Motorcycle Rental Shop In Patong

jay1980

Your hotel or guesthouse will probably have bikes for rent. If not, just about every massage, tailor, guesthouse and copy Nike/Addidas/Prada shophouse rents them. They will all want to hold your passport because you are a tourist. Tell them you don't have your passport because your getting a visa. Offer them a copy and a large deposit and eventually you may find someone willing to rent to you. It helps to prove to them where you are staying, but beware a common scam is to steal the motorbike from you then make you pay. After a few days the same motorbike will reappear and be for rent again. :blink:

Edited by ScubaBuddha

beware a common scam is to steal the motorbike from you then make you pay. After a few days the same motorbike will reappear and be for rent again. :blink:

Thanks for the reply

I am aware of this scam which is why I am asking on the forum

cheers

beware a common scam is to steal the motorbike from you then make you pay. After a few days the same motorbike will reappear and be for rent again.

Is it a common scam or a common tale on the net?

Happened to one of our tenants. Rental people came round to say the bike was stolen before they even knew it was gone. Not a'net' story, real life experience.

beware a common scam is to steal the motorbike from you then make you pay. After a few days the same motorbike will reappear and be for rent again.

Happened to one of our tenants. Rental people came round to say the bike was stolen before they even knew it was gone. Not a'net' story, real life experience.

Thanks, that is the first time I have heard this from a reliable source. Where was the bike rented?

this scam happened to my mate last year we hired bikes from a shop on corner of junction near beach .somebody stole his bike from outside hotel .bike shop owner wanted £900 or he wouldnt give passports back we went to police station .explained what was happening .we had to give police £400 to get passport back .hotel owner told us this happens regular.pity he didnt warn us before

In the end I rented a Yamaha Novo Elegance that was in fairly good shape for 300 baht a day from a nice Japanese Lady near my guest house in Soi Paradise Hotel. She has smaller bikes for 200 baht per day also.

Her number is 0831203153

She did not ask to keep my passport or for a deposit and there were no issues on return of the bike.

Many thanks for the advise.

Get a flat tire, and they will try and soak you for a lot of $ too.

I would never call the rental person for a flat, better just fix at a small thai bike shop roadside for 200 baht

cheers

What 200 baht !! A tube patch 10 or 20 baht, a new inner tube 100 baht, 120 baht at most.

Get a flat tire, and they will try and soak you for a lot of $ too.

I would never call the rental person for a flat, better just fix at a small thai bike shop roadside for 200 baht

cheers

What 200 baht !! A tube patch 10 or 20 baht, a new inner tube 100 baht, 120 baht at most.

Oh the horror, how will he sleep knowing that he overpaid by a couple of dollars?