 2.9% of interest) I booked mine (red LTZ1 delivery in September):

post-58494-0-23952700-1340887128_thumb.j

• Like 1