5% , 40%, 95% Of Customs Paid?

karlos

I have always been curious as to how sellers of large displacement motorbikes pay random percentages of tax on their motorcycles? I have seen so many adverts online stating '95%!!!' '99%!!!' and some stating '20%' or lower paid. I just can't get my head around the logic of it all..... But this is Thailand. :D

are you referring to the import tax, VAT or excise tax they had to pay to get the bike into Thailand or the tax the buyer has to pay when buying a big bike?

Sorry i should have written excise instead of customs tax :)

I just don't understand how people can pay what ever they feel like, shouldn't it be pay it or not, no inbetweens...

are you referring to the import tax, VAT or excise tax they had to pay to get the bike into Thailand or the tax the buyer has to pay when buying a big bike?

I just don't understand how people can pay what ever they feel like, shouldn't it be pay it or not, no inbetweens...

In Thailand everything is negotiable. TiT :jap:

In Thailand everything is negotiable. TiT :jap:

As i thought lol :D