Hotel/Restaurant Christmas Dinner

jehricaholic

In the past, the LEK hotel had real turkeys, yep bone and carcass on the table being carved. Most places have turkey loafs. Luckily, nobody makes very popular Presed Roast loaves yet! I have had wonderful semi-outdoor dining at the LEK. sitting outside on a warm evening during Christmas was kind of nice, especially since I come from cold part of the USA.

Which LEK? the one downtown Pattaya or the one in Naclua?

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, the LEK hotel had real turkeys, yep bone and carcass on the table being carved. Most places have turkey loafs. Luckily, nobody makes very popular Presed Roast loaves yet! I have had wonderful semi-outdoor dining at the LEK. sitting outside on a warm evening during Christmas was kind of nice, especially since I come from cold part of the USA.

Which LEK? the one downtown Pattaya or the one in Naclua?

The one downtown Pattaya on second road, near Mike's Shopping Mall

I just ate at the Lek hotel on second road because I was lounge lizarding around nearby on Soi Yamato. I can't recommend the Lek buffet. As I had posted before, back in 2004 and 2005 or so it was great and they had real turkey's being carved. Tonight it was pure mediocrity. Some pre sliced turkey load next to some pork loin. Both stone cold. Tomorrow, I think I will go to Tequila Reef. That has been consistent.

I just ate at the Lek hotel on second road because I was lounge lizarding around nearby on Soi Yamato. I can't recommend the Lek buffet. As I had posted before, back in 2004 and 2005 or so it was great and they had real turkey's being carved. Tonight it was pure mediocrity. Some pre sliced turkey load next to some pork loin. Both stone cold. Tomorrow, I think I will go to Tequila Reef. That has been consistent.

sad to hear your food was not so good this year.

nor was ours at jamesons :( .. service from the management as always was very good with Kim trying to move heaven and earth to make it a good day... but :( .. roast potatoes were not cooked enough and seemed like they had quick boiled them them thrown them under a very hot grill (not the same effect) . the mashed spuds were like baby food & sploshed on the plate like you see in prison movies .. had to wipe the plate edges down before eating at it was so watery it was running over the edge. and the worst part was that unless they were trying give a charcoal effect to the meal it had a taste to it (maybee the gravy) that somethign had been burnt.

sorry to say we will look elsewhere next year

As OP, I appreciate these real-time reviews of these Xmas meals. The pre-Xmas postings-recommendations were rather underwhelming so I hope that anyone who had an Xmas meal in a hotel or restaurant can give an honest review here. It will be a great help for next year as there was nothing in the archives about last years offerings.

From what I have gathered thus far from the board, the following places have been reviewed-attended from this year:

Lek H. = POOR (1 Review)

Jamesons R. = POOR (1Review)

Sheraton H. = Excellent (1 Review)

Royal Cliff H. = Very Good (1 review - last year)

Delizza R. = Excellent (1 Review)

18 Coins R. = ....

Tequila Reef R. = ....