Non Immigrant-B Visa

bungalowbill

I will be going to Vientiane soon to apply for a Non-immigrant B for teaching English. I looked at the Thai Embassy(Vientiane) web site and read the list of requirements. Item 4 on the web site says: Copy of police check or certificate of no criminal record. It does not specify if the check should be done from the home country or here in Thailand. I also read the pinned posts here on TV on the subject of police checks. Some posters talk about getting it from a Thai police station and others talk about getting it from their home country. I'm from the US. Does anyone know which one is required by the embassy in Vientiane?

If anyone has applied recently in Vientiane can you tell me what documents you were actually asked for when you applied? Also if anyone has been anywhere else such as Cambodia or Malaysia, or Singapore please advice on the documents required.

Thanks

Bungalow B.

I believe you can get the police clearance from the Royal Thai police. Sometime ago, the process was on their website. It is the main police station in the area of Mah Boon Krong in downtown Bangkok.

If you have one from your home country, that has been acceptable in the past.

In the past, we have not sent prospective teachers to get the non-immigrant B without the documents.

I believe you can get the police clearance from the Royal Thai police. Sometime ago, the process was on their website. It is the main police station in the area of Mah Boon Krong in downtown Bangkok.

If you have one from your home country, that has been acceptable in the past.

In the past, we have not sent prospective teachers to get the non-immigrant B without the documents.

Thanks. Do you think it's possible to get it in Chiang Mai?

• 1 month later...