Inner Bangkok Will Not Be Submerged

webfact

Off topic posts have been removed, lets get back on topic: Inner Bangkok Will Not Be Submerged.

Good Idea, the topic suggests it could be knee deep==it could be 2 meters deep==submerged I thought meant -totally under water (everything)...whoever put this headline in was covering for all possibilities

I have an Idea reading between the lines,it will be deep but not that deep.B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know Switzerland was an experienced country regarding flood management. Doesn't have a coastline and is mountainous. They should stick to corrupt and secretive banking, watches and chocolate. I'd much rather the Dutch be advising on Bangkok flood control.

I do agree with the above comment 100%, i know it requires a sense of logic to understand

On a lighter note i had a bizarre conversation with the manager of the Loei Palace hotel Loei (Amari) this morning who told me that the water in Bangkok was not coming from the northern run off but from underground. I found a reply difficult.

Edited by yumidesign

I didn't know Switzerland was an experienced country regarding flood management. Doesn't have a coastline and is mountainous. They should stick to corrupt and secretive banking, watches and chocolate. I'd much rather the Dutch be advising on Bangkok flood control.

You forget the Rhine (Switzerland, France, Germany, Netherlands). Rain and abruptly melting snow created several times already a situation comparable to Thailand.

Since the creation of overflow areas and a system of small dams under international coordination the Rhine is nearly domesticated.

I don't know how they make these predictions. And anyways, look at all they have gotten wrong so far...sure, it might not flood, but it also might flood...they need to stop pretending that they know what is going to happen and admit that they are all incompetent.

I have one prediction in mind!

The flood will have no effect on tourism!!!

I do agree with the above comment 100%, i know it requires a sense of logic to understand

On a lighter note i had a bizarre conversation with the manager of the Loei Palace hotel Loei (Amari) this morning who told me that the water in Bangkok was not coming from the northern run off but from underground. I found a reply difficult.

He sounds like a good candidate for Minister of Irrigation in this current Govt.

First a thought to the people in water... Hope it will get over asap

Whaow, you a smart open minded person ! Read this http://www.swissinfo...ml?cid=31341826

and then ever heard of EPFL and EPFZ (that's french abreviation but you are so smart that i don't even doubt you can speak French). They must be in the top 50 scientist universities in the world. These people know how to think.

Let me guess, you're american !

Well, now we have it, the Thai Government can blame the Swiss. If the water does come and goes 1 cm over 30 cm then it will be the fault of the Swiss experts. I feel the Swiss Ambassador would have been better staying well out of what is a highly charged political situation as well as everything else, and perhaps should just concentrate on smiling herself and handing out Ferrero Rocher.

Could be right... or not.... Swiss and thai have good relationship since 2nd world war, when the King and the Queen were in university in Lausanne.

Coming back on the subject, not knowing what is going to happen is hard for people. Having as many advise as possible (even when conflicting) is imo a good point, wherever these prediction come from, thai, swiss, dutch... It's not time to have nationalist wars. Let's work together to get the situation at it's best, when over can start again nationalism !

Sorry for some spelling mistakes, but when i see how some native english write and that english is my fifth language i don't give a pumking (say it in thai)

I dono.. you know when I listen to the Swiss talking they all sound like Einsteins but when the Dutch talk they all sound like tulip farmers or brothel owners so I would rather listen to the Swiss, they always sound so believable, even when they are bullshitting.:lol:

I think the Swiss may be very good technically speaking. But the chaos and unpredictability of Thailand, political and otherwise, will drive them crazy.

The Dutch, on the other hand, will probably go nuts a bit more slowly than the Swiss. :w00t:

My Prediction: As soon as this flood business is over, the price of sandbags is going to drop. All sizes and colors will be available.

I ad one: rubberboots! Will take a bad tumble! Don't invest!

Or wy not buy them (sandbags and rubberboots) and stockpile to the next flood, would make a good profit!

My Prediction: As soon as this flood business is over, the price of sandbags is going to drop. All sizes and colors will be available.

I ad one: rubberboots! Will take a bad tumble! Don't invest!

I'm just hoping that the beer supply gets back to normal.

OH LORD, YES PLEASE! I had to drink Chang EXPORT and St. Miguel light...what has the world been coming to!?

:bah: