Daily Flood Locations Nov. 13

sbk

I know from a friend that On Nut to Udomsuk is clear of any water. Also by me Phraram 9 Fortune and down as far as Rachada soi 10 is clear. Although the Klong is rama9 is steadily rising and is above the level of the drainage pipe for the soi opposite me!

Not sure where. Do you mean Srinakarin Road from Onnut to Udomsuk? Or do you mean the small sois, such as Onnut 46 and Onnut 44 and others that connect the two roads?

I stay now for 4 weeks in Suan Luang, evacuated from flood in Ayutthaya on october 4th.

Last week we went back to our house to check the damage (horrible).

We had to drive the car, going Rangsit because the nr 9 was closed.

Tomorrow we have to back (for the 5000 baht from government)

Can anybody tell me if the nr 7 and 9 are open?

I start On Nut and take 7 and 9.

When i have to go by Rangsit, this is really far and many traffic

I stay now for 4 weeks in Suan Luang, evacuated from flood in Ayutthaya on october 4th.

Last week we went back to our house to check the damage (horrible).

We had to drive the car, going Rangsit because the nr 9 was closed.

Tomorrow we have to back (for the 5000 baht from government)

Can anybody tell me if the nr 7 and 9 are open?

I start On Nut and take 7 and 9.

When i have to go by Rangsit, this is really far and many traffic

take the don muang highway and than 32# both ways are OK

from Ayutthaya with pick-up/suv/truck you can go #32 and than #9 as well

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the folks that are posting here for the latest flood info.

It really is helpful for us folks from abroad wondering whether to visit or cancel our travel plans...

Big Thanks to member KHR1010 for this:

It is a complete gamblers guess as to what will happen in the next few weeks. There truly is no way to know. The fact is Rama 4 is in between the flood waters and the Gulf. Whether the flood will go through Rama 4 or go around noooobody knows. We have boat propeller engineers who are going to line up boats in a row and whisk the water to sea, we have big bags being placed for kilometers on end, natives busting open flood control, old broken down water pumps giving up at key locations, and on and on. If you have the ability to hold off on your annual pilgrimage for a few weeks until a true grasp of the situation is in hand you would be doing yourself (and family if such is going with) a great service and possibly avoiding a very unpleasant experience.

this has got to move through....

post-140546-0-29088900-1321185025_thumb.

Stay safe, Peace.

Captain Peacock.

Late again...

Saphan Kwai, Mo Chit, Pahonyothin Rd, Ratchadaphisek Rd.

Went today again... great signs of improvement in the Chatuchak, Pahonyothin, Lad Prao and Ratchadaphisek area. Start to see dry spots, in some areas. But, there is still a lot of water and some sois are still waist deep.

Hope to be faster with today's upload.

Late again...

Saphan Kwai, Mo Chit, Pahonyothin Rd, Ratchadaphisek Rd.

Went today again... great signs of improvement in the Chatuchak, Pahonyothin, Lad Prao and Ratchadaphisek area. Start to see dry spots, in some areas. But, there is still a lot of water and some sois are still waist deep.

Hope to be faster with today's upload.

Great job! It is worth more than a thousand words.

By the way Dusit is dry and I think it will stay that way.

Edited by Thunder26

Are there any updates on the flooding on Rama II ?

I came up from Hua Hin passing some water ( well before Tesco travelling North ) at around 15:30 today. Water in many places almost up to Rama 2 road although not level with it. Still a while to get level as yet I suspect before rising enough to flood across. However this water was intermittant over about 10 KM so it is approaching Rama 2 over a very wide front. Interesting if it will actual flood to any depth or just wash over it as it is such a long water front.

Flood report from Laksi district, Chaeng Wattana Soi 14 (muubaan Muang Thong 1), between Tesco-Lotus and Big C (Soi 14).

Chaeng Wattana road from Klong Prapa to Laksi intersection (IT Mall) closed for two weeks now, as well as Soi 14 into our village.

Only military trucks carry people around on the main road.

On the soi In front of our house the water reached chest level (about 1.20 meter) around Nov 1, and even military trucks stopped driving around.

The depth of the water varies quite a bit from one soi to the other. I expect that the road in front our our house is one of the deepest (lowest).

Boats are now the main mode of transportation. You can go anywhere in the village for 100 baht.

Water here has been dropping for about 8 days now; down about 20 centimer.

Still a lot to go, though. Probably similar to reports from Don Muang (post by Marquess), as Laksi and Don Muang are very close.

The water seems cleaner than a week ago, when it was very smelly, black and oily.

Very weird: if you drive west of Klong Prapa on Chaeng Whattana road (just slightly West of Tesco-Lotus),

it is completly dry, thanks to a earth wall (dyke) built by Pak Kret local government.

Everything to the west of Klong Prapa, such as Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani housing estate and Central Cheang Watthana, is completely dry and open.

Question: does anyone know the latest situation/plan for the big barrier bags near Don Muang (gap open, gap closed, destroyed?)

