Kitchen Sink & Bathroom Sink Repair Service

bvsrr

Hi,I rented a condo in BKK and both kitchen sink & bathroom sink is not draining water. The condo guy tried his level best to repair but said there is a blocakge in the tube which is inside the wall and has to be repaired by a professional. He could not give any reference. I am unable to contact my landlord either (he seems to have travelling abroad). With my inability to speak Thai, i am finding difficult to find a service person. Can anyone provide me contact of the repair services, to whom i can approach? Thank you.

If it was me I would be knocking on your neighbours or talking to anyone in that or around that place about your landlord to try and phone him, talk to that condo guy, dont want to worry you but it's his responsibility to fix it.

Some phrases in Thai that might help.

Som ang lang jan die mai - Can you fix the kitchen sink

Som ang apanam die mai - Can you fix the bathroom sink

pom yaak torhar jaokong crup - I want to phone the owner

joakong gap tee nee murrai - When will the owner return here

If you get angry (do this with a smile and use this if you are getting nothing)

Mai jai condo dare som nam jai die - I am not paying for the condo but fix the water I will pay

I hope all goes well

Also if you have to fix it now, find a plumber and keep the receipt so when you come to pay for your rent you can take what you paid for the sinks, plumbing off your rent

How to find a plumber

Pee crup, hong kruwa seeya gor hong nam seeya kun lu jaak chang mai - Hi, kitchen and bathroom are broken, do you know an engineer (plumber)

or phone the plumber

pom yaak tor har chang crup - I want to phone the plumber

Edited by benbear

Chances are someone has been pouring cooking oil down the kitchen sink. You can get drain cleaner to remove the blockage.

I'd try that before hiring anyone.

Or, if you are at all handy, you can get a long wire with a special end to poke down the pipe and manually clear a blockage. Available at hardware places.

• 2 weeks later...