On Standard 30 Day - Want To Stay For Longer

I'm in Thailand on a standard 30 day entry stamp but have been here for the last two years on non-immigration visas.

I'd like to get another 30 days while I wait for my Ed Visa to get sorted. What are my options?

I read online I can only get a 7-day extension if I go to immigration.

I don't fancy doing the visa run bus service but could I get a train to a border and back again by myself?

Or where is the cheapest, easiest and quickest place to fly for a day trip and get another 30 days?

Thanks!

You will get 30 days if you fly in. At a land border crossing you will only receive 15 days.

Check the low cost airlines, such as Air Asia, Tiger,… to see if they have anything reasonable.

Unfortunately, usually their cheapest fares are booked more than 1 month in advance.

Not sure you would get 30 days if you flew out and in, as far as i am aware it has to be to your home country

I have done this many times and all you have to do is fly out and fly back to anywhere.

2 years ago I saw an offer on the KLM web site and Business class was 6,000 Baht return to Taiwan.

I booked a nice hotel online and went. Pleasant 4 day break and came back to get another 30 days.

4 months ago I flew to Vientiene for a week and came back to BKK and got a 30 day stamp. I was asked how long I was staying by the customs official and I said 3 weeks and he said OK. never asked for any details of onward flights out.

check all the low cost airlines and get the cheapest flight to any neighbouring country. Stay at least a day or 2 and fly back.

I work on 28/28 rotation and use Thailand as my home base and have had no problems in 6 years of traveling in out except countless stamps in my passport and the only Visa I have ever had is the 30 day tourist visa. I have many work colleagues who do the same.

Edited by lonewolf99

I stand corrected then, and it is in fact only a land crossing where you wont get 30 days, in which case it might be worth you checking out cebuairpacific as they more often than not have some really cheap fights to somewhere in asia

No problem champken.....you get 15 days at a land border. I've done them as well...But the mini bus ride is hell on wheels. It was possible to buy 15 days at the immigration office for 1900 baht - but that is down to 7 days. which would only be useful in an emergency to tide you over to find a flight out. Any one doing legitimate entry to the country and applying for a visa with no criminal background or intent should easily get the visa they require.

Stay at least a day or 2 and fly back.

I'd say that's a personal preference, if the OP is looking for the cheapest possible trip, then no need to stay for a day or two.

Just make sure you have enough time for turnaround at the airport of choice, before heading back to Thailand again.