Flood Damaged Cars

wandrinstar

Well there's flooded and then there's really flooded. Last March I got caught by a flood at Muang Thing Thani - surprisingly one of the few places dry during the current flood. The carpet got soaked. I guess the water was 30-40 cm. 2000 baht to get fixed - removal of carpet, cleaned and ozone treated. Good as new. I doubt people will sell their cars with this level of damage though. Like others said, there could be a glut of sodden cars on the market over the next few months. Seems even we need to be wary of new car dealers too, but most of the flooded show rooms I saw seemed to have their stock removed. However I reckon some in Pathum Thani may have gotten caught as the flood came fast in Thai area. Quite a number of second hand dealers got caught too - saw the only decent car on- the lot, 10 feet off the ground at one near my place - a older nissan skyline:) An older benz and a bunch of vans were left to swim for it.

Thats a good point culicine I was only thinking of the new cars but many second hand cars must have suffered the same fate.

The situation for the people who buy a second hand soaker will most probably be worse as they will not have the new car warranty :unsure:

Well there's flooded and then there's really flooded. Last March I got caught by a flood at Muang Thing Thani - surprisingly one of the few places dry during the current flood. The carpet got soaked. I guess the water was 30-40 cm. 2000 baht to get fixed - removal of carpet, cleaned and ozone treated. Good as new. I doubt people will sell their cars with this level of damage though. Like others said, there could be a glut of sodden cars on the market over the next few months. Seems even we need to be wary of new car dealers too, but most of the flooded show rooms I saw seemed to have their stock removed. However I reckon some in Pathum Thani may have gotten caught as the flood came fast in Thai area. Quite a number of second hand dealers got caught too - saw the only decent car on- the lot, 10 feet off the ground at one near my place - a older nissan skyline:) An older benz and a bunch of vans were left to swim for it.

Thats a good point culicine I was only thinking of the new cars but many second hand cars must have suffered the same fate.

The situation for the people who buy a second hand soaker will most probably be worse as they will not have the new car warranty :unsure:

I check taladrod.com regularly and haven't noticed a significant increase in the number of secondhand cars yet - the total number is listed on the front page of the site. lets see what it looks like in the new year:)

All Valid Points. I will add if my Wife's Old Mom n Pop,had seen the Nissan Mr Undercover mentioned and it was the right Colour and Price, they would have bought it , as would any trusting Old Person. Im sure Nissan Management would love to Vist the Dealer in question. That aint funny at all. angry.gif

I don't think Rayong has been flooded,so the car must have been delivered in this condition to the dealer by the Nissan management.

Or the dealer has links with another in the flood zone. :(