Lost Arrival Card

I have a 3 month non im-b visa and a work permit.

I went to Phuket immigration today to apply for a 1 year business visa.

Unfortunately, i have lost my arrival card.....

My passport has the actual stamp that i received at the airport, but Phuket Immigration told me today, i must also have an arrival card, or they cannot give me my business visa........

Does anyone know if i would be able to get a replacement at the airport.

I would be more than happy to pay "tea money" to resolve this problem....

I'm due back at Phuket Immigration on Monday.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

You should be able to get a new arrival card at immigration, it happens all the time. Since they didn't help you straight away, maybe indeed go to the airforce and ask immigration there for a replacement. They will be able to find you arrrivalcard number, if you don't have a copy yourself, with the help of your arrival date.

You should be able to get a new arrival card at immigration, it happens all the time. Since they didn't help you straight away, maybe indeed go to the airforce and ask immigration there for a replacement. They will be able to find you arrrivalcard number, if you don't have a copy yourself, with the help of your arrival date.

Many thanks Mario!

I'm going to take one of my thai staff, and also all the paperwork for my visa to the airport, so that they can see i have a valid reason for a duplicate card.

I'll also take some extra cash......just incase...

Thanks again.

I lost my arrivals card a few months ago and went to Phuket Immigration who told me to go to a police station and make a report that it had been lost.

Did that and when I presented the report and passport to airport immigration in departures they got me to fill out another card. No problem.

i lost mine once and i just went to leave thailand and they looked me up on the computer and wrote me out a new one , no need for police reports etc.

The police report depends on the office. Some do require it.

If you here as a tourist people can just turn up at the airport and they will help you there. But if you are on an extension of stay, you need a new one as you need the arrival card for doing 90 day reprots and your extension of stay.

In addition, immigration sometimes makes mistakes with the arrival card and can't find a record. In that case you might miss your plane, unless they can find your details on time for you to catch the plane.

A friend of mine had lost hers but didn't realize it until she went to do a 90 day report in CM. She's an older lady, and a bit confused at times. A lady from CM Immigration went with her to the CM airport in a tuk-tuk, where they looked up incoming flight info from big, handwritten record books and found her arrival card number. They created a new one for her at the CM airport.

It was fortunate that my friend had last entered the country and cleared customs and immigration in CM, not Bangkok. The Immigration people said she would have had to go to Swampy if she had last cleared customs and immigration there.

So, no police report, and the lady from Immigration served as the interpreter at the CM airport. Obviously, as with everything concerning immigration offices, policies are different at different offices and probably with different officers at the same office.

I once traveled overland into Laos. I had my passport & Laos Visa but had left the arrival card at home (not everybody staples the card in your passport, plus at the time I didn't realize how important it was). Anyways... I told them the truth, they looked annoyed but after 10 minutes wait, with them making a phone call and waiting for a fax copy of the arrival card, I had a photocopy of the original stapled into my passport and I was on my way, no additional fees/fines paid.

I think those of you lose the card are better off saying you left it at home, thus avoiding the potential side-trip to a police station to file a lost document report.

When I got home I threw the copy in the garbage as I still had the original. No issue when I left the country at a later date, whereas a photocopy may raise a red flag on the way out.

As you give your card to immigration on departure and receive a new arrival card on each entry the above does not make sense to me. How did your exit Thailand without giving them your old card and how did you enter without getting a new card?

I just had the same problem. What I did was write to the Emigration Services and sent them a "Lost Passport" form with the Arrival card (TM-6?), saying it was lost. In less than a week, a woman called me from emigration and told me what my arrival card number is! She said I did not need the card but that the number is most important. Also, your last card that you got when you went on your visa run is a new number and it should be the one that you use.

I am very impressed with the service I got. I sent my letter to Bangkok, during the floods, and wondered what would happen. I sent in everything: copy of my passport, the forms an SASE and the whole nine yards. When she called me, she told me that she did so because there was no need for her to return everything as I only needed the number. I mailed my forms on a Thursday evening and she called me on Wednesday morning very early!

So, there is a practical answer if you have the time do to so.

Take care,

Anyse

Gosh! Australian immigration would probably have you in jail/detention center in a minute! They're too busy watching you from behind one way mirrors to explain or help travellers, if you're old and white, you're a pedephile, if you're young you're a druggie and if you're an asian woman, God forbid! you've got to be a whore! :angry:

Gosh! Australian immigration would probably have you in jail/detention center in a minute! They're too busy watching you from behind one way mirrors to explain or help travellers, if you're old and white, you're a pedephile, if you're young you're a druggie and if you're an asian woman, God forbid! you've got to be a whore! :angry:

I reckon you're being a bit harsh.

I frequently enter Sydney with and without my wife who is an asian woman and I've not once observed this attitude from officers there. I'm rising 50 and white. I refuse to believe that they assume me a pedaphile, nor my asian wife a whore. When my young adult daughter returned to Sydney from visiting me here in LOS she didn't mentioned to me that she'd been treated like a druggie.

I didn't know they used one-way mirrors for observation, but both Immigration and Customs do have officers standing around looking like they're doing bugger-all. They are in fact disceetly 'profiling' and they're get pretty good at picking out the dodgies.

Off topic I know. Please forgive.

• 1 month later...

andrew55

.... I frequently enter Sydney with and without my wife who is an asian woman and I've not once observed this attitude from officers there. I'm rising 50 and white. I refuse to believe that they assume me a pedophile, nor my asian wife a whore. When my young adult daughter returned to Sydney from visiting me here in LOS she didn't mentioned to me that she'd been treated like a druggie.

.... I didn't know they used one-way mirrors for observation, but both Immigration and Customs do have officers standing around looking like they're doing bugger-all. They are in fact discretely 'profiling' and they're incredibly good at picking out the dodgies ....

You're spot on. Despite that poor ol' Aus is slipping inexorably incrementally toward being the world's "best" modern model of a unelected-elitist-authoritarian-regulatory-bureaucrat-controlled centrally-planned fascistic state since Mussolini's Italy - the attitudes of most of its functionaries are -- unless provoked -- extremely polite and oft-time very pleasant. Kinda reminiscent of The Borg.

Arriving in Aus is always a pleasant experience smile.png -- and so is leaving. biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

When I lost mine I just had to fill in a new one (both sides), they sighed and asked where, but i think they can look them up on the computer if you have a visa number, i cant remember if it was at airport or not, so might be different if its a small border town with no computers.

Edited by matt111