Daily Flood Locations Nov. 14Th

cdnvic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just drove through Sukhumvit Soi 13. About 200 m inside the Soi, water is percolating up from the sewers. A 20 - 30 meter stretch of water about 10 cm or so deep. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of what's to come ... This is similar to how the On Nut - Srinakarin intersection started several days back.

GM Link Just did a visual of Sukumvit Soi 13 and all dry except about 10 meters of wet/damp road just north of the Ambassador Hotel - 300 meters from Sukumvit (appoximately where Dizzie indicated - green, lat/lon posit arrow). There was a 1 X 1/2 meter, very shallow puddle on the west roadside immediately in front of the Ambassador.

post-120659-0-97835000-1321225768_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

any improvement on the situation in Ramindra soi 5 to soi 19 and especially the inner subsois in Anansuksan - Tharaeng ?

last update I heard was last Thursday and it still was waist to chest level

saw a clip on youtube yesterday that showed some of soi 19 and it looked bad (not sure of the date that it was recorded)

am overseas - thanks to all for the updates

Has anybody got any update on Phahon Yothin, and the Don Muang tollway road near the MRT stops???

Thanks for any help...........

This morning I drove the Don Muang Tollway, traffic OK in both directions

Still cars on the road near the exits

Edited by jumbo

Friend lives in Soi 19, Ram Intra and he has to take the army truck and boat to get to his home deep in the soi

GM Link How deep are they? That is ... I mean ... how deep into Soi 19?

Normally a to minute drive where the soi really gets narrow

Returned home on Raminthra Soi 23 from Chiang Mai yesterday evening. Raminthra itself still impassable to cars and taxis Lak Si-bound beginning 100m from Foodland in the direction of Fashion Island. Trucks are still going through. Boats are still providing taxi service into Sois 19-23, 60 Baht/person one way. Water level in Soi 23 has dropped 10-12cm since we left for Chiang Mai Thursday, so depth is 35-45cm. If it drops much further it may become too shallow for the boats. There could be a water depth that is too deep for most cars but too shallow for boats. That would suck, so let's hope not.

Wife saw last night on local TV news that vandalism to the BBB near Don Muang might cause the water in this area to rise again. She said BBB but I'm not sure if the BBB actually extends to the Don Muang area. The news piece might simply have referred to some other barrier.

Friend lives in Soi 19, Ram Intra and he has to take the army truck and boat to get to his home deep in the soi

Let's see ... two minutes @ 98.6 KPH (such a kidder) should put your friend right about Cheer. If their brakes fail or they lose consciousness, they could end up parking the car right about Cheer (water, walls and sandbags notwithstanding).

Edited by MaxYakov

I live on a sub-soi of Vipavadee 16 (opposite Thai Rath). The water has dropped 20 cm since 06.00 (I used a marker pen). I can now wear flip-flops and not waders!

Is this a good sign? I think so. Has anybody else had a sudden improvement?

Eddy

What? 20cm in 3 HOURS? :blink:

Hi - I know it's been briefly mentioned, but my girlfriend lives in Ram Intra Lumpini Place next to Central Ram Intra (I think near Soi 5).

She is flying back into BKK tomorrow evening, is it reachable by road? Is it not really passable?

Otherwise, she will just have to stay with me in On Nut (not that I'm complaining of course!).

I live on a sub-soi of Vipavadee 16 (opposite Thai Rath). The water has dropped 20 cm since 06.00 (I used a marker pen). I can now wear flip-flops and not waders!

Is this a good sign? I think so. Has anybody else had a sudden improvement?

Eddy

What? 20cm in 3 HOURS? :blink:

Yes, I couldn't fathom it (groan...) either. We arrived home yesterday, and took an army truck from the MRT. Now it's damp only! We are quite near a small klong, however, so that any changes tend to be radical. if the klong drops, we drop.

Anyone have any news on Sukhaphiban5? We live on Laddarom, under the expressway and have been away for a month now , would love to be able to get back this week!

Thanks,

Carl

Hi, my area is going down, on W. Road just past 5 yaek. My village has gone from a high of 37cm last week to 22cm as of this morning. Hope by next week it is passable by car, though I will stay at my rented place til the end of the month....

