Pattaya Coffee Shops With Ambiance

jehricaholic

There's BonCafé along Naklua Road; indoor and outdoor (terrace).

There's Starbuck's in Royal Garden Plaza (I think 3rd floor). Terrace offers great view on Pattaya Bay.

There's a Starbuck's in Avenue (central area).

Of course there are plenty coffee shops around, but those are the only ones with 'ambiance'.

I like Benjamit. It's inside the Tuesday/Friday market on soi Buakhaow. To get there walk east on Pattaya Tai, go past soi Buakhaow and take the next little alley on the left. At the end of this alley turn right and Benjamit is around 50 metres on the right. It's a funky little coffe shop, with oddly assorted furniture, a bit like Central Perk in Friends. Very good value for money, free Wi-fi, and some tasty pastries as well. Closes at 6pm, however.

Also Chester's Grill in Big C (north Pattaya) is great for people watching.

Edited by eyebee

I like Benjamit. It's inside the Tuesday/Friday market on soi Buakhaow. To get there walk east on Pattaya Tai, go past soi Buakhaow and take the next little alley on the left. At the end of this alley turn right and Benjamit is around 50 metres on the right. It's a funky little coffe shop, with oddly assorted furniture, a bit like Central Perk in Friends. Very good value for money, free Wi-fi, and some tasty pastries as well. Closes at 6pm, however.

Also Chester's Grill in Big C (north Pattaya) is great for people watching.

Benjamit 4 me too. Thai ma and pa place but good prices and well run. Try the ice cream. Comes with wi fi

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed

Doesn't beat the Ambiance on a bench on beach Rd outside a 7/11

agreed. There are no good coffee shops for people watching in South Pattaya, best spot to watch people passing by was Starbucks on Beach Road, opposite of McDonalds, it is closed now. The other one On Beach Rd is useless, alltho it has a very nice balcony, there is nothing to see, the one at Mixx and at Central are both completely hopeless. Starbucks at Central is like a concrete jail cell

2 places on Soi Lenkee. Loaf Bakery/coffee shop/pizzeria great Pizza, full bread and cake and cinnabuns made fresh daily outside patio to watch life go by on Soi Lenkee (just behind the 7-11 or La Cherie just past the Family Mart more up scale and complete menu with great specials. Today it was fish, onion rings, salad and free glass of wine B149.

Loaf Bakery/coffee shop/pizzeria great Pizza, full bread and cake and cinnabuns made fresh daily outside patio to watch life go by on Soi Lenkee

I used to really like this place, and the pizza buffet. But over the last couple of months they have completely destroyed it as far as I'm concerned.

Bright lights, loud music, outdoor TV screen (both TV and music on at the same time, playing different things :annoyed: ), high-velocity fans, higher prices (what exactly is a service charge for, in a self-service buffet?). It may suit the brain-dead facebook generation but if I wanted that sort of experience there are a million completely naff bars in Soi Buakow that give it already.

The terrace is really unpleasant now, and if I go back at all for the pizza buffet (which sadly is unlikely) I will just sit indoors.

[

Bright lights, loud music, outdoor TV screen [ snip ] may suit the brain-dead facebook generation..

the ' facebook generation' is very particular when it comes to coffee shops.

I take it by ' facebook generation' you mean all people under 72. So I'm gonna take it upon myself to speak for my whole brain dead generation, and we would like you to know that we like nice quiet coffee shops, Darrel!

the ' facebook generation' is very particular when it comes to coffee shops.

I take it by ' facebook generation' you mean all people under 72. So I'm gonna take it upon myself to speak for my whole brain dead generation, and we would like you to know that we like nice quiet coffee shops, Darrel!

Perhaps the bling factor is specific to local members of the facebook generation.

Either way, the Loaf terrace is no longer the nice place it used to be.

What is the world coming to when you cant find a quiet place to complain in?

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the suggestions and here is my first review of some of them:

1. BonCafé (Naklua Road - east side, 2 min drive from Dolphin roundabout)

Indoor Ambiance: 6/10 - who decided to put sofas next to an office area, why is there an office area inside a coffee shop?

People Watching: 7/10 - more for watching cars or the beer bars across the road

Value: 8/10 - enormous portion of waffles with icecream and a latte for 90Baht

Food Variety: 8/10

Beverage Variety: 9/10 - smoothies, blended coffees, etc, etc

Free WIFI: NO

2.Gaffee (Pattaya Tai, just past Dot Com (same side) towards 2nd road)

Indoor Ambiance: 8/10 - several comfy sofas

People Watching: 9/10 - next to Dot Com, enough said

Value: 7/10

Food Variety: 5/10 - it's a coffee shop with a few pastries

Beverage Variety: 7/10 - not as plentiful as Bon Cafe but OK

Free WIFI: YES

Reviews for Starbucks @ R.Garden, Bake n Brew @ Xcyte to follow!!!

Edited by jehricaholic

'Bake & Brew' on Soi Xcyte just behind Bukaow. Good food, coffee, cakes and wifi.

agreed 100%

wonderful carrot cake

Here is my first review of Bake & Brew (Soi Xcyte, between Bukaow & 3rd road):

Indoor Ambiance: 7/10 - lovely background music, clean modern interior

People Watching: 6/10 - directly across from a large vacant dirt lot (shopping mall t.b.a)

Value: 6/10

Food Variety: 7/10 - good quality cakes & tarts plus limited hot food assortment

Beverage Variety: 8/10 - smoothies, shakes, blended coffees, etc

Free WIFI: YES

What I ordered :

Caramel Iced Latte Frappe - see below but OK taste

Seafood Fried Rice Noodle - good but over-priced and lacking seafood

Chocolate & Apricot Napoleon - very nice but plate decoration or garnish would have been nice

NEGATIVE: I ordered a frappe and received my coffee beverage iced, a major mistake

BONUS Points: my iced coffee came with additional sugar syrup should I have required a sweeter drink. The drink was properly sweetened already, but I have never, anywhere in the world, been offered such an appropriate condiment for my cold coffee.

Edited by jehricaholic