Beer Price

Pdavies99

Yes, Heiniken and Singa gone up 14%. Others still same at the moment. Chang difficult to find, only Chang Lite still readily available.

Glad to be in the northern territory then. Whilst shopping last Friday, I saw Beer Chang in abundance. I bought my usual couple of boxes of Classic. In fact it was a few baht cheaper than my last puschase.

there are loads of "Chang EXPORT" around.

Anyone tried ist?

BTW: I bought one Pack (24 cans, 330 ml) Leo today......670 Bt :blink:.

Beer prices haven't moved in 7/11.

I think, I wait until five o'Clock, and buy all bottles of Leo, they have in the next 7/11...:rolleyes:

A shortage of water, no Problem....but BEER

Anyone tried ist?

Yes, I did, the other day. It was one of the (only) two brands that Tops in Central had. I also noticed that one 7/11 had thousands of cans of it yesterday also.

I thought it was quite good. Malty and tasty.

Anyone tried ist?

I've tried it and I didn't like it. But, I'm used to Chang Classic and their Big Bottles can be found in a lot of stores (But not in the 7/11 or Family Marts)

Edited by MJCM

Have any bars or go gos raised there price on beers?? I hope there is no shortage!!!

Yes many if not all what I have seen is around 5-10 baht a bottle in many bars, not the end of the world and understandable if wholesalers prices have increased, no one is going to sell at a loss.

Some bars seem to be fully stocked others not I cant see it running completely dry that wouldn't be good what with Christmas coming up!

Edited by SAW

In Buriram ,absolutely no shortage of Chang bottles or cans, as it is brewed in Kampang Phet- not flooded.That which is brewed close to or in Bkk, may well have problems, e.g.Singha. No price rise, either, nor rationing

Edited by afarang

In Buriram ,absolutely no shortage of Chang bottles or cans,

Apart from the fact that Buriram is a complete 'AVOID' zone for for most farangs (reasons obvious to most long-termers)... this is the Pattaya forum so i would hazard a guess that most poeple are not too concerned what happened in up there in the sticks :blink:

Apart from the fact that Buriram is a complete 'AVOID' zone for for most farangs (reasons obvious to most long-termers)... this is the Pattaya forum so i would hazard a guess that most poeple are not too concerned what happened in up there in the sticks :blink:

Apart from being off topic, why is that ?

PM if you want.

I went to Makro today and couldn't see any beer anywhere, the same at Tesco, so i go down to my local wholesaler for a couple of boxes of archa (its not that bad) and he has increased his price per box by 15 baht, so not that bad.

It will be interesting to see whether those bars that have increased their prices due to the current problems, then reduce their prices once everything is back to normal

In Buriram ,absolutely no shortage of Chang bottles or cans,

Whatever the problem is I hope they have it sorted by Dec 10th when I arrive for a five day stopover SGN-LHR. Within reason I don't mind the price as long as there is beer, not Heineken, available. If not I'll reschedule and just keep going through to London or stop here in HCMC where at the moment it is lashing down but we do have plenty of beer.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of deleted post