Daily Flood Locations Nov. 13

sbk

Latest daily flood location updates from our members, please keep it on topic. Those hijacking the thread with politics will find their posting rights suspended.

Continued from yesterday's reports found here

I came up Sukhumvit from Asoke to Soi 93 late last night and there was no sign of water anywhere. Will be going out to Big C on OnNut later today and then back through the Sukhumvit - On Nut intersectionto Suk Soi 93 and will update if I see anything. Also, have friends who live off of On Nut Soi 44 and they have no water in their neighborhood that shouldn't be there.

Here in Bang Bua Thong / Bang Yai (Nonthaburi province) The water has gone down again. I think its 1-2 cm a day. Its not much and it will take weeks for all the water to be gone. Its 50cm or so outside. Thankfully now most houses are dry. The 50 cm is around the entrance level for most houses here in the Muh Bahn. Down from 70+ cm.

During all this time we had electricity and as you see internet. Now recently the 711 got partially restocked. Also there were local restaurants open (2 of them). So we were better off as most.

The road past our house big road (western ringway nr 9) is getting better too. So far just cars with snorkels and trucks. If you keep in the middle lanes water is shallowest. There are however still points where its is more as 50cm deep. Its dry at some points and water at others. So a boat trip to the Big C is out.

We have had many relief packages (almost all from private parties NOT the government). Also we set up our own help and transport services. Nothing from the government. They are useless as so many other say. The army is great, if your lucky you can catch a lift from them to places ont he big road.

We are above west BKK so all the water from us still has to go down. So people.. we are talking weeks here. It will be at least 2 weeks before we are dry at (at this rate). But the west got hit 2 weeks after us. Just you guys do the math.

hello campers , morning all,

north east,

day 10 of the water receding at khlong 4 lam luk ka road.

day 3 of the water receding at khu bon ,

so it has taken 10 days at 2cm a day for lam luk ka,

so in 7 more days i hope khu bon will be ok to go and see my friends house ,

north east,

Hi Scott, did you get the chance to check the water levels on Phraya Suren (Ram 109) on your travels? If so, is the water also going down there as well?. Asking for purely selfish reasons as I want to go back to my house now.

Edited by trompelemonde

north east,

Hi Scott, did you get the chance to check the water levels on Phraya Suren (Ram 109) on your travels? If so, is the water also going down there as well?. Asking for purely selfish reasons as I want to go back to my house now.

hi my school is down that road, somapa, water still just about drivable , some soi waist high, but some soi nothing, crazy but true,

These are from Dr. Seree's Thai PBS Thai-language presentation last night (12 Nov 2011). It was earlier than usual and part of a general flood report segment. I thought these might be useful as an overview of the situation and his maps provide some metrics.

11-12b) General, large-scale area presentation. Volumes must be in millions of cubic meters

11-12d) General Bangkok area, showing the Big Bag Barrier (BBB) in dark red. Volumes must be in billions of cubic meters. If that is the case, the total among the two northern and the eastern sectors totals about 9.9 billion cubic meters. Oddly, the purposely-made breach in the BBB at the southwest corner is not shown on this map. Along the top are daily depth numbers, indicating decreasing. This map also indicates water breaching a flood barrier/dyke just to the east of the BBB.

11-12g) General eastern Bangkok area, showing historic latitudinal flood-front positions. He was motioning downward with his hand. Note Victory Monument on the left with the flood-front running east/west along khlong Bang Su to the north.

11-12i) General western Bangkok area, also showing historic flood-front positions.

11-12k) I don't quite understand this one. One would think the red areas would indicate flooded, but it shows the Khlong Tan / Khlong Toei areas in red. Ideas, anyone?

post-120659-0-86141700-1321155290_thumb.

post-120659-0-21755600-1321155384_thumb.

post-120659-0-40597800-1321155553_thumb.

post-120659-0-02259200-1321155799_thumb.

post-120659-0-33220400-1321155968_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

I came up Sukhumvit from Asoke to Soi 93 late last night and there was no sign of water anywhere. Will be going out to Big C on OnNut later today and then back through the Sukhumvit - On Nut intersectionto Suk Soi 93 and will update if I see anything. Also, have friends who live off of On Nut Soi 44 and they have no water in their neighborhood that shouldn't be there.

