Shops In Phuket Selling Secondhand Hotel Items?

simon43

In the quest for saving my baht on furnishing some aspects of my new 'mini' resorts, I visited the auction company in Thalang. I found some quality shower fittings (Grohe) at a fraction of their new cost.

I also visited a shop in Krabi Town which sells secondhand hotel equipment, and also bought some stainless steel towel rails at 20% of the new cost.

So my question is - does anyone know of similar shops in Phuket which sell equipments/items from businesses that have closed or have surplus stock?

Simon

Apologies for being a bit vague on directions, it's been a while since I was up that way.

As I recall the place is about 100/200 meters past the Rajaphat lights, on the left. Quite a big place, usually with a few larger items outside on the pavement. I hope this helps.

From Chalong cirlce going towards Phuket town (Chao Fa) , there is a place on the left hand side right before you get to the street which takes you to Wat Chalong. It a pretty well sized warehouse. All used hotel items form chairs, sofas, beds, kitchen appliances, etc.

From Chalong cirlce going towards Phuket town (Chao Fa) , there is a place on the left hand side right before you get to the street which takes you to Wat Chalong. It a pretty well sized warehouse. All used hotel items form chairs, sofas, beds, kitchen appliances, etc.

same co. has a shop pretty much across from Macro but down towards Patong about 100m

Lumpoons on Chao Fa East Rd has a fair bit of gear, Just past the traffic lights that go into the Soi with Tiger Muay Thai

Would give lumpoons a miss.

Well over priced some item more than you pay for new

I have thought the same for many many years. Gave them a look 12+ years ago, 2nd hand stuff for near new price.

Agree about Lumpoon's!

Opposite Makro Just pass the Headstart School is a tiny little road and a giant 2nd hand store. Tons and Tons of stuff. Way bigger then the ones before super cheap. They close early though 5 or 6 I think. So past Makro if you are coming from Chaofa West.. make a left on the Makro road, go past Makro and just past Head Start.

Lumpoons on Chao Fa East Rd has a fair bit of gear, Just past the traffic lights that go into the Soi with Tiger Muay Thai

Really? I got a couple of good deals there

The place Flybynights mentioned is fairly good too...lots of new and used stuff. Its right near the OR Bor Tor

+1

OKay OKay I hear you guys...Im copping a battering over that suggestionrolleyes.gif Keep going Simon down towards Chalong past the glass place....on the right hand side the big joint near the Or Bor Tor has some good stuff there.

Dont go to Lumpoons

same co. has a shop pretty much across from Macro but down towards Patong about 100m

Yes your right, same owners, but the place across from Macro is mostly good for bed sheets and pillows. If you ask the people who work there, and tell them what you are looking, for they will probably be able to find it. They own 2 other similar shops inside Phuket Town. They mostly have a fair amount of "junk". You can walk through the place and maybe find a couple pieces of the same thing here and there, but if looking for surplus items, industrial "stainless", kitchen appliances, bed frames, dressers, mirrors , mattresses, tables and chairs, the place I mentioned caddy corner on the soi going to Wat Chalong is the only place I have found that will be able to supply you in massive amounts. Most of the time the hotel auction on site. Very difficult to find items of 200+ pieces of anything used.

Lumpoons is still a good place to look for some good 2nd hand "household" personal items.

If the OP can tell us more specifically what he is looking for, it might make it a bit easier to get the answer he needs.

Never bought anything in Lumpoons. Well over-priced. I have bought a few things from the place past HeadStart but in general Phuket prices for secondhand materials are so high it is not worth buying them. Shop around and buy new, though if it is white goods you are after there appears to be a shortage as most stock is in flood-affected warehouses near Bangkok.

• 3 weeks later...

@Chainsaw - how many meters/kilometers before Supercheap? I don't recall that shop. Is it before the Rajabat traffic lights?

Thanks

Simon

Heading toward Phuket Town from Thalang it is about 1- 2 k past Supercheap , same side of the road. Has stainless steel items outside. Two shops side by side one is mostly small hotel decor, dishes, flatware dusty and badly organized, the other has doors and larger items , furniture and a lot of duplicate items and is quite large.

HI MM,

Please ,

Where is Makro for us northern dwellers?

Agree about Lumpoon's!

Opposite Makro Just pass the Headstart School is a tiny little road and a giant 2nd hand store. Tons and Tons of stuff. Way bigger then the ones before super cheap. They close early though 5 or 6 I think. So past Makro if you are coming from Chaofa West.. make a left on the Makro road, go past Makro and just past Head Start.