Decent House/dance Music?

falangaman

RCA = Royal City Avenue, a one-way street just off Petchburi Road which has a great number of bars and clubs all along it with pumping music outside, neon signs, sexy girls, nice cars and people every day of the week. Good if you're young but very different to Bed and Qbar.

perfect conti house vibes are down at maja bar and the dj is even able to use the net to download if he doesn't have the record u would like to listen but u have to go to koh tao

Can anyone tell me the name of a club in Bangkok that plays House music? By this I mean non R&B or Hip Hop  as everywhere seems to just play this. I heard that Q Bar may play the kind of thing Im after? Can anyone tell me if thats true?

Thanks

If you're down in Pattaya, there's supposed to be a smallish one called "Drum Club" or something similar. it's in the walking street, in a basement. haven't been there myself, but the owner gave me his card on a outdoor house gig. perhaps someone else knows better than me

Not much house going on in bangkok that i've seen. perhaps a track now and then, but not a full night. I like Tapas in silom soi 4, often plays funky house, which is a lot more interesting than hh/r&b. (as you walk into the soi, it's the first place on the left side). As others suggested - narcissus, bed, qbar, mystique.

If you have the opportunity, check out Planet and O-Zone in Batam, Indonesia. Short boatride from singapore. hard house, open 24 hours a day, everything you want is for sale, no police or anyone else to spoil the fun. all this a lot cheaper than bangkok. feels like travelling back in time or going to another planet.

cheers

-nm

• 3 months later...

I heard that coming soon there will be a new club and its djs are supposed to be amazing... JAZZ IT Bangkok Nightclub with European resident top deep house music DJ and live international live music in RCA. Check out their Thai and English website to find out when will be open, i think end or April or so... They also have online mp3 to listen to the style they will be playing there..

Deep house music all night long (not really.. just till 2am! :o )

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to look pretentious or something, but I'd like to know, where do the educated young thais go to? I mean, fancy clubs and stuff...I'm just getting tired of going to touristic clubs and see only buggers and hookers

• 1 month later...

How does a house dance ??

I prefer a good mix of patio and shed music myself.

Is anyone on here the type of really cool into smooth dude that stands at the DJ box with his fingers in the air...like he just dont care ???