Bringing My Tgf To Ireland, Irish Visitor Visa Info

Cheers Lads,

I really appreciate all the answers and suggestions from BM's.

I would like to add that obviously I would prefer to spend more time in Thailand but financially not possible at the moment so that's why I am looking into bringing her over here for a holiday as I could work here too and get a few spondoolaks in as well.

What the Irish authorities want to know (among other things)are...will she leave at the end of her stay,they also want to know that she will not be a burden to the Irish taxpayer....and by god we are heavy taxpayers now. You will have to prove your ability to support her. Is this a genuine relationship? This usually neeeds to be proven for quite a while. Your GF's past employment won't be a shining star in the application as the consul and embassy officials have plenty of experience as to the whether the relationship is genuine or not.

Remember a visa is only permission to travel...not an entry permit. This is determined at the airport.

Your dream is a noble ideal but Thailand is rotten to the core and a very corrupt place, especially if you ever get into trouble and need help. BG's are not known for their truth and honesty. Going back to the farm? How often has this tale been told here? I would thread very, very carefully with this girl. Yes...stay in Thailand for the moment.

Whatever you choose....Good luck! You may need a heck of a lot of it!

Edited by harleyclarkey

Cheers Clarkey,

Again though I am not in love or anything like that and she is going back to her family home with the mosquito's and the chicken's haha, she told me this 6 months ago when we first met that she was out of Pattaya from December 1st and every other time I mentioned it she was adamant she was leaving December 1, TBH I don't mind either way what she does I am only trying to bring her here for a month or so for a holiday that's all.

I know it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for me to go Thailand and that but I want a holiday then come back here and work for more savings while she is here.

Just 2 questions

If I apply for a year settlement visa can she work in Ireland while here?

And does anyone know how she can get a passport in Pattaya or Buriram instead of going to bkk?

1 No. You will have to show strong evidence of ability to support her. This also means health insurance for her. I also don't know of a "year settlement visa". This is often (not always) available to an Irish national married to a non EC national in the non EC country.

There is as far as I am aware just a tourist visa available to her.

DON'T even think of going this route with your BG so quickly. Love is blind but make sure you fully understand where she is at. It may not be where you want her to be and you will end up the loser. Read the countless stories of grief anfd despair here on TV over many years with diabolical encounters/"relationships" with BG's. They are the best in the business at leting you hear what you wnat and manipulating their guys/customers. Remember where and how you met her.

CAREFUL.BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

2. No info.

Edited by harleyclarkey

Cool thanks for the info..................

Believe me I know plenty about the points you are making, I'm not worried at all.

I know of countless stories about BG's and honesty but some times every now and then you just gotta take a chance, sure you only live once(that I know of ha).