Hotel/Restaurant Christmas Dinner

jehricaholic

I'm thinking ahead about Christmas and am looking for input as to which venues provide an authentic, quality Christmas spread. If buffet, it should have the following Xmas staples (turkey, brussies, roast potato, Ass't carvery meats, cheese & biscuits, quality sweets (cake, pie). Am I expecting too much for Pattaya?

To the OP, no you are not expecting too much for Pattaya, in fact you can be spoilt for choice if you have a look around.

What I can say is that you'll be pushed to find a half decent Xmas dinner for 295 Baht as mentioned above, most decent Sunday roasts are in this ball park (never mind Xmas dinner).

From personal experience I would recommend you check out Jameson's (Soi AR) and The Queen Vic (Soi 6), both excellent, and been doing it for years! Although you may need to book in advance (proving their popularity).

Don't expect much change out of 1000 Baht though, if you still want all the staples you mention above.

Hope this helps.

Punch and Judy pub is the only place for me. Their sunday roasts are superb so I fully expect an outstanding xmas dinner. It aint cheap but it's only once a year for heavens sake. I went to the pig and whistle last year and it was disgraceful.

Will need to book in advance though.

Punch and Judy pub is the only place for me. Their sunday roasts are superb so I fully expect an outstanding xmas dinner. It aint cheap but it's only once a year for heavens sake. I went to the pig and whistle last year and it was disgraceful.

i went there tonight

they said xmas day dinner was fully booked

i went there tonight

I'm not suprised!

i went there tonight

Where is this place? I love a good Sunday roast. I only ever tried going to the one at Shenanegans @ Avenue, but left after seeing the dreadful mess disguised as a buffet and the ignorance is bliss service staff.

In the past, the LEK hotel had real turkeys, yep bone and carcass on the table being carved. Most places have turkey loafs. Luckily, nobody makes very popular Presed Roast loaves yet! I have had wonderful semi-outdoor dining at the LEK. sitting outside on a warm evening during Christmas was kind of nice, especially since I come from cold part of the USA.

i went there tonight

Where is this place? I love a good Sunday roast. I only ever tried going to the one at Shenanegans @ Avenue, but left after seeing the dreadful mess disguised as a buffet and the ignorance is bliss service staff.

Soi 8, Thepprasit road.....opposite the caddy shack.

That 18 Coins menu comes to 500B for the three courses, and it is only three courses. So not exactly cheap, I think. In fact I think I would rather not bother with it and instead spend just 350B at the Hilton buffet another day.

99B for tomato soup. That doesn't compare well with the dish of the day there for only a few Baht more.

• 3 weeks later...

Jamesons for us this year .. was excellent last year so going again ..

1st sitting is full (midday) however we did not wnat to eat that early anyway ...

so 3pm is great.

the only drawback is they sometimes gets groups of noisy loudmouth falangs with a a bit of bad language ,

the rugby brigade i expect and they seem to forget there can be children around