90 Day Reprt Queery

I had to evacuate from my Bangkok home and currently staying in Nakhon Pathom. My 90 day address report is due 24 Nov. I bumped into another expat last Thursday who lives in Nakhon Pathom, does his reporting in Nakhon Pathom, but he had just come back from trying to do his 90 day report at the Nakhon Pathom Immigration Office but couldn't because it was flooded/closed. He said he was going to the Kanchanaburi Office to do his report instead. So, on Friday we both went to the Kanchanaburi Office to do our 90 day address report...and his Thai wife tagged alone.

The Kanchanaburi Office would "not" accept a report from either of us. They told my new friend that the Nakhon Pathom Immigration office had temporarily moved to a few rooms in a university and he must report there. For me, since I'm temporarily stating in Nakhon Pathom due to the flooding that I must report there since I can't get to Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok. My friend's Thai wife also tried to get the Kanchanaburi Office to allow us to report there citing our flooding situation, but it was no, no, no, sorry.

So, I came back to Nakhon Pathom with the phone number of the Nakhon Pathom Immigration office temporary location and my Thai wife calls first to ensure I can report there. The Nakhon Pathom office said I would first have to submit the Change of Address form along with a copy of my wife's Mom's Blue Book/Tabien Baan...we are staying at Dear Ol' Mom's place; then I could do the address reporting right after that.

So, I decided rather than changing my address in order to do my report and then having to change the address back once I return to Bangkok, I would just mail in my report by registered/EMS mail. I mailed the package from Ban Pong, Province of Ratchaburi post office on Monday afternoon/2:45pm and the online EMS tracking shows it arrived/delivered to Bangkok Immigration on Wednesday morning/ 11:49am. Yeap, delivered within 24 hours at a total cost of approx 80 baht which included the 10 baht stamp on the enclosed self-addressed return envelope.

So, my response (and my new friend's response) of can you report at any immigration office would definitely be no. And yes, we were all smiles at the Kanchanaburi Immigration Office...they just would not accept our address reports since we didn't live in Kanchanaburi. Heck, although I live in Bangkok I live within a 15 minute drive of the Nanthaburi Immigration Office and have asked them before (about a year ago) if I can do my 90 day address reporting there--they said no...I must use Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok. Long live this 90 day address exercise in bureaucracy and tree killing....but it is the law.

I had to evacuate from my Bangkok home and currently staying in Nakhon Pathom. My 90 day address report is due 24 Nov. I bumped into another expat last Thursday who lives in Nakhon Pathom, does his reporting in Nakhon Pathom, but he had just come back from trying to do his 90 day report at the Nakhon Pathom Immigration Office but couldn't because it was flooded/closed. He said he was going to the Kanchanaburi Office to do his report instead. So, on Friday we both went to the Kanchanaburi Office to do our 90 day address report...and his Thai wife tagged alone.

The Kanchanaburi Office would "not" accept a report from either of us. They told my new friend that the Nakhon Pathom Immigration office had temporarily moved to a few rooms in a university and he must report there. For me, since I'm temporarily stating in Nakhon Pathom due to the flooding that I must report there since I can't get to Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok. My friend's Thai wife also tried to get the Kanchanaburi Office to allow us to report there citing our flooding situation, but it was no, no, no, sorry.

So, I came back to Nakhon Pathom with the phone number of the Nakhon Pathom Immigration office temporary location and my Thai wife calls first to ensure I can report there. The Nakhon Pathom office said I would first have to submit the Change of Address form along with a copy of my wife's Mom's Blue Book/Tabien Baan...we are staying at Dear Ol' Mom's place; then I could do the address reporting right after that.

So, I decided rather than changing my address in order to do my report and then having to change the address back once I return to Bangkok, I would just mail in my report by registered/EMS mail. I mailed the package from Ban Pong, Province of Ratchaburi post office on Monday afternoon/2:45pm and the online EMS tracking shows it arrived/delivered to Bangkok Immigration on Wednesday morning/ 11:49am. Yeap, delivered within 24 hours at a total cost of approx 80 baht which included the 10 baht stamp on the enclosed self-addressed return envelope.

So, my response (and my new friend's response) of can you report at any immigration office would definitely be no. And yes, we were all smiles at the Kanchanaburi Immigration Office...they just would not accept our address reports since we didn't live in Kanchanaburi. Heck, although I live in Bangkok I live within a 15 minute drive of the Nanthaburi Immigration Office and have asked them before (about a year ago) if I can do my 90 day address reporting there--they said no...I must use Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok. Long live this 90 day address exercise in bureaucracy and tree killing....but it is the law.

I've sent mine on the 4th of November to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration and my EMS tracking still shows it undelivered because the place is closed down. And yours was delivered in 24 hours? :shock1:

I live on Ngamwongwan Road which is parallel to Chaeng Wattana, I could get there in minutes, but I live on the side of the Khlong which belongs to Nonthaburi, so have to go to Bangyai.

At the moment my temporary office is in Suan Phlu

As addiitonal FYI, for those of your who haven't used the Thai Postal system EMS service, it can move mail really fast and you can track it along the way. As mentioned about, I mailed my 90 day address reporting package to Chaeng Wattana/Laksi/Bangkok Immigration on 14 Nov/Monday afternoon from Ban Pong Post Office in the nearby Province of Ratchaburi and the package was delivered/signed for on 15 Nov/Tuesday morning. See attached EMS tracking cut and paste for more info.

post-55970-0-34822200-1321519477_thumb.j

90 day report?

AFAIK you have to fill in a form with an address without proving that it is your actual address (right?)

So, act as if your nose is bleeding, do the routine and that's that.

If you ask first: "Am I allowed to report here instead of xxxxxxxxx ?" Then the answer will be NO.

I live on Ngamwongwan Road which is parallel to Chaeng Wattana, I could get there in minutes, but I live on the side of the Khlong which belongs to Nonthaburi, so have to go to Bangyai.

At the moment my temporary office is in Suan Phlu

Actually for those who live in Nonthaburi, the old office in the middle of the rice field is closed but the 90 day reporting is now being done at an old shophouse next to a gas station at the intersection of Soi samakee and Tiawanon. I did it yesterday, one lady with a table and chair in the middle of a bare room. she didn't ask for any paperwork just took my old 90 day slip and wrote over it. lol. in and out in 5 minutes!

Greg

Thanks for the advice guys, it would appear that I should return to Bangkok to be on the safe side, our holiday house is only 85 kms from Bangkok, so I can also check the water level in our estate at the same time. Which begs the next question, does anyone know if I can drive my usual route along Ramintra Road then around the round about to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office. Once again thanks.

Unless you are driving a truck (high) or bus Chiang Watanna is severely flooded and can not be accessed by anything but bus and military vehicles so you would have to use them. They have opened the old Suan Plu and have full facilities for all actions there. You enter at left front door and get queue/form and proceed to other end of building and go up stairs to 90 day area (many signs) and I did today taking about 10 minutes. Ramintra is also flooded but most is drying out but I would not try using. Go to Suan Plu.