Where To Buy A Bike In Phuket?

trigger571

Hi bikers,

I am looking for a decent bike shop in Phuket which potentially sells bikes like Honda Shadow and Steed. I have seen two showrooms so far but both only seem to stock Harley's. While I would love a Harley, I am still a beginner and I am also not the tallest of persons. So a Shadow (or something of that size and price range) will be a good start for me. Anyone know of a Showroom which stocks these bikes regularly? I am intending to buy in February as I have to go back to my home country for a couple of months now. Thanks

you are looking at rather old bikes, 12-20 years old, and most of them with recycled fake registration books, thats books from old honda wave/dreams with "replaced" 400/650/750 engines, and most have been rentals.

not many showroom dealers want to touch them, so they are sold by pavement workshops.

Keep your eye on TV classified, phuket gazette, or just ride around and look.

PM me if you want one now, as I know a couple for sale, nothing promised on condition or legality

or move up to 300k baht and get an almost new kawasaki 900, legal and hasselfree, perhaps still under warranty

or get a lighter and much better handling bike like kawasaki er6, at approx 170k baht for a 2 year old. my Gf at 157cm/5 foot 3 rides one

Thanks, very helpful post. Shall certainly take it all into consideration.

you are looking at rather old bikes, 12-20 years old, and most of them with recycled fake registration books, thats books from old honda wave/dreams with "replaced" 400/650/750 engines, and most have been rentals.

not many showroom dealers want to touch them, so they are sold by pavement workshops.

Keep your eye on TV classified, phuket gazette, or just ride around and look.

PM me if you want one now, as I know a couple for sale, nothing promised on condition or legality

or move up to 300k baht and get an almost new kawasaki 900, legal and hasselfree, perhaps still under warranty

or get a lighter and much better handling bike like kawasaki er6, at approx 170k baht for a 2 year old. my Gf at 157cm/5 foot 3 rides one

I forget the name of the shop but at Kata beach, the last stoplight before going into Karon take a left an on the left is shop that deals in used bike. A quick internet check pops up Tuk's Bike shop.

You might also try West Coast. 99/10-12 Chalerm Prakeat 9 (Bypass Rd). Painted up like a Harley Dealer. Mostly Harley but I am sure he can find anything. Look for Sumon.

Edited by Gonsalviz

I forget the name of the shop but at Kata beach, the last stoplight before going into Karon take a left an on the left is shop that deals in used bike. A quick internet check pops up Tuk's Bike shop.

You might also try West Coast. 99/10-12 Chalerm Prakeat 9 (Bypass Rd). Painted up like a Harley Dealer. Mostly Harley but I am sure he can find anything. Look for Sumon.

Tuks bike shop mostly Harleys, run by a Norwegian name Finn

West Coast/Ride Thailand, bike dealer and garage run by a Swede name Ted and an OZ name Chris