Letter From Thaksin Shinawatra

Lite Beer

Thaksin: Govt not do anything to benefit me especially

The Nation

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has call on Thais to have reconciliation and express confidence that government of his sister will not do anything to benefit him especially.

He was referring to the draft royal decree to seek royal pardon for convicts on His Majesty the King's birthday.

Following is his letter written in English sent to the media:

Dubai, U.A.E.

20 November 2011

Dear Fellow Thai People,

As our country has been going through a crisis from the big flood, I am concerned and want our country and all Thai people to pass through this crisis quickly and that requires harmony and reconciliation in our country in order to overcome this natural disaster. I support all measures that will lead to national reconciliation and do not want to see any attempt that will sour the atmosphere and I am prepared to sacrifice my personal happiness even though I have not received justice during the last five years. I will be patient for the sake of the people.

As the Royal Decree which will provide for annual royal pardon is being proposed and as H.M. the King will become 84 years' old this year, and as there has been rumor that my name will be included in the list of individuals to be proposed for royal pardon, I trust in the principle that the government will not do anything that will benefit me or any individual specifically. Moreover, any action to be taken during this period of time must be merely taken so as to bring national reconciliation to our country and to overcome the crisis due to national disaster from big flood.

As H.M. the King has been ill, we must certainly not make H.M. the King worried and I am confident that our Prime Minister shares my belief and intention.

With respect to Thai people who have supported and cared for me, please don't be disappointed as when the light of justice emerges, all will be settled as the country will not be under the state of conflict forever.

Finally, I call upon all parties who truly love Thailand to know the words "forgive and forget" by forgiving each other and forget the past in order to face new dimensions of tomorrow for the sake of our country and younger generations.

With Best Regards

Police Lt. Col. Thaksin Shinawatra

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-20

news_img_420345_1.jpg

http://www.bangkokbiznews.com/home/detail/politics/politics/20111120/420345/%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99!%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%93%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A9.html

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he says "I have not received justice during the last five years", does he mean that he is sorry that he hasn't been able to face the court for the other 17 outstanding charges?

If so, then he really shouldn't have run away. Only got himself to blame.

Thaksin Writes Open Letter Supporting All Measures for National Reconciliation

On his personal Facebook page, Noppadon Pattama, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra’s legal advisor, posted an open letter from Thailand’s former leader dated November 20, 2011. The letter was written in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

In the handwritten letter, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra says he is concerned for all Thais going through the current flood crisis and hopes they will all get through it soon. In dealing with the crisis, Thailand must unite in efforts to overcome this natural disaster.

Thaksin says he is supportive of all national reconciliation measures and does not want to see anything come in the way of such attempts at unity. He says he is ready to sacrifice his personal happiness for everyone, despite having been treated unfairly for more than five years.

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra writes about this year’s proposed royal pardon on the occasion of His Majesty the King’s 84th birthday that it is rumored that he is included on the list. He says he believes the government will not do anything which will benefit any one person in particular, including himself. He writes that anything done during this period should focus on bringing about national reconciliation and measures to overcome the current flood crisis.

He goes on to say that since His Majesty the King is not feeling well, we all should refrain from doing anything that may cause him more concern. Thaksin says he is confident that the Thai Prime Minister (Yingluck Shinawatra) also shares his views.

He writes to those who support him not to be disappointed as the truth will someday become clear and that Thailand cannot continue in a state of disunity forever.

Former Prime Miniser Thaksin then demands that all parties who claim to truly love Thailand to embrace the meaning of “FORGIVE AND FORGET”. He tells them to forget the past and move forward for the benefit of the country and our future generations.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-20

footer_n.gif

there's a trick

When the amnesty is including him he can be back anytime then.

He didn't say or even mean that he won't accept it. He'd wait a bit longer to come back a bit later, that's all.

No changes or anything challenging. Just usually tricky.

Complaining of not receiving justice? If he didn't run away he'd received it already.

Time's a bitch sometimes.

It's still time to show guts and to meet justice Mr. Thaksin. If you trust the govt (your govt) then give it a chance, otherwise your escape spirit will haunt you forever. Do it right now. In a months time nobody will believe you any longer, not even your sheep.

What are you going to do with your Montenegrin citizenship when you love Thailand?

Edited by elcent

P.S. I am shipping tons of medical supplies I purchased from my personal fortune that you kind people allowed me to amass whilst pretending to be acting for the benefit of Thailand. These supplies should be distributed free and I have instructed my people on the ground to forgo their usual commissions on donations and ensure that anyone in trouble gets the help and support they need.

I guess he forgot to add this.

“I am ready to sacrifice my personal happiness even thoughI have received no justice for more than five years. For all Thai people, I will exercise patience”, said Thaksin.

Your justice is waiting for you now, and has been for a few years already, along with another half a dozen cases that are ready to be prosecuted.

You are free to come back now and receive your justice.

What's the matter? Something lacking down below?

Edited by metisdead
Large font reduced. Use default forum font when posting.

Disingenuous and dissembling.

Because his acolytes think "Reconciliation" is getting him back to rule.

They are doing something for 25,999 others that just coincidentally fits him too.

And he can't be seen by the majority of people as causing the Kings health to suffer. Regardless about what comes off some stages, the vast majority if Thais adore their King.

And no one expected the back lash to this meshuganha deal, to be this loud long and universal. So backpedalling and muddying the waters.

Edited by animatic

He writes that anything done during this period should focus on bringing about national reconciliation and measures to overcome the current flood crisis.

The one positive sign from the letter is that he seems to be agreeing with PAD and countless others in that this whole pardon fiasco should be put on the back burner while the government should instead focus its energies on recovering from the flood crisis.

