What Kind Of Visa?

reg3

Hello,

I use to go France with my thaie wife and our children (both nationality french/thai) for 1 month every two years

they used to travel with thai passport and 1 shengen visa.

But some body tell me they can just GO OUT Thailand with thai passport (without shengen visa) and GO IN France by show French ID card :whistling:

Some one can confirm or experimented already?

Reg3

Indeed that is no problem. Simply leave and enter on the Thai passport and enter and leave France on the French passport. At the airline you show both passporrts to confirm no visa is required and that is it.

Dual nationality is allowed. A French ID-card would probably also be OK, as it confirms they are French nationals.

Only at landborders with surrounding countries would it not be possible, as immigraiton of both countries would look for entry/exit stamps for the other country.

Thanks Mario2008,

I don't have any more french passport for my children because they never use it and it's have a cost, french ID is free B)

When I ask in french consul they say the best thing for my children (thai/french) it's to travel with thai passport and shengen visa on

but for my wife they said (I never try it when the card is valide, know I regret) she no need visa because she get a 10 years residence permit...

So it's mean french national ID card have less value than temporary card for foreigners :blink::annoyed::o

Reg3

France cannot deny entry to it's own nationals, and the ID-card proofs they are French nationals.

But be sure to check with the airline if they will board them without a visa or will insist on having a French passport instead of a French ID-card.