The 15cm of water we had in our house is almost gone now (piece of land is higher than the road),

but I am not sure yet whether it makes sense to start cleaning if they break down the big bag barrier.

PS: my brain tells me that some common sense and law & order near BBB could help to protect what's left of the dry zones and economy in inner Bangkok.

But that's way too rational of course! Much better to listen to a local village head North of the barrier instead,

because he represents 10,000 people (compared to 10,000,000 inside BKK + economy), and then show some namjai. Go figure.

Drove from Chiang Mai to central Sukhumvit last night. Left CM at 5pm and journey took 7hrs. All roads open. Only points to note as follows

122 around Nakhon Sawon is open in both directions and dry. However care is needed due to potholes and some lanes are closed due to remnants of flood barriers

There is a small amount of water on road around 55km point of 1, north of Bkk. However Road is fine for all vehicles

Through Pathum Thani, some northbound traffic still diverted on southbound carriageway which is dry due to flooding on northbound side. Thought this area could be v busy daytime which is why I decided to drive through it late at night.

Elevated tollway at Don Muang is fine. Some evidence of ppl removing their cars but care still needed as many vehicles still parked here

We decided to do a survey today of our office and house. In the office now, but still need to figure out how to go to Khu Bon Soi 27. Our office is fine.

The water in Ram Inthra Soi69 is quite low now, but scummy. I feel sorry for the people with low lying houses. It never got above knee depth at the deepest. The water is moving. Had a look at the small khlong at the end of our soi, water is moving towards Ram Inthra/Nawamin, but not fast. 1 meter per 5 seconds approx.

Driving from Ban Pong down to the 35 (Rama II is DRY) and then onto the Kanchanapisek all the way round south to east was a breeze. No water until driving west on Ram Inthra, there was some water on the road right in front of the overpass going over Ram Inthra KM.8. Plenty of water on the east bound lane of Ram Inthra (towards Fashion).

Quickly looking down Nawamin and Khu Bon from the bridge, water as far as I could see. No idea on depth, but will report back later. :jap:

Ok, follow up on this. We drove out Ram Inthra 69 almost down to KM.8 Junction.

Took a large songtheaw up Khu Bon road. We had a measuring stick with us and depth was anywhere from 25cm to 40cm.

Turned into Khu Bon Soi 27. There it started to get deeper. At least 30cm and some places 45cm. Got to our yeak. 40cm on the Soi, but our yeak is much lower. Suffice it to say, our boots got filled.

Water has receded approximately 10-15cms. Our yeak was 60cms deep. In the house 40cms.

Black filth on the walls. Got here just in time. One of our bookshelves which we could not get upstairs was sagging badly and about to collapse. Moved all remaining books and important docs upstairs.

There were signs of attempted break in on 2nd floor balcony, but the house has steel grills/grating on all windows and doors.

They tried at the neighbours, too. Did not get in, but rats had eaten a hole in the door.

Transport out was courtesy of the Royal Thai Army. They start at 7AM and keep going until 9PM. All trucks going in and out were full of people.

We did take out all her jewelery and other items. I am guessing it will take another 2 to 3 weeks before the water is gone.

Oh and when the sun started going down the mozzies came out in force! Man, that is going to be bad. The water had a bad smell, but not overpowering.

Driving back out to the Kanchanapisek, about 20cms of water on the Ram Inthra east bound lane, at the highest point. Kanchanapisek all the way to Rama II exit, no water. Rama II itself, NO WATER. Could not see if it was flooding north of Rama II.

Tha Chin looked to be holding up well.

Just drove through Sukhumvit Soi 13. About 200 m inside the Soi, water is percolating up from the sewers. A 20 - 30 meter stretch of water about 10 cm or so deep. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of what's to come ... This is similar to how the On Nut - Srinakarin intersection started several days back.

Levels of water on Wippawaddee Rangsit road, Soi 17 are dropping. Just over ankle level as of 1.33pm today.

I can't find that on the map but was it ever a very deep river anyway?

I am trying to get an idea of what Phaholyothin will be like if they drain the area to the West of Don Muang airport.. The low lying part would seem to be Rachayothin and that is about a meter deep and running well. Busses can still run but if they let any more water down transport will be affected badly.

Well...yes, it was pretty deep 3 days ago for all of us trapped on "Koh Condo" thank you very much. Sorry about the slight rant, a touch of cabin fever setting in...

I know from a friend that On Nut to Udomsuk is clear of any water. Also by me Phraram 9 Fortune and down as far as Rachada soi 10 is clear. Although the Klong is rama9 is steadily rising and is above the level of the drainage pipe for the soi opposite me!

Not sure where. Do you mean Srinakarin Road from Onnut to Udomsuk? Or do you mean the small sois, such as Onnut 46 and Onnut 44 and others that connect the two roads?

On Nut 46 is dry. However Soi 39 just up the road a bit is flooding in 3 separate places along the Soi. Water is bubbling up from the drains, about a foot or so deep