Good job. :thumbsup:

Someone forgot to mention

The Red Shirts today Sunday 207h November are all over Udon, getting ready to demand Thaskin is allowed to return

Friend over the phone told me cars are being stopped and asked if they support Thaskins return

Sad days for the driver if they say NO

Edited by thaiphoon
Font changed to standard font for better reading

“I am ready to sacrifice my personal happiness even thoughI have received no justice for more than five years. For all Thai people, I will exercise patience”, said Thaksin.

Your justice is waiting for you now, and has been for a few years already, along with another half a dozen cases that are ready to be prosecuted.

You are free to come back now and receive your justice.

What's the matter? Something lacking down below?

How dare this total hypocrite talk about "justice" ?,how much "justice" did the over 2,500 dead people receive in his 2003 "war on drugs", why not Google up "Thaksin a human rights abuser of the worst kind" quite enlightening! :realangry: Edited by metisdead

Has the wedding been postponed until when the time is right? Come back and face the courts of law, like most other people regardless of how wealthy (in money) you might be.

I couldn't care less if you owned the World, you are not above the law of the land. As others have said, if you have anything in between those legs of yours come back and face the music, do your time and then people might be inclined to forgive.. But not until then!

I didn't realize he was still a Police lieutenant col.

Given the amount of disinformation that has been circulating recently I'll wager that by 5 o'clock tonight he'll have telephoned all the major newsrooms telling them that that is not his handwriting or his letter, he knows nothing about it, its a set up, he never wrote the letter, it was written by an invisible hand.

If he is so concerned about reconciliation he should stop stirring the pot and start live his chosen life in exile quietly as a humble citizen of HM the king.

Edited by jonclark

I am confident that our Prime Minister shares my belief and intention.

Hardly surprising given that ...

Choosing his youngest sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, 44, to be the prime ministerial candidate for the Pheu Thai Party

Thaksin has gone so far as to call his sister, who has spent most of her career running Shinawatra family-owned companies, his "clone."

Deutsche Presse-Agentur (DPA) - June 28, 2011

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1647964.php/PROFILE-Thaksin-s-clone-steals-the-limelight-in-Thai-campaign

Edited by Buchholz

Has the wedding been postponed until when the time is right? Come back and face the courts of law, like most other people regardless of how wealthy (in money) you might be.

No word on a delay for his daughter's wedding, scheduled in 3 weeks, on December 12th.

As the Shinawatra wedding is shaping up to be quite the shindig (pun intended) at the 5-star Plaza Athenee Hotel, changing the schedule might be difficult, although billionairess's have many options most others do not.

Edited by Buchholz

recalling Anand's speech now

http://www.thaivisa....way-to-tyranny/

This speech should get more attention, it is underestimated and hopefully not a sad reality in TH soon. Doesn't look promising at the moment though.

Indeed.

Though I will not the Council of State just shot down the attempt

at handing Thaksin's brother in law total control over the press.

They may be 70-80 but that was thinking clearly.

If he had a single grain of integrity, he would ask the government *not* to include his name on the list.

That's it!!!

But he still thinks he's the champion.

Every day more of his drivel and people will send the rest of his family and group to unknown destinations. At least there're rumors about it.

He is prepared to sacrifice his personal happiness. But not his freedom and justice was handed to him, I thought?

jb1

His total abuse of power, he knows what he did, he swindled his own people and country (that he loves too much) what he did for Thailand==He Was Paid For== it's called duty. His remarks lack total remorse for his wrong doings, he is sick to the extent he has convinced his self he is innocent, and the wrongs were done to him. Had it not been for him, MOST of the problems we are facing here was HIS doing. What we call in England.... Sh#t Stirring. and look again at the quotes from him.................'' I am prepared to sacrifice my personal happiness even though I have not received justice during the last five years. I will be patient for the sake of the people.

"forgive and forget" by forgiving each other and forget the past :bah:

Anyone finding these remarks by him -tasteful needs therapy.... sorry you Thai minority-(yes under 50%) cannot see through this guy.

I didn't realize he was still a Police lieutenant col.

Still waiting nearly 3 years on... and with his brother-in-law the new National Police Chief, it might be a bit longer...

2 year-plus waiting... and still waiting waiting for the police stripping him of his rank

Pol. Maj-Gen. Panya Aengchuan, commander of the police department's disciplinary division, said a proposal to strip Mr. Thaksin of his police rank of lieutenant-colonel would be sent to National Police Commissioner Pol. Gen. Patcharawat for his consideration.

Noting that a court had already judged and imposed a two-year imprisonment on the ousted premier minister, Gen. Panya said Mr. Thaksin is found to be in breach of police regulations, which stipulates that a police officer's rank must be stripped if the person is convicted and escapes to avoid imprisonment.

On October 21, the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions found former police officer Thaksin guilty of a conflict of interest and sentenced him in absentia to two years in jail.

-- TNA 2009-01-08[/size]

AND... the 2 year-plus waiting also applies for the return of his royal decorations...

Thaksin willing to return royal decorations

The Nation - October 13, 2008

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will likely agree to return all of his royal decorations if required to by law, Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said yesterday.

If Thaksin fails to appeal the Supreme Court's guilty verdict and two-year jail sentence against him in the Ratchadaphisek land case, the Knight Grand Commander (Second Class, higher grade) of the Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao would need to be recalled.

A PM's Office decree endorsed by then-PM Thaksin in August 2005 gives eight criteria for the recalling of royal decorations, including if a person is convicted by the highest court and ordered to serve time in prison.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Epilogue: Thaksin DID fail to appeal his guilty verdict, but has never complied with the recall law he himself signed.