2012 Ford Escape

Sorry, there were a few Q's I missed :(

Very appropriate name for next year's floods. Does it have high-level air intakes etc.

Nope, it's a softroader. But you were just jesting anyway :)

I must of been misinformed because i was told by several people a soon to be exhausted fund was responsible for some of the relatively low price of diesel.

Sometime it's hard to keep up with Thai politics :) The fund is now being run completely in the red (as is the whole TH economy), until Q3 next year when they've promised to revisit the topic. If the oil fund continues at that time (rather than being just written off), we can expect the prices of all fuels to increase, given the amount of debt that needs to be repaid by then :(

i was talking about the latest Kia sportage.. which came out before this Ford escape.. which is why i thought it looks like the current generation Kia sportage..

Yeah NP - as noted, we've all been deprived of the much nicer Kuga for 3 years now (which is the new Escape's actual predecessor), so no fault on your part for calling it that way :D

This is looking pretty sweet in red. So there's no chance we will see it at the Motor Expo in December? What is the wad height on this kind of vehicle? 600mm or so?

It's highly doubtful we'll get to see it this year, as one would assume the 2012 Focus unveiling/launch has to get piority.. But since the floods there's been a very noticeable sway back to higher riding vehicles when it comes to new car sales, so who knows... Maybe the Escape suddenly becomes a leading product :)

As for wading depth, it's not the kind of spec normally publsihed for softroaders, but I'd expect your guess is reasonably close...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

According to Scandinavian media the presented Escape will be very similar to the next Kuga to be presented in Geneve next year, 8 cm longer than present Kuga.

The 1,6/165? hp is not very likely to be sold in TH. No tax incentives here on displacement below 2000cc or low emission or low fuelconsumption, so the higher manufactoring cost over NA 4 pots cant be defended. 2,0/145hp petrol and 2,0 diesel from Focus most likely engines

I think it looks great, and Ford TH has a very nice product range with Fiesta, soon new Focus, soon new Escape, new Ranger and hopefully Mondeo.

According to Scandinavian media the presented Escape will be very similar to the next Kuga to be presented in Geneve next year, 8 cm longer than present Kuga.

The 1,6/165? hp is not very likely to be sold in TH. No tax incentives here on displacement below 2000cc or low emission or low fuelconsumption, so the higher manufactoring cost over NA 4 pots cant be defended. 2,0/145hp petrol and 2,0 diesel from Focus most likely engines

I think it looks great, and Ford TH has a very nice product range with Fiesta, soon new Focus, soon new Escape, new Ranger and hopefully Mondeo.

Here's my rationale: :)

The Escape has never shared powerplants with the Focus before, and while the Kuga shares the 2.5L gasoline turbo and 2.0L TDCi with the Euro market Focus, it has never been sold with any of the smaller Focus engines..

It would appear that Ford TH haven't had any problems getting their pricing right with the 2.3L in the past, and the (175HP?) 2.5L Duratec won't have any additional excise duties to pay over that, so it's getting my bet ATM ;)

Here's my rationale: :)

The Escape has never shared powerplants with the Focus before, and while the Kuga shares the 2.5L gasoline turbo and 2.0L TDCi with the Euro market Focus, it has never been sold with any of the smaller Focus engines..

It would appear that Ford TH haven't had any problems getting their pricing right with the 2.3L in the past, and the (175HP?) 2.5L Duratec won't have any additional excise duties to pay over that, so it's getting my bet ATM ;)

you could be spot on :)

on the other hand old escape was a (us) design on its own, while new escape is a european focus/kuga/c-max platform, with us trim and soft suspension for escape

so from a logistic point of view the 2,5 is out, but the marketing people may insist on it, so all 3 could be on tap to cover 1,1-1,4 million baht :)