How About Flood And Weather In Thailand Now

andrewyau

Dear all,

I plan to go to Thailand at the end of November or beginning of December, 2011. But I am worrying about the flood in Thailand.

Can anyone tell me the situation of flood in Thailand now?

If I travel to Bangkok, Pattaya, or even Chiang Mai, is it ok?

In Bangkok, I plan to go to Grand Palace, etc. In Pattaya, the beach. etc

How about this? Are shops, restaurants, hotels openned now?

Thanks.

Andrew

Water levels have reduced, Pattaya was never affected, Chiangmai is okay no problems there.

Bangkok along the River is still a little problematic but that will soon disappear. In BKK all hotels downtown are open, all restaurants and shopping malls open, so do not worry about that.

sunshine and great weather since weeks. Flood is still there but not in the center. Shops, restaurants are open, in some flooded areas it might not be the case.

As for your planed trip I see nothing what would hinder you in any way.

Edited by yannic

Water levels have reduced, Pattaya was never affected, Chiangmai is okay no problems there.

Bangkok along the River is still a little problematic but that will soon disappear. In BKK all hotels downtown are open, all restaurants and shopping malls open, so do not worry about that.

Thanks. Your reply makes me much relieved.

sunshine and great weather since weeks. Flood is still there but not in the center. Shops, restaurants are open, in some flooded areas it might not be the case.

As for your planed trip I see nothing what would hinder you in any way.

Thanks for your reply.

Totally wrong swiss. The Govt. and the tourist industry are desperate for tourists. The stupid western media and idiots like you ,have done so much damage due to idiotic and wrong reporting.For one, they say Bangkok Airport is flooded .No planes in or out. Wrong, Bangkok Airport is Don Muang ,no longer an International airport, and has not been for many years. Tourists have been deliberately misled. Swampy has NO flood problems, at all. Further more there is NO disease problems . as yet in Thailand. They may well come in the Eastern suburbs, but these are not tourist areas.,As yet, I repeat, NO disease problems. No problems outside of Bangkok .All the Islands suffered nothing from the floods. Chiang Mai and the North , are totally bereft of Flood water ,as is Isarn. So swiss ,do try to be a trifle more honest ,in your reporting. Try reporting the truth. It may actually help so many people who are suffering, through no fault of their own.

Totally wrong swiss. The Govt. and the tourist industry are desperate for tourists. The stupid western media and idiots like you ,have done so much damage due to idiotic and wrong reporting.For one, they say Bangkok Airport is flooded .No planes in or out. Wrong, Bangkok Airport is Don Muang ,no longer an International airport, and has not been for many years. Tourists have been deliberately misled. Swampy has NO flood problems, at all. Further more there is NO disease problems . as yet in Thailand. They may well come in the Eastern suburbs, but these are not tourist areas.,As yet, I repeat, NO disease problems. No problems outside of Bangkok .All the Islands suffered nothing from the floods. Chiang Mai and the North , are totally bereft of Flood water ,as is Isarn. So swiss ,do try to be a trifle more honest ,in your reporting. Try reporting the truth. It may actually help so many people who are suffering, through no fault of their own.

+1 smile.gif

So what about hotel reservation fully booked and 2 ways return.?

come to Thailand and see by yourself, we are not welcome here anymore...

Who is the idiot now? You think they still give free visa? If they give free visa tomorrow,I will tell you were right and I was wrong. Until now, they don't want us,its a fact.

Edited by swisstouristpattaya

Hi all. Was going to post a topic similar to this, but will butt in on this one.

Nice to hear the flooding is receding, I'm thinking I will get to Thailand mid January. Head up to Chiang Mai, and do a side trip to laos, and then down to Phuket for a day or two.

Opinions please.

I hear the Thai governernment is mumbling something about attracting tourists ( again). Given this, is there any likelyhood that flights may become cheaper, or do i just go ahead and book now?

And, not really so relavent, but how is the Baht staying so strong, surely the flooding must have weaked the economy a little bit, or is the pound loosing value equally as quickly?

Thanks all.

So what about hotel reservation fully booked and 2 ways return.?

come to Thailand and see by yourself, we are not welcome here anymore...

Who is the idiot now? You think they still give free visa? If they give free visa tomorrow,I will tell you were right and I was wrong. Until now, they don't want us,its a fact.

Sorry to have to say it ,but you are still the idiot. Where is this shortage of accomodation? AsBangkok dries out many are already returning. I live in Buriram Province, we have had many "escapees" from the flooded areas ,now returning home. To Greater Bangkok. Funny ,we had maybe 100 Bkk. taxis come here Accommodation?We even hadBKK> Tuk-TUKs !!! Nobody has mentioned ANY problems,any where in Thailand, as of now, even Pattaya. The Govt. is about to embark on a multi million Baht programme advertising Thailand to the world, as a safe and wonderful place to visit. We have many tourists arriving in Bkk. in the next few weeks, NOT one has had an accommodation problem.Anywhere. I have ave about 6 "Farang" visiting me in the next 3 weeks 99 % coming through Swampy, which was ,contrary to certain idiotic " Farang" spouting DOOM and Gloom ,which was picked up by the "FOREIGN "media and presented as "gospel" by them". So "idiotic " cease and desist with your messages of Doom and Gloom. It might be nice to post something positive ,to help those ,whose livelihoods were destroyed. And who are massively suffering.It is called "Humanity"