Thaicom/Truevisions Lnb Settings For Dreambox

johnlk

Hi all, I have been trying to set up my Dreambox 500s with a locally bought Truevisions dish and LNB for the last few days, but have now found that I need to adjust the settings in the Dreambox for the LNB to work.

After googling I could find no answers so I hope that someone here can help.

It is a genuine Dreambox 500s with a recent Gemini image.

Many thanks.

Didn't know that it was illegal, you can buy it on the net for 33 GBP. Sorry, just trying to answer the OPs question

I thought that Dreambox was illegal, so therefore against TV Rules to post about.

But maybe am getting old!!!!!!!!!

Depends on the use, card sharing is illegal but nothing wrong using Dreambox with genuine paid subscription (card) from True. Many do this to have PVR function and overall better box than the ones True sell you with the dish.

Edited by MJo

Thanks guys,

I've since found the settings I needed (11300, 11300 and 12000 and 22Ghz tirned off) since posting and have aligned my dish correctly now.

Some of the settings were found in anohter post here on TV, I just had to google a bit more to find out the rest.

My Dreambox is now showing me the channels I am entitled to, ie the free ones, as i don't have a True subscribtion and I don't cardshare. The Dreambox does have many capabilities, but of course, I am just using mine as a regular satellite receiver :)

Depends on the use, card sharing is illegal but nothing wrong using Dreambox with genuine paid subscription (card) from True. Many do this to have PVR function and overall better box than the ones True sell you with the dish.

Makes you wonder how that is possible if the True cards are matched to the True box and won't work elsewhere?

Makes you wonder how that is possible if the True cards are matched to the True box and won't work elsewhere?

If

Used to run true card on my Dreambox just fine.

Other perfectly legal use is to use them to watch free to air channels that does not require paid subscription.

And just to add is it legal for True to keep the refundable deposits when you discontinue your subscription or move house and cancel old and get new one in your new place ?

Or to say they don't refund the deposit but will credit it if you continue your subscription. What ever that means....