Entering Thailand With One Way Ticket

MOVING TO THAILAND BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR ,AND PLAN ON STAYING 2 YEARS BEFORE FLYING BACK TO AUS FOR CONSTRUCTION WORK JOBS,WONDERING IS IT OK TO ENTER THAILAND WITH A ONE WAY AIR TICKET AS ITS A WASTE OF MONEY GETTING A RETURN WHICH ONLY LASTS 12 MONTHS

Please do not post in all capitals, it is difficult to read and is considered as shouting.

What kind of visa will you have in order to enter Thailand? Without one you are likely to be prevented from boarding your flight.

Moving to the Visas forum.

Me and the Mrs had a problem at Heathrow recently because we didn't have an onward ticket when flying to Bangkok.

We had to purchase a ticket from Bangkok to Mumbai with Jet which was later cancelled and reimbursed (-1200 Baht).

The airline will not let you fly unless you have a visa to live or work in Thailand because they face a huge fine by Thai immigration.

Even after explaining that we live and work in Laos and my car was in Bangkok airport, therefore I will be driving over the border the next day, they still refused.