Just received word from another poster that Soi On Nut and Sukhumvit "T" intersection by Big C still dry.

Sun 13th.

Main road Sai Noi Ban Kruey useable by pickups but not cars. in the adjacent sois the waqter is down from 70 cm to 47 cm, that took 2 weeks, so obviously a lot more yet to go to west Bangkok. We hhave been kept well supplied with food, water and medicines by a mixture of government and private organisations.

Does anyone know if immigration is being more tolerant on deadlines during these floods?

These are from Dr. Seree's Thai PBS Thai-language presentation last night (12 Nov 2011). It was earlier than usual and part of a general flood report segment. I thought these might be useful as an overview of the situation and his maps provide some metrics.

{...}

11-12k) I don't quite understand this one. One would think the red areas would indicate flooded, but it shows the Khlong Tan / Khlong Toei areas in red. Ideas, anyone?

If I remember correctly, he said that the red areas are affected districts, not flooded ones. It includes districts on alert or high alert.

11-12b) General, large-scale area presentation. Volumes must be in millions of cubic meters

11-12d) General Bangkok area, showing the Big Bag Barrier (BBB) in dark red. Volumes must be in billions of cubic meters. If that is the case, the total among the two northern and the eastern sectors totals about 9.9 billion cubic meters. Oddly, the purposely-made breach in the BBB at the southwest corner is not shown on this map. Along the top are daily depth numbers, indicating decreasing. This map also indicates water breaching a flood barrier/dyke just to the east of the BBB.

11-12g) General eastern Bangkok area, showing historic latitudinal flood-front positions. He was motioning downward with his hand. Note Victory Monument on the left with the flood-front running east/west along khlong Bang Su to the north.

11-12i) General western Bangkok area, also showing historic flood-front positions.

Khlong Toei port area was flooding yesterday

Don't want to sound silly, but has all risk of Suvarnibhumi being flooded gone now? We're back on Dec 14 and by the sounds of things BKK will still have plenty of water around. The water seems to be defying all the predictions as to when it will be over.

1321164240[/url]' post='4843622']

Don't want to sound silly, but has all risk of Suvarnibhumi being flooded gone now? We're back on Dec 14 and by the sounds of things BKK will still have plenty of water around. The water seems to be defying all the predictions as to when it will be over.

I have just driven from Pattaya to Suvarnabhum, the road is completely clear of water. However, as we got closer some of the roads by the side of the 7 were flooded in places. We did a quick circumnavigation of the actual airport and there was no water at all to be seen inside its environs.Carl

Levels of water on Wippawaddee Rangsit road, Soi 17 are dropping. Just over ankle level as of 1.33pm today.

I can't find that on the map but was it ever a very deep river anyway?

I am trying to get an idea of what Phaholyothin will be like if they drain the area to the West of Don Muang airport.. The low lying part would seem to be Rachayothin and that is about a meter deep and running well. Busses can still run but if they let any more water down transport will be affected badly.

When you look at the map, the water is flowing from North to South. On the Eastern side of Bangkok, it is now all around Bang Chan Industrial Estate, from there is will flow towards (and hopefully around and not into) Lat Krabang Industrial Estate. After that, on the way to the ocean, lies Samut Prakarn Province and Suvarnabhumi airport.

We don't know yet whether these industrial estates will hold up, and whether the airport will ever be seriously threatened. However, we will know long before 14 December (maybe in about 10 days oir two weeks) whether the airport will be OK, and the roads leading to it. You have no reason to be worried: If the airport is flooded or inaccessable by road, the airplane will not land there. They won't drop you in a lake, I am sure of that.

We decided to do a survey today of our office and house. In the office now, but still need to figure out how to go to Khu Bon Soi 27. Our office is fine.

The water in Ram Inthra Soi69 is quite low now, but scummy. I feel sorry for the people with low lying houses. It never got above knee depth at the deepest. The water is moving. Had a look at the small khlong at the end of our soi, water is moving towards Ram Inthra/Nawamin, but not fast. 1 meter per 5 seconds approx.

