Uk Visitor Visa Application

Hi all.

If anyone has time to reply or experience on this it would be much appreciated. Myself and my Thai GF are going to apply for a visitor visa in the 1st week in January and am in the process of creating a evidence folder for the UK embassy.

Just a bit of history. We met on the 26th June 2011 and plan to apply for visa on 3rd January 2012 which is 6 months. We spent a week together in June/July then 18 nights together in October and I go back for 16 nights in December / January which is when we intend on applying for a visa.

I will bullet point the way I was planning on laying it out and if you could give your opinion it would be much appreciated.

1. Completed VAF1
  2. 2 Passport Photo's Applicant
  3. Passport Applicant
  4. Photocopy Of Thai Identity Card Applicant
  5. Letter explaining intention of trip Applicant
  6. Letter from employment Applicant
  7. 6 Months payslips Applicant
  8. 6 Months bank statement Applicant
  9. Letter of consent from mother Applicant
  10. Paperwork of Family Property Applicant
  11. Health cover Applicant
  12. Travel Insurance Applicant
  13. Letter of invitation Sponsor
  14. Letter from employment Sponsor
  15. 6 Months bank statements Sponsor
  16. 6 Months payslips Sponsor
  17. P60 Sponsor
  18. Photocopy of passport Sponsor
  19. Letter of invitation from Family Sponsor
  20. Address of stay Sponsor
  21. Morgage information Sponsor
  22. Council tax information Sponsor
  23. Proposed flight tickets Sponsor & Applicant
  24. 6 months phone bill itimized Sponsor & Applicant
  25. 6 months emails Sponsor & Applicant
  26. 6 months Skype history Sponsor & Applicant
  27. Messanger conversation Sponsor & Applicant
  28. Hotel check in's Sponsor & Applicant
  29. Flights checkins Sponsor & Applicant
  30. Money Transfers Sponsor to Applicant
  31. Photo's together Sponsor & Applicant
  32. Photo's with family & friends Sponsor & Applicant

So there will be plenty of info there but to just eleaberate on certain bits any advise would be welcome.

5. The applicant will just state how and when we met and that we been in touch everyday since. She has been invited to see my way of life and family and visit places in the UK as she has shown me her way of life family and we have visited places all over Thailand together. Also stating she knows that she needs to abide by all the rules not to jeopardise any future visa applications between us.

6. Letter from her manager to say she has worked there for 16 months and in that time she has been granted 2 months leave to stay with family in Singapore and that they left her job open for her return and are happy to let her have 3 months off to visit England and keep her position open.

9. Her mum will explain she have met myself and my family and is happy for her to stay with us for 3 months knowing that she will be safe and cared for.

10. She has explained to me that there home in the hometown has her Mum, Sis, and Brothers name on some kind of paper which I assume is some kind of deed which will show as some tie to return i hope.

18. Do I photocopy every part and page of my passport and get it signed for proof by someone that it is mine if this is correct who can sign it.

19. My parents are going to Phuket on holiday and are planning on meeting her and her mother for dinner for the evening so they can state in there letter they have met and are looking forward to her coming to stay to get to know her better.

20. Myself and my girlfriend will stay at my parents which they are happy to let us so they need to prove they have a 3 bed house with a room for them and a room for us.

21. Proof they own a 3 bedroom property ( with photo's )

23. Print out of flights we plan to travel to england on if visa approved

24. Proof of hour phone call per day and all text messages sent

25. Lots of emails sent from her to me

26. All Skype chat and call duration

27. Whatsapp iPhone chat ( free text messages ) 50 a day itimized each way

28. Hotel check in info of about 8-12 different hotels in different places in Thailand

29. Flight check in for 5-6 various flights In Thailand

30. 6 months of money transfers once a month

31. Photo's together in different places in different clothes on different days.

32. Various photo's with myself and all her family and friends in different places at different times. Photo's with her and her mum with my parents.

I know I have covered a lot and any feedback would be great......

Do you think my sequencing is correct or should it be laid out differently. I was thinking of putting it all into a folder indexed 1-32. Do they keep the folder or pull all the paper work out of the folder. So many questions I guess I will just learn

If you been brave enough to read this and reply I can't thank you enough.

From your list:-

6;

You say that she has only been there for 16 months and despite already being given 2 months leave in that time her employer is willing to grant her another 3 months. This would be unusual in the UK, but in Thailand even more so when you consider that most Thai employees only get 2 to 3 weeks holiday a year! Her employers should say why they are being so generous and be prepared for someone from the embassy to phone them and check. If the letter is written in English the embassy will expect to talk to the author in English and will be very suspicious if that person cannot do so.

9;

Not needed unless she is under 18.

10;

Not needed unless she owns or has a legal share in the property and is also named on the Chanote; the paper you refer to. Being named on the Tabien Baan is not enough, as this merely shows that she lives there.

7, 8, 14, 15, 16 & 17;

Whoever is paying for or contributing toward the cost of the trip needs to show that they can afford to do so.

If she is paying for the whole trip, just her payslips and bank statements are needed.

If you are paying for the whole trip then just your pay slips and bank statements are enough, a letter from your employer and your last P60 are not needed.

If you are both contributing, then evidence from both of you.

18;

You only need copy the ID page and any pages with Thai entry or exit stamps on them, although it wont hurt to copy the blank pages as well to show that they are blank. You can self certify by writing on each copy "I (full name) certify that this is a true copy of (page number) of British passport number (xxxxxxxxx). Signed and dated."

22;

Not needed. They only need to provide evidence that they own the property, a mortgage statement is fine for this. A council tax statement is not proof of ownership.

24, 25, 26 & 27;

You don't need the contents of emails etc, simply show that they have taken place.

31 & 32;

Not too many, a selection. About 30 max in total.

Whilst I am a firm believer that it is better to provide too much than too little, you don't want to swamp the Entry Clearance Officer with a pile of documents to wade through; because they wont. ECO's only have about 5 to 10 minutes to look at, judge and decide on each application. Give them too many unnecessary documents to wade through and they could miss something vital.