Jpg Problems With Hotmail?

mike100

A bit of a strange one this, and wonder if any members have had the same problem.

Whenever I receive JPG attachments in hotmail, they come up on screen as normal, but after saving them to my hard disk as their original JPG format, they seem to disappear in my thumbnail picture browser.

If I go to the actual folder saved, the attachments are there, but will not open.

This has been happening for a few weeks now, and I do not have any problems if JPG’s are sent to my yahoo account.

I have just done some tests sending myself JPG’s and found that if I saved them as BMP’s they are fine, but of course converted to a much lager size.

Have emailed hotmail about this weeks ago, but no answer as yet.

I am using IE V6 and ACDSee as my picture browser.

Cheers,

Mike.

Guest DragonStar
Whenever I receive JPG attachments in hotmail, they come up on screen as normal, but after saving them to my hard disk as their original JPG format, they seem to disappear in my thumbnail picture browser.

If I go to the actual folder saved, the attachments are there, but will not open.

This has been happening for a few weeks now, and I do not have any problems if JPG’s are sent to my yahoo account.

I think, that your problem is owed to Hotmails general problem of being out-aged - probably coupled with untested attempts to compete with the more up-to-date competition as e.g. GMail, YahooMail, etc.

In my Cyber Cafe I see a lot of visitors having problem with Hotmail attachments - sending/saving - regardless of extension. An hour later other users can send/save Hotmail attachments without problem on the very same machine.