Driving from Ban Pong down to the 35 (Rama II is DRY) and then onto the Kanchanapisek all the way round south to east was a breeze. No water until driving west on Ram Inthra, there was some water on the road right in front of the overpass going over Ram Inthra KM.8. Plenty of water on the east bound lane of Ram Inthra (towards Fashion).

Quickly looking down Nawamin and Khu Bon from the bridge, water as far as I could see. No idea on depth, but will report back later. :jap:

When you look at the map, the water is flowing from North to South. On the Eastern side of Bangkok, it is now all around Bang Chan Industrial Estate, from there is will flow towards (and hopefully around and not into) Lat Krabang Industrial Estate. After that, on the way to the ocean, lies Samut Prakarn Province and Suvarnabhumi airport.

We don't know yet whether these industrial estates will hold up, and whether the airport will ever be seriously threatened. However, we will know long before 14 December (maybe in about 10 days oir two weeks) whether the airport will be OK, and the roads leading to it. You have no reason to be worried: If the airport is flooded or inaccessable by road, the airplane will not land there. They won't drop you in a lake, I am sure of that.

Thanks Tom, I think.

It barely bears thinking about, but if Suvarnabhumi were to close, and Don Muang is still closed, what would happen?

Edited by sfbandung

It barely bears thinking about, but if Suvarnabhumi were to close, and Don Muang is still closed, what would happen?

Thailand has more airports but I wouldn't worry too much about that, one of them will be clear if the other is flooded

Anybody have any idea about the blockage of Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok at klong 6? if this gets cleared I am hoping that coming from Nakhon Nayok I will be able to get up onto the ring road and then onto the Ramintra motorway for an easy drive to Phra Khanong.

Thanks

Thanks Tom, I think.

Both Phuket airport and U-Tapao airport are ready to take over. I assume, but have no actual information, that the other international airports in Thailand will also be happy to accommodate additional flights. However, if their combined capacity is less than Suvarnabhumi, some incoming flights will be redirected to neighbouring countries in the beginning, and new flights will be cancelled.

As a passenger, you will still have nothing to fear. Don't worry too much about that.

GM Link 12 Nov @ 17:00 or so - Rama II Soi 69 Yaek 3 Rd 1. Late report, backlogged by spending too much time reading all the non-flood reports on this thread. Images, as usual, courtesy of Thai PBS and Google. Poor image quality courtesy of me.

post-120659-0-76277800-1321172483_thumb.

post-120659-0-35839300-1321172535_thumb.

post-120659-0-81062200-1321172569_thumb.

post-120659-0-78545700-1321172592_thumb.

post-120659-0-77283800-1321172620_thumb.

post-120659-0-04915800-1321172649_thumb.

post-120659-0-26576500-1321172667_thumb.

post-120659-0-53054000-1321172721_thumb.

post-120659-0-92945900-1321172743_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Thailand has more airports but I wouldn't worry too much about that, one of them will be clear if the other is flooded

As you rightly say Don Muang Airport has been closed for some time now.

I live in Sai Mai 49 not too far from the airport and in the flight paths.

When the airport was open for domestic flights very little air traffic.

Since it has been officially closed I cannot believe the huge amount of aircraft landing and taking off.

Confused me for a while, not hard to do!

My conclusion:

Runways open to military aircraft.

Access roads for civilians not good.

Sun 13th.

Main road Sai Noi Ban Kruey useable by pickups but not cars. in the adjacent sois the waqter is down from 70 cm to 47 cm, that took 2 weeks, so obviously a lot more yet to go to west Bangkok. We hhave been kept well supplied with food, water and medicines by a mixture of government and private organisations.

Does anyone know if immigration is being more tolerant on deadlines during these floods?

No. I read in another post here on TV, someone got to pay 4000thb.

Sun 13th.

No. I read in another post here on TV, someone got to pay 4000thb.

went to Immigration 5 days late stating that I live in Bangkok Noi and was flooded in. Their response....'So how'd ya get here today?' 2,500 worth of wisdom learned!

water level in the Bangkok Noi is lower than has been for last 3 weeks...not by much but anything is better than nothin' aye?!