Returned home on Raminthra Soi 23 from Chiang Mai yesterday evening. Raminthra itself still impassable to cars and taxis Lak Si-bound beginning 100m from Foodland in the direction of Fashion Island. Trucks are still going through. Boats are still providing taxi service into Sois 19-23, 60 Baht/person one way. Water level in Soi 23 has dropped 10-12cm since we left for Chiang Mai Thursday, so depth is 35-45cm. If it drops much further it may become too shallow for the boats. There could be a water depth that is too deep for most cars but too shallow for boats. That would suck, so let's hope not.

Wife saw last night on local TV news that vandalism to the BBB near Don Muang might cause the water in this area to rise again. She said BBB but I'm not sure if the BBB actually extends to the Don Muang area. The news piece might simply have referred to some other barrier.

Thanks Jumbo, Max & Planetman for the info on Raminthra

I hope the BBB thing doesn't worsen an already very bad situation

< snip >

If it drops much further it may become too shallow for the boats. There could be a water depth that is too deep for most cars but too shallow for boats. That would suck, so let's hope not.

< snip >

Not if you had one of these. If it could fly, it would be Thaiphibious. Thaiphibian, even if it can't fly? (images courtesy Channel 7, poor quality courtesy me)

post-120659-0-31496200-1321242385_thumb.

post-120659-0-96343700-1321242401_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

1321239148[/url]' post='4845319']
1321236061[/url]' post='4845212']

Anyone have any news on Sukhaphiban5? We live on Laddarom, under the expressway and have been away for a month now , would love to be able to get back this week!

Thanks,

Carl

Hi, my area is going down, on W. Road just past 5 yaek. My village has gone from a high of 37cm last week to 22cm as of this morning. Hope by next week it is passable by car, though I will stay at my rented place til the end of the month....

Thanks Tom.

Onnut 0930 14nov11

I had an apppointment near Onnut/Sukhumvit intersection this morning. All dry as expected.

Then I drove up Onnut and into Soi 39, as someone mentioned last night that the soi was wet. Indeed, just before the bridge over Klong Prakhanong, there was a stretch of maybe 10 meters, and the water was maybe 5-10 cms deep at the lowest point. The Klong itself looked as if it could take much more water, so that seems to be a mistake in street design (I bet this stretch gets flooded each time there is some rain).

I drove back to Onnut and up to Onnut/Srinakarin intersection. I U-turned under the bridge, so I could not see the far lane of Srinakrin, but on this end all was dry. The cars coming from the far side and turning into Onnut had dry tires, I saw no evidence of water.

I took my daughter to Loei and back to Bangkok again over the weekend and decided to pass many flooded areas on the way - good education for a little girl

Heavy traffic starting 5 km from the end of the expressway, some flooding after the expressway finished, and number 1 to Saraburi is still pretty heavily flooded in some areas, 20 cm outbound, 50 cm inbound, this is after Sai Asias (Rd 32) left turn, km 60+. Bangkok - Saraburi took 5.5. hours arriving Saraburi 1:30 AM on early Sat morning. Road 21 north from Saraburi totally unaffected

The police were standing by their tradition that keeping their feet dry is more important than helping the public and were nowhere to be seen... Only soldiers and volunteers and the public of course

Way back Sunday - Passed Petchabun and took 3004 then 11 passed Tak Fa planning to go to Singburi. Had to turn left toward Lopburi 15 km before hitting sai Asia as a bridge ahead was closed due to flood damage. No flooding yet but a right turn onto 3028 taking me out on sai Asia South of Singburi took me straight through affected areas. Lot's of people camping out on the roads, huge lakes as far as the eye could see, saw people wading in chest high water, unpleasant smell all around. The administration seem to have done something good up there because I saw drinking water tanks on the road every km or closer even

Onto sai Asia south of Singburi. The road is generally fine with only a few campers here and there, progress good as traffic light, 90 km/h average no problem, also good passing Ayutthaya, traffic starts to build up approx 50 km north of Bangkok, heavy slow moving traffic after km 47, pretty bad also on the expressway the first 10-15 km

Has anybody got any update on Phahon Yothin, and the Don Muang tollway road near the MRT stops???

Thanks for any help...........

The water has dropped again by Lad Prao Sois 1/1 and 8. The sidewalk has long "dry" patches now.

I cannot imagine it being any different at the corner, but I'm going out now.

I expect to find MRT entrance/exit 1 & 5 closed, 3 either way, 4 & 5 open.

I'll know things are "normal" when mail delivery resumes.