Watching People Snap In Thailand

WebBangkok

I have been here almost 3 years and have seen quite a few people totally snap or in other words have a brain explosion over the smallest things.

I have to admit sometimes I look away and have a little school girls giggle as I do find it to be funny.

What funny things have you seen people "snap" over?

One of the funniest was in Asoke McDonalds when a guy went berserk over them not giving him a discount for 3 large meals. Who the hell baragins for a discount at McDonalds? lol

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost it at a fat old scottish farang at mcd's on silom one morning two months ago. The guy was yelling at the staff about his order and then started calling the poor girl a stupid XYZ expletive.

Then he turned to me and said "Why don't these ____ people learn English - it's an American Restaurant, been here for 20 years and sick of it".

To which I replied in a not so calm manner, "if you have been 20 years why don't you learn how to speak some Thai - I can barely understand your scottish accent, it's no wonder the girl rolled her eyes at you mumbling away".

Hope the guy is a member of TV by the way_ dick-head.

I lost it at a fat old scottish farang at mcd's on silom one morning two months ago. The guy was yelling at the staff about his order and then started calling the poor girl a stupid XYZ expletive.

Then he turned to me and said "Why don't these ____ people learn English - it's an American Restaurant, been here for 20 years and sick of it".

To which I replied in a not so calm manner, "if you have been 20 years why don't you learn how to speak some Thai - I can barely understand your scottish accent, it's no wonder the girl rolled her eyes at you mumbling away".

lol yeah I hate seeing shit like that. I mean your in Thailand for christ sake.

Yeah I am half Scottish and know what some of us are like. A lot of us are total tools, but not me ofcourse.

lol yeah I hate seeing shit like that. I mean your in Thailand for christ sake.

Yeah I am half Scottish and know what some of us are like. A lot of us are total tools, but not me ofcourse.

Nothing against Scots - just his accent and moreover the fact that he was screaming at the girl with the whole restaurant watching amazed me. Then he turns and basically calls them all a bunch of uneducated _expletive. This is a guy in a shirt and tie by the way. I mean we all get frustrated at times but the way he was going on about it is like his wife just sold his house and ran off with her cousin.

If he cant be understood in his native tongue, what chance is there he would be understood in Scottish/Thai

See you Jimmy Khrap....:lol:

Once saw an American guy lose it at the airport.

He was going ballistic because there were no seats left on the plane and he was demanding to be on it. Don't quite understand what the girl at check-in was expected to do, take a ticket from somebody else and give it to him?

I've witnessed several instances of westerners venting, it's usually quite funny to witness and no one really gets hurt, apart from 'feelings'

IMO it is way better to vent a bit of steam out of the pressure valve every now and then, rather than the typical Asian attitude I witness of storing up every little frustration inside until it gets to an explosive point, then people can get really hurt.

But that said, if the westerner makes too regular a habit of it, they are usually born jerks.

I certainly lose it ... sometimes.

The other day I ordered pak boong fai daeng at a restaurant, said it in Thai, pointed to the item on the menu and was brought chicken with cashew nuts instead. I figured out why, there was a PICTURE of the cashew nut dish above the veg dish on the menu. But I knew for sure it was just plain stupidity, laziness, and stereotyping of the waiter to give me the cashew nut dish. So when it came, I rather let it loose. In this case, the waiter was so cool and friendly about it (bringing me the corrected dish) that the anger came and went. The anger I felt wasn't about an order mistake, but the ignorant f-rang stereotyping.

Once saw an American guy lose it at the airport.

He was going ballistic because there were no seats left on the plane and he was demanding to be on it. Don't quite understand what the girl at check-in was expected to do, take a ticket from somebody else and give it to him?

Presumably he had a 'booked' seat? its hard to imagine anyone going ballistic otherwise.

Edit - Airlines have a nasty habit of 'over-booking', assuming that some will not turn-up.

Edited by F